PDA

View Full Version : Hey there

OliverMatt
17-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Greetings! I haven't Monster but I think to buy it. So... just decided to read some articles and found this forum. :flag:

Darkness
17-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Hi. There’s quite a choice of models, so you probably need to ride a few to see what you like, though Insurance may be a constraint in London?

Flip
17-05-2019, 01:29 PM
Hi. There’s quite a choice of models, so you probably need to ride a few to see what you like, though Insurance may be a constraint in London?

As might the age of the bike with the new ULEZ zone depending upon where in London you ride.

slob
17-05-2019, 01:52 PM
hello and welcome

try the search menu at the top of the screen

OliverMatt
17-05-2019, 01:53 PM

Hmm, it's really great advice about riding. Insurance? The question is need more attention because I didn't think about it.

OliverMatt
17-05-2019, 01:54 PM
hello and welcome

try the search menu at the top of the screen

Hello, thanks : )

mickj
17-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forum Oliver, :thumbsup: I did the same thing before I bought my Monster.

Luddite
17-05-2019, 02:25 PM
As might the age of the bike with the new ULEZ zone depending upon where in London you ride.

Also depending upon where in London you live. If you actually live within the zone, rather than just travelling within it, then an exemption is available until 2021.

From the TFL website...

"Residents

The discount will be available to those who live within the ULEZ and in designated areas next to the boundary where the Congestion Charge residents' discount applies. The grace period applies until 24 October 2021."

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/discounts-and-exemptions#on-this-page-0

"Discounts and exemptions

Residents who are registered for the residents' Congestion Charge discount will get a 100% ULEZ discount until 24 October 2021 to give them more time to change their vehicle to meet the ULEZ standards.

Residents will continue to pay the T-Charge, at a discounted rate of 90%, during this ULEZ resident*grace period."

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ulez-where-and-when#on-this-page-6