PDA

View Full Version : Weekender 2019 REBOOT

Moco1961
15-04-2019, 07:40 PM
OK Folks, there has been so much going on recently regarding the weekender ,it has been suggested we start all over to eliminate confusion and hopefully tempt some more members to join the fun and what promises to be a great weekend. There will be duplication for which I apologise in advance, also please don't think I will neglect the folk who cant make it as a result of the late change of date........ I wont.

So without further ado, the weekender is at the Rossett Hall Hotel, 3rd to 5th May, the hotel have reserved 20 rooms at a very special rate

• Double Occupancy Rooms £99.00 per night
• Single Occupancy Rooms £89.00 per night

This rate includes the following:

Friday is a 2 course dinner.

Saturday a 3 course dinner with coffee (pre-order would be required);

Sunday a 2 course buffet dinner;

Complimentary private dinning room with bar on all nights for the evening meals;

Full Breakfast on all morning served in the Oscars Restaurant between 7am and 10am.

To make your reservations please contact the Hotel, Helen is our contact, and quote "Ducati weekend" and you will be on the guest list for the special rates.

The Hotel will take card details to reserve the room with no payment taken until you leave.

Contact details are :-

T - 01244 571000
F - 0871 522 6602
E - reservations@rossetthallhotel.co.uk

More posts to follow to focus the mind:ukm:

Moco1961
15-04-2019, 08:13 PM
So on the Friday we all make our way to the Hotel, no pressure on anyone, rooms are booked and your meal will be arranged.

Please let the Hotel know what time you will arrive and they will reserve a table, Myself Chris and Geoff have a table at 19.30, anyone else wanting to join us and eat at that time shout up and it will be so.

Saturday will be a ride out leaving the hotel with the first port of call being the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and the Llangollen Canal World Heritage site , the Aqueduct is a 70-foot (21 m) high and 710-foot (220 m) long navigable aqueduct that carries what is now the Llangollen Canal across the Ceiriog Valley . so we start off with a World Heritage site.......c'mon !:thumbsup:

We will then ride through some cracking roads and scenery to arrive at the Sygun copper mine, this is a good stretch , we may well have a tea stop en-route.
The Mine is a Victorian copper mine which closed in 1903 but was renovated and reopened as a tourist attraction in 1986, managed by none other than our very own "Bitza "......( see I am bigging you up here Mike :chuckle:). There is a cafe at the Mine for those who need a bite, for the adventure seekers the trip into the mine is about 40 minutes, well worth it, especially when you hear the deal. So Mike has kindly agreed we donate to the wales Air Ambulance and entry will be free. To do this we will have a raffle on the Friday night with all funds going to the Air Ambulance....... prizes for the raffle have been donated by Geoffs Ducati contacts....watch this space.

We then hit the roads again with the planned destination the Ponderossa cafe on the horseshoe pass, we need to get there by 16:00 to grab a cuppa and enjoy the view, it closes at 17:00.

That gives us time to get back to the Hotel and chill a while before we have dinner at 20:00. The menu will follow on the next post, Helen wants all meals to be pre-booked. to do this please contact myself, on a thread or PM will be fine. I have agreed to do a spreadsheet for her. She has had too many errors in the past with different hotel staff taking meal requests so is quite insistent about this.

Meal over its time to relax and listen to our guest speaker who is Ducati from Head to toe and a great bloke to go with it. He has some great tales to tell and loves engaging with the audience, I am sure we can raise a question or two.

Thats Friday and Saturday, please see the next post for Saturday menu......:booze:

Moco1961
15-04-2019, 08:18 PM
ok make your choices and let me know...BY 29TH APRIL PLEASE........

THE DUCATI WEEKEND MENU
4th MAY 2019

Roasted Red Pepper Soup with a bread roll

Teriyaki Beef Strips, Asian Salad, Sweet Chilli Sauce

Smoked Mackerel Pate, Baby Gem Letuce, Horseradish Dressing

ooOoo

Pork Loin, Savoy Cabbage, Smoked Bacon, Root Vegetable Puree,
Whole Grain Mustard, Cream Sauce

Pan Fried Cod Loin, Smoked Haddock & Chowder

Feta & Spinach Strudel, Seasonal Greens, Mushroom Sauce

ooOoo

Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Sauce, Raspberry Sorbet

Lemon Meringue Pie, Macerated Strawberries

Chef's Selection of Cheese with Biscuits and Traditional Accompaniments

Freshly Brewed Tea or Coffee with Homemade Fudge

Moco1961
15-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Sunday will be national ride out with a leisurely ride to Portmeirion village . It was designed and built by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis between 1925 and 1975 in the style of an Italian village, ..............see what we did there !

It was also the location for "The prisoner " , filmed in 1966–1967 staring Patrick McGoohan as "No 6 ".

We have table/tables booked in the castle for Sunday lunch at 13:30. Lunch menu will follow this post, again they would appreciate advance warning so as if I have not given you enough to decide on, I need your choices for this meal too !!

After the meal we propose to do the votes for the trophies ( very different this year i promise you ).

The cost of the meal gets us entry to the village and when the visitor numbers drop a once in a lifetime chance to get the bikes into the village for what we hope will be an opportunity to take good photographs for a 2020 calendar.

Moco1961
15-04-2019, 08:49 PM
Hope you are all keeping up with this....c'mon :ukm:.... this is the menu choice for Sunday at Portmeirrion.....Please remember the meal price gets you a £12.50 voucher to get into the village

Soup of the day
Confit duck leg terrine with plum puree, rocket and star anise dressing

Smoked mackerel and samphire flan with warm poached egg and watercress

Trio of fish with fennel and dill salad

Salad of roasted pear, Môn Las with walnuts and balsamic

Welsh mussels in white wine, shallots and garlic, finished with parsley & cream, served with toasted sourdough
~~~~~~~~~
Roast sirloin of Welsh beef, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables and a red wine sauce

Braised lamb Henry, roasted potatoes, seasonal vegetables and a rosemary sauce

Breast of chicken with Anna potatoes, cabbage, crispy smoked bacon and caramelized baby onion

Broccoli and asparagus tart with spinach and carrots, and a tarragon and lentil sauce

Fish
Grilled fillet of seabass on herb risotto, with mussels, cockles and a laverbread broth

Fillet of plaice with saffron potato, roasted scallop, fennel and broccoli with a dill cream sauce

Welsh mussels in white wine, shallots and garlic, finished with parsley & cream, served with toasted sourdough

Sides - £3.25
Chunky chips
Crispy baby potatoes
Buttered carrots
Garden peas
Fine beans with soy sauce and chili
Creamed cabbage and bacon
Mixed salad

~~~~~~~~~~
Chocolate brownie with hazelnut brittle, popcorn ice cream and a caramel sauce

Vanilla crème brûlée with blueberry compote and honey and lemon madeleines

Lemon meringue tart Eton Mess

Warm treacle tart with glazed pecans and vanilla mascarpone

Selection of Portmeirion gelato and sorbet
Selection of Welsh farmhouse cheeseboard with biscuits and chutney

£23.95 for 2 courses
£29.95 for 3 courses

Rob, apologies for the formatting, maybe you can work your magic on it!

Moco1961
15-04-2019, 08:56 PM
As if all that was not enough, we get back to the hotel and have a buffet , consisting of:

Lasagne

Veggie Lasagne

Salad Selection

Garlic Bread

Chips

Cold Meats Selection

Chefs Choice of 2 desserts.

Now we are looking to get these 20 rooms booked , here is the list so far, I have asked if the remaining rooms can be kept for us until Friday. This is a great weekend with plenty to do..............I have not even mentioned the Roman City of Chester yet....oooops I just did.....:chuckle:

Come and join us for what promises to be a belter :

Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851
Mr Gazza
Rollo22
Liz & Stafford
Uksurfer & Char

chris yeatman
16-04-2019, 11:57 AM
looks great, sorry I can't join you all now. theres always next year.

Moco1961
16-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Hi Chris, I Hope so mate, we can resurrect the "best blue s4r " competition too :chuckle:

utopia
16-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Confirmed that I'm not double booked that weekend now.
So I'm in again .. room share with BRD

Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851
Mr Gazza
Rollo22
Liz & Stafford
Uksurfer & Char
Utopia

alan c
16-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Hi Mike, as you know I am just waiting to confirm my moving date. Hope to know this week and will book room as soon as know.

Do not want to miss this amazing weekend and tide up to north wales.

Fingers crossed

Moco1961
16-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Nice one jeff...............welcome back..if you were ever away !!

Keeping everything crossed for you Alan, lets hope the tide is in when we are at Portmeirrion..........:chuckle::chuckle:

buzzbomb
16-04-2019, 05:05 PM
Being that the local first Sunday of the month meeting falls on the day that we are having roast dinner in the castle restaurant at Portmeirrion it would be great to have a good turnout from all :ukm: members plus the £23.95 cost of the two coarse meal also gains you free entrance into to the Italian village.

Come and support the team that has had to do an unforeseen turn round due to the original hotel going into administration...

Mr Gazza
16-04-2019, 05:39 PM
I just can't come to terms with the sheer volume of birds, mammals and marine life that will be slain to fill the menu on Sunday!!.. I'd be happy with a bag of chips.

I'll pay the £12.50 to get in and take my chances on the café down by the quay... If it's still open? Or take a packed lunch.

Moco1961
16-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Quite a few vegetables have been uprooted too !:chuckle:

Mr Gazza
16-04-2019, 06:18 PM
You should see my daughter gouging the eyes out of potatoes to make chips!!

alan c
17-04-2019, 03:49 PM
Hi Mike, as you know I am just waiting to confirm my moving date. Hope to know this week and will book room as soon as know.

Do not want to miss this amazing weekend and tide up to north wales.

Fingers crossed

Sorry I cannot commit and book room as moving date not yet agreed and may be first bank holiday weekend.

If this changes I will have to take a chance to see if any rooms available !

Moco1961
17-04-2019, 06:35 PM
.....thanks for keeping me up to speed Alan, hopefully everything will fall into,place.

Moco1961
18-04-2019, 06:04 PM
,thanks tho rollo22, Liz and Stafford for the meal choices, keep them coming folks.:biggrin:

Moco1961
20-04-2019, 06:20 AM
".........and big red duke, I thank you sir !, still more to come folks although I know it's not a good time to be thinking food with all those Easter eggs to eat tomorrow...maybe a job for Monday...:thumbsup:

uksurfer
20-04-2019, 06:45 AM
Menu choices are sent

Looks great menus

Moco1961
20-04-2019, 06:55 AM
Cheers Martin, spreadsheet coming along nicely now :thumbsup:

Moco1961
21-04-2019, 04:26 PM
The countdown has begun, two weeks today we will be in portmeirion village, very important for those not at the hotel, you can join the ride out either at the hotel or on the route.

If you want to join at the hotel please turn up for 10.00 am,fully fuelled and ready to go.there will be a briefing and we aim to leave 10:30 am.

Those joining on route pm me or post up and I can mail you the route and planned rest stops.

In both cases please let me have menu choices for the Sunday lunch if you are joining us,

Hope to see you Sunday 5th :ukm:

dacs
21-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Mike, thanks for your response on the original Weekender thread to my pm. I've managed to find a get out of jail card that should allow me to travel over on the Saturday and back to Norfolk on the Sunday :thumbsup:, so I plan to do the Saturday night meal, back to a hotel I've booked in Wrexham and then get in everyone's way as you get ready for Sunday's rideout on my way home. If that's OK.
Can't wait to see how Mr Gazza manages with his Penny Farthing special edition Monster.
My menu choice for Saturday evening is
Red Pepper Soup
Feta & Spinach Strudel
Lemon Meringue please let me know whether I need to book a table place with Rossett Hall or just show up (can't pm this info, your inbox is full).

Moco1961
24-04-2019, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the meal choice Dacs, you are on the spreadsheet ! Pm sent.....there is now space in my inbox!,

I will confirm with Helen when I send her the full menu choice list,

Cheers...and good effort mate!

Moco1961
24-04-2019, 07:54 PM
Hi again everyone, jumping threads like a grasshopper in a cotton shop here.... time to remove the mystery of the guest speaker, for reasons that will become clear when you see the tee shirt design,

Sports Motorcycles Manchester have a well earned place in Ducati folklore being the providers of the Bike and support for a certain Mike Hailwood when he decided to make a comeback in 1978.
Steve Wynne now resides in New Zealand,however his business partner throughout the Manchester days ,Peter Kynnersley remains in the UK. We are proud he is part of our group,a regular at the Lockgate and delighted to announce him as our guest speaker on Saturday May 4th.

Pete is looking forward to telling the story of the greatest comeback in motorcycle sport....and a few other ripping yarns.

Hope you are all looking forward to it, now see the tee shirt thread :chuckle::chuckle:

alan c
25-04-2019, 09:14 AM
I can now attend along with Colin and Mart so three more on list, really looking forward to another great weekender

Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851
Mr Gazza
Rollo22
Liz & Stafford
Uksurfer & Char
Utopia
Alan
Colin
Mart

Moco1961
25-04-2019, 02:09 PM
Brilliant news guys, as discussed last night mate , well done, and welcome back !

Moco1961
26-04-2019, 12:32 PM
I know I am duplicating threads here but want to ensure I capture everyone, I need choices by 15:00 TODAY, we need the order placed in order to get them on time for the weekender.

thanks in advance

Moco1961
26-04-2019, 07:01 PM
So Helen has confirmed the remaining rooms at the hotel that were allocated to us are now back on general sale ahead of the bank holiday. Any one still wishing to book please call the hotel and quote"Ducati weekend" and you will still get the deal subject to availability.

Big thanks to all those who have booked,:ukm:

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 07:34 AM
Morning all, so for anyone wishing to join the group on Saturday night for the meal and after dinner yarns you are most welcome. The price for dinner for non residents is £25.00.

:ukm:

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Folks, its Saturday late afternoon and I am chilled sorting menu spreadsheets and listening to the playlists ( which are Bl$*dy brilliant by the way !.....and thats down to you guys ), like Colin I am also preparing for next weekend, ................ finished all my peroni , now on corona, anyway.................I still need Saturday Dinner choices from 10 of you, Geoff I will see you tomorrow bud, so 8 more required, c'mon folks I need to mail the hotel by monday.

:booze:

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Colin..............not sure if its your choice or an omission but you have not given me a Desert choice mate............. Let me know asap , cheers:thumbsup:

Doggy
27-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Colin..............not sure if its your choice or an omission but you have not given me a Desert choice mate............. Let me know asap , cheers:thumbsup:

Oops sorry . Chocolate brownie for me please

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 05:28 PM
C'Mon No 6, where is your meal choices :thumbsup: hey guys I need to let Portmeirion know the choices too, I am 8 people short so far, can I have your options by say 19:00 tomorrow pleeeeeeeze............. Need to get it sorted for you so everything runs like clockwork on the day.:thumbsup:

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Oops sorry . Chocolate brownie for me please

Cheers Colin.................. consider it done sir !, good choice BTW:thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
27-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Don't over do the Corona!.. :booze:

I'm sure you already have this from my mail....
No Starter.
Feta Strudel.
Chocolate Brownie.

I know I'm booked for the 8.30 sitting on Friday, but I can't remember if I have seen any menu options. What's on offer? Do we need to book it?

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 06:03 PM
............ yes I am on it with your mail mate, so Friday is from the ala carte at Oscars bar, the only thing you need to do is book a table, on the website next so stand by,,,,,,,:thumbsup:

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Gazza and everyone else that has asked, please see the menu form Oscars , I have lifted this from the website so PLEASE TREAT AS A GUIDE ........I need to speak to Helen who is not in untill Monday although I am at the hotel again tomorrow, I will try to firm this up but my understanding is we select from this menu and it is within our price................ please take a look but as I say I have not got a firm menu for Friday from Helen as yet....

While you wait…
Toasted Garlic Ciabatta (v)

Toasted Garlic Ciabatta glazed with Cheddar Cheese (v)

Mixed Olives (v)

Deep Fried Blanche bait served with Tartare sauce

Homemade Flat Breads served with Humous, Cream Cheese & Chive Dips (v)

To Start
Home Made Soup of the Day – served with Crusty Bread (V ,GF ,*)

Pork Belly, served with Celeriac Remoulade, Black Pudding and a Roasted Apple Puree

Chicken, Chorizo and Pistacho Galantine, served with
Sun blushed Tomato and Sweet Pea Salad and a Roasted Red Pepper Pesto

Stilton Cheese Croquette, Sweet Potato Puree, Chicory Salad with
a Saffron Poached Pear and Stem Ginger Dressing(v)

Smoked Salmon Blini with Crispy Lotus Root, Pickled Shallots and a Wasabi Crème Fraiche –

Grilled Sardines served with Provençale vegetables, Basil and a Garlic and Chilli Oil , Toasted Ciabatta (*)

Fillet of Beef– Chunks of Beef, sautéed in Beef dripping,
Garlic & Thyme, served with Toasted Ciabatta (*)

To Follow
Meat Dishes
Homemade Steak and Ale Pie served with Chips and Seasonal Vegetables

Honey Roast Ham served with a Fried Egg, Hand Cut
Chips and House Salad (GF)

Loin of Pork served with Mashed Potatoes Sautéed Spring Cabbage,
Caramelised Apple, Cider Cream Sauce (GF)

Oven Roast Lamb Rump, Potato and Red Onion Balsamic, Butter Bean Puree,
Roasted Carrots and Peas, Ruby Chard Leaf and a Redcurrant Jus (GF)

Pan Fried Chicken Supreme, served with Pomme Anna, Ostropel Sauce
and Courgette Romanesque (GF)

Fish Dishes
Battered Cod served with Hand Cut Chips, Mushy Peas,
Tartare sauce and Charred Lemon (GF)

Pan Fried Cod Supreme served with Celeriac Puree, Cockles,
Pearl Onion and Smoked Bacon Fricassée and a Dill Oil (GF)

Vegetarian Dishes
Quinoa “Chilli Con Carne” – Quinoa, Kidney Beans and Vegetables in a Chilli Sauce,
served with Guacamole, Tomato Salsa and Sour Cream (GF dish can be vegan on request)

Breaded Tofu Steak—Miso and Soy Marinated Tofu Steak served with a Spinach
and Tomato Salad, and Tomato and Onion Bread (GF,VE)

Melanzane and Ricotta al Forno—Baked Stuffed Aubergines with Mediterranean Vegetables
cooked in a Tomato Sauce topped with Parmesan Cheese (GF)

From the Grill
Homemade Steak Burger served with Smoked Bacon and Smoked Cheddar
on a Brioche Bun with Hardcore Coleslaw, Tomato Relish, Fries and Gherkin

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Holy record decks Batman!!!!............ thats some playlist suggestion Paul, I am on it pal, if you have that little lot ( lots n lots of songs) on an I-Pad /Pod or whatever please bring along with you, wow amazing, some I already have , adding to the play list right now...thanks PAL:thumbsup:

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 07:08 PM
I'm sure you already have this from my mail....
No Starter.
Feta Strudel.
Chocolate Brownie.

I know I'm booked for the 8.30 sitting on Friday, but I can't remember if I have seen any menu options. What's on offer? Do we need to book it?

..............sorry mate, the No 6 shout out was not directed at you , just all who have not yet given menu options:thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
27-04-2019, 07:21 PM
I am a name, not a number.

Grumpy
27-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Holy record decks Batman!!!!............ thats some playlist suggestion Paul, I am on it pal, if you have that little lot ( lots n lots of songs) on an I-Pad /Pod or whatever please bring along with you, wow amazing, some I already have , adding to the play list right now...thanks PAL:thumbsup:

My i pod has 23 days of music stored, if you fancy!

Moco1961
27-04-2019, 07:53 PM
...bring it on James ! I have been shifting through all sorts of suggestions today, I embrace all music but between me an you....I am struggling with Joni mitchell :grump:

Goofle
28-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Would it be possible to join in Saturday for the ride please subject to me getting my carbs fitted and tested? Happy to join with from Rossett or the Aquaduct?

ChrisC2925
28-04-2019, 09:29 AM
...bring it on James ! I have been shifting through all sorts of suggestions today, I embrace all music but between me an you....I am struggling with Joni mitchell :grump:

Got 10000 songs on my iPod plus another 10000 'partitioned' on the iPod (so would need a lap top to put them through) and 6000 on the phone if you are struggling Mike! What Joni Mitchell are you looking for?

Moco1961
28-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Would it be possible to join in Saturday for the ride please subject to me getting my carbs fitted and tested? Happy to join with from Rossett or the Aquaduct?

Ian, you don't have to ask mate, please come and join the gang, this is for all ukmoc:thumbsup:

We will be leaving the hotel at 10:30, we will be at the aqueduct by 11:00 and spend about half an hour there then we press onto the copper mine.

Hope to see you Saturday,

Moco1961
28-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Got 10000 songs on my iPod plus another 10000 'partitioned' on the iPod (so would need a lap top to put them through) and 6000 on the phone if you are struggling Mike! What Joni Mitchell are you looking for?

Hi Chris, please feel free to bring your I-pod, what I meant was I was struggling to find a Joni song I actually liked!!!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

I am taking my laptop to the venue btw so all good with that option,

utopia
28-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Got 10000 songs on my iPod plus another 10000 'partitioned' on the iPod (so would need a lap top to put them through) and 6000 on the phone if you are struggling Mike!

Mostly Dead tunes, I'm guessing.
There's a lot of them about.
:)

Its perhaps worth emphasising, for the sake of newer members, that anyone is welcome to join the weekender group without staying overnight at all.
Day trippers are very welcome and often constitute a large proportion of the group on any particular day.
That is very much an integral part of the event.

Goofle
28-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Ian, you don't have to ask mate, please come and join the gang, this is for all ukmoc:thumbsup:

We will be leaving the hotel at 10:30, we will be at the aqueduct by 11:00 and spend about half an hour there then we press onto the copper mine.

Hope to see you Saturday,

Thanks, I'll let you know nearer the time. I've just got the carbs fitted and it all back together just to find fuel leaking from somewhere..

Moco1961
28-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Its perhaps worth emphasising, for the sake of newer members, that anyone is welcome to join the weekender group without staying overnight at all.
Day trippers are very welcome and often constitute a large proportion of the group on any particular day.

.........Absolutely!, as Jeff says the event is open to all wether it's to stay at the venue, join in one or all of the days or even come the the venue to say hello and see what's going on. AndyB,Annabel and Yanbo are joining routes as we ride them so come on down :chuckle:

buzzbomb
28-04-2019, 04:24 PM
The more the merrier ...:thumbsup:

In fact if anyone's coming Saturday please come back to the hotel for dinner and take part in our guest speakers talk, question and answer session plus there's a raffle with some nice prizes...:eyepopping:

And for Sunday we're leaving the hotel at approx 10.30am arriving at the castle hotel in Portmeirion for roast dinner followed by the bike awards and then the freedom of the village for sight seeing and later a photo shoot...:hail:

So come on down and don't be shy..:idea:

Moco1961
28-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Thanks to everyone who has confirmed so far, please don't take this as a name and shame, I am putting names up in case any of you can contact them direct,

Stinger101........ Choices for both Saturday and Sunday please mate,
Liz and Stafford......I need Sunday choices please,

Apologies to the above if you have mailed me when my pm box was full, now empty!

Many thanks in advance

Mike

MOB_Sven
28-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Hi guys! Wishing you all a good w-ender. Unfortunatly we cant make it but we Will make a weekender ourself in Schotland at the end of may.

May the sunshine be with you!

Greetings from Buggenhout!

Moco1961
28-04-2019, 08:55 PM
Sven,

Thanks for the good wishes and sorry that the change of date and venue meant you could not rearrange .

Hopefully we can meet at the end of May, enjoy Scotland:thumbsup:

Grumpy
28-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Hi guys! Wishing you all a good w-ender. Unfortunatly we cant make it but we Will make a weekender ourself in Schotland at the end of may.

Thanks Sven, would this be a whisky tour!

alan c
29-04-2019, 08:49 PM

Hi Sven, thanks for good wishes and enjoy your time in Scotland, I am moving near Dover so if you fancy popping in let me know :spin:

ChrisC2925
30-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Mostly Dead tunes, I'm guessing.
There's a lot of them about.
:)

There's a fair number on there Jeff - along with plenty of different genres, I'd be more than happy to do you a few swaps!

Liz
01-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Liz and Stafford......I need Sunday choices please

PM sent Mike!

Liz
01-05-2019, 08:32 AM

That's a shame Sven, have fun in Scotland!

Doggy
02-05-2019, 07:38 PM
Is it time for the weekender yet ? Let me out! :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

https://i.postimg.cc/nhF60tGD/20190414_170336.jpg (https://postimg.cc/XpPHYmhj)

Moco1961
02-05-2019, 08:02 PM
....YES:chuckle:c,mon , I ordered some rain yesterday and earlier today to get the roads nice and clean with some sunny periods but dry days to follow, so far so good: Have a great journey North Colin, see you soon:ukm:

bigredduke
02-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Don't forget to pack yer thermals!

Moco1961
02-05-2019, 08:29 PM
Dry but cool Paul, the important bit being dry!.......won't be dry in the bar though :booze::thumbsup::drunk:

bigredduke
02-05-2019, 09:10 PM
I will take dry & cool over warm & wet anyday!

Moco1961
02-05-2019, 09:20 PM
See you tomorrow, safe journey to you and all the weekenders,:biggrin:

Grumpy
02-05-2019, 09:43 PM
See you tomorrow, safe journey to you and all the weekenders,:biggrin:

Thanks Mike, look forward to the festivities :biggrin::woot::drunk:

buzzbomb
02-05-2019, 10:21 PM
It might be slightly cool outside but there'll be a warm northern :ukm: welcome inside so see you all tomorrow...:thumbsup:

Ride safe..:flag:

Stinger101
03-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Hi All my Wife Tracey is driving up so I can pack some common tools if necessary. I have almost everything for day to day stuff, but don't really know what I'm doing with any of it, throw suggestions at me and I'll put all I can in the car for communal use - should anyone need a spanner or stuff! She's leaving Alcester at 11.30 or so. Not a lot of notice. sorry........

Albie
03-05-2019, 09:13 AM
I hope you all have a fun and enjoyable weekender. Hope the weather stays nice and dry.
I sadly am working the weekend but such is life.

chris yeatman
03-05-2019, 09:13 AM
Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Mr Gazza
03-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Have you got anything to fix the heater on my Monster Mark??

I'll see you there... Looking forward to a WARM welcome, but no tongues please Geoff!!

mickj
03-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Have a great weekend guys and girls. :thumbsup:

Luddite
03-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Hope everyone attending the Weekender has a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the event - unless it's a case of "what happens in Portmeirion stays in Portmeirion)!?:booze: :twak: :yoparty: :ukm:

utopia
03-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Nothing gets out of Portmerion. ;)

Goofle
03-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Monster fixed, hope to see you at the Rosett Hall Hotel tomorrow morning!

Darkness
04-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Hope you all got there safe and dry and hope you enjoy the organised ride outs and food.

And possibly the odd tipple!

Have a great weekend!

Mark

slob
04-05-2019, 05:55 PM
all good, come and join us tomorrow, rideout leaves at 10:30am sharp
http://www.thelasturl.net/img/sygun.jpg

Luddite
04-05-2019, 06:38 PM
That's a beautiful view - and the scenery's not bad either!

Is that Doggy's Monster, back to white, in the foreground?

slob
05-05-2019, 06:11 AM
no, doggy’s is the red one at the back, alan c’s is white this weekend

Moco1961
05-05-2019, 06:57 AM
National ride out today folks, please don't be shy,join us at the hotel for 10.00 for a 10.30 departure, first stop is the ponderosa, then to portmeirion. It's dry and threatening sunny periods.

Nickj
05-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Sun here today but I see there was snow in the hills over there.
Love to have scooted up but a broken finger makes riding just a bit painful :(

dacs
06-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Really enjoyed being at the Weekender for Saturday night,. Great choice of hotel as it turned out and congratulations to Mike and the North West guys. Safe trips to everyone travelling back today

ChrisC2925
06-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Hopefully everyone gets home safely after the first Weekender Up North -mostly sunny but a definite nip to the air

It was good to put faces to some of the usernames on the Forum

Well done Mike for your perseverance in getting the whole event rearranged at such short notice.

Credit is also due to the behind the scenes efforts of Adie, Mark, Pezz and everyones favourite uncle Geoff to make sure it all went smoothly.

A special thanks to both Karen, Mike's long suffering wife, for the supply of egg & bacon barmcakes and tea breakfasts before the trial runs and welcome hot drink and chocolate biscuits on our return to the pop up Moco Cafe and to their daughter, Kirsten, for doing the original Weekender webpage and rapid revamp when everything turned turtle.

We will be seeing guest speak Peter at our next get together June 2nd and hopefully Mike (Bitsa) now his Monster creation is road legal.

So that's it for this year, here's to 2020!

Char
06-05-2019, 12:15 PM
back home - great weekend
thanks to the organizers - we know how much work goes into these ;p

will get some pics up later

yours Aunty Social & Cold Killer Biggs :p

Moco1961
06-05-2019, 01:57 PM
WOW !.............where do I start,

Thanks to so many people for making this weekender, Chris, Pezz, Mark, Adie and Geoff . Helen and Di with the Rossett Hall Team for making us all so welcome and of course a big thanks to each and everyone for making the effort to get here. Great to see faces behind the forum characters.

As Chris says if we could dial the temperature up a notch we would have done but hopefully everyone enjoyed the ride outs.

I am now on a strict diet and wont be eating for the rest of the...................afternoon !!

Safe journey to all , I need to contact Rob for yet another photo tutorial as I am failing once again to post pics from my Flickr account.

Until next time folks,

rollo22
06-05-2019, 02:08 PM
Mike and the team.
Thanks for organising a great weekend.
Home safe and sound.
Duncan

Moco1961
06-05-2019, 02:14 PM
............glad you are back safe and sound, great to meet you. I will attempt photos again later !!:thumbsup:

utopia
06-05-2019, 02:31 PM
Just got back myself.
What a great weekend .. and brilliantly organised, despite last minute spanners being thrown into the works.
I won't list you all .. you know who you are and I'm sure others will name names.
Thanks go not just to the organisers but also to all the attendees .. we couldn't have done it without us, eh ?
Particular admiration goes to Adie for sticking to the rideout programme despite electrical glitches running riot.
And of course to Uncle Buzzbomb.
I'll probably post up a bit more of a write-up once my bones have fully warmed through and I've replenished my tea levels.

Doggy
06-05-2019, 02:57 PM
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend .
836 miles altogether, bike needs a good clean but that can wait until I've warmed up a bit.
Thanks
colin

Moco1961
06-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Hey Colin, well done mate, that was a swift return South, thanks for your company mate, I hope you warm up soon!:thumbsup:

Grumpy
06-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Thanks to everyone up North for a cracking weekender.
Mike, that was one he'll of a rabbit out of the bag at short notice!
Great to meet up with some new and familiar faces.

The guest speaker, Peter, was the icing on the cake.

I arrived home at approx 12.15pm.
The bike's been washed, and checked over already!

Roll on next years.......:thumbsup::D:D

bigredduke
06-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Huge round of applause & much appreciation for the UKMOC NW massive!

A brilliantly organised & executed weekend - tremendous!

Great hotel venue, Portmerion was very special, safe & disciplined rideout (well the one I went on anyway), I really had a great weekend.

Special thanks to Mike & Geoff for all your hard work & dedication which resulted in a truly memorable weekender, not least because I won an award, now proudly on display at Rhynehart Towers.

Apologies for being a bit of a fairy on Sunday, it was just too cold for my old carcass to cope with.

Bit disappointed there wasn't a category for best trailer or biggest poof:gay:, or I could have cleaned up on the awards - maybe next year?

I will post some photos when I can - which hosting site is easiest to use?

Char
06-05-2019, 04:18 PM
I will post some photos when I can - which hosting site is easiest to use?[/QUOTE]

Click on the link at the bottom of my photos , quick easy free site and you can post a bunch in one go :)

Not a softie just sensible !!

bigredduke
06-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Thanks Char!
I also have some short video footage from my iPad of the Sunday ride-out setting off from the hotel (unedited because I wouldn't have a clue how to edit). What's the best way to share this?

Mr Gazza
06-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Got home about an hour ago after clipping the edge of a storm for the last 25 or so miles, kept it nailed rather than stopping to put wetties on. So everything is hanging by the fire now!
Never got my heater fixed, but a stonking Weekender all round, gilded by the fabulous company.
As BRD said, the rides were sensibly executed on some reasonably challenging roads with nobody seeming to fully trust their cool tyres! But what stunning views all along the way.
I have to take my hat off to DACS for his heroic ride over, just for Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast... That's dedication.

Mike is now officially inducted into the UKMOC Worshipful order of Cat Herds, the club's highest honour, and received it on behalf of the rest of the North West team for an absolutely superlative effort creating a truly memorable Weekender.

Huge thanks to all the ladies and Gentlemen involved.. Well done.. :hail:

:ukm:

Moco1961
06-05-2019, 05:10 PM
So pleased everyone enjoyed the weekend and got back home safe.apart from abandoning Jeff when we left on Sunday morning I quite enjoyed being tail gunner for the day !

Gazza,I am delighted to receive the cat whisperer honour, now if you can PM me some "clothing" website addresses to buy some gear to accompany my whip that would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
06-05-2019, 05:22 PM
As someone who uses Bra strap and suspender belts to secure my panniers, you probably wouldn't want to me to recommend any "clothing" suppliers!
All you have to do when you go to use your new wand, is just roll one trouser leg up... :D

Moco1961
06-05-2019, 05:27 PM
All you have to do when you go to use your new wand, is just roll one trouser leg up... :D

.........you are making a big assumption there Gazza:chuckle:

alan c
06-05-2019, 06:20 PM
A massive thank you to Mike and all the gang for a fabulous weekender.

Great ride outs, site seeing, food, beer and loads of banter.

So pleased my clutch held out the whole weekend and made it home ok.

Now time to move house !

Moco1961
06-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Appreciate the effort mate,especially with the clutch , have a great house move:thumbsup:

Pezz
06-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Awesome weekend - was great finally meeting so many names I've been following on here over the past 5 years. UKMOC really is a boss bunch. The rides were brilliant and a great expansion on some of the routes we usually travel - the sites were stunning - food everywhere was great - hotel brill - Pete's talk was incredible and insightful. The icing on the cake was my baby winning 'bike of the year' - thanks to everyone who voted for it :thumbsup:

Can we do it all again please? There's another bank holiday in 3 weeks - c'mon Mike it only took us 3 to re organise this one ;)

Moco1961
07-05-2019, 03:53 AM
Nice one Pezz!:mand:, there is of course a major downside for you to having a second one in 3 weeks time .........your reign of having bike of the year may only last 3 weeks !! Bike of the month does not do your hard work justice, enjoy mate:chuckle:

Liz
07-05-2019, 06:11 AM
A huge thanks to all involved in the organisation and reorganisation of the entire weekend.
Great hotel, great ride outs, great scenery, great company - super, smashing, great!

Stafford
07-05-2019, 07:32 AM
Well done to Moco and all, nice hotel, good food, great rides and scenery.
Peter need to write a book, there must be so much more to tell from behind the scenes.
Book there again for next year, North Wales has lots more to see.

uksurfer
07-05-2019, 05:39 PM
What a great weekend we had, thanks to the organisers and especially the hard work that must have gone into it

Im glad i went!

Sorry, no photos to share just great memorys

bigredduke
07-05-2019, 08:06 PM
https://i.ibb.co/qjZbNVs/IMG-7975.jpg (https://ibb.co/fFcmkLp)

"Reckon your bike's gonna start?"

"Dunno, but I think I know just the bloke who will give me a hand to bump start it"

"Utopia?"

"Yup"

"Don't drop the clutch until you get to the steepest part, near that wall - that should be really funny"

Moco1961
07-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Fantastic pictures Mr G, keep em coming! Pictures look about 5 degrees warmer than it actually was.:thumbsup:

Moco1961
07-05-2019, 08:42 PM
.....for the record mate, the yellow one was adie's, the one that runs "economically ", ie on one cylinder:spin::spin:
Brilliant photographs mate:thumbsup:,love the subtle bin shot btw!

Moco1961
07-05-2019, 08:50 PM
Show off!:thumbsup:bloody brilliant, more pleeeeez

Mr Gazza
07-05-2019, 08:54 PM
.....for the record mate, the yellow one was adie's, the one that runs "economically ", ie on one cylinder:spin::spin:
Brilliant photographs mate:thumbsup:,love the subtle bin shot btw!

Sorry Adie! Never was much good at paying attention..

Good way to post pictures up BRD.. :thumbsup:

Luddite
07-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Wow! What fantastic images!

I'm sure Sir Clough Williams-Ellis would approve of all that Bologna metal in his Italianate village. Don't they look at home there? It actually looks more like a Ducati press launch than a club meet.

You'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing photos for the calendar! :ukm:

:hail: Kudos to all concerned for arranging such a resounding success at such short notice.

slob
07-05-2019, 09:58 PM
I've moved all the photos to their own thread in an attempt to create some sort of order
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=57395

utopia
08-05-2019, 11:55 AM
...... apart from abandoning Jeff when we left on Sunday morning I quite enjoyed being tail gunner for the day !

Absolutely not the slightest jot of a worry, mate.

I actually enjoyed the buzz of leaping into action, grabbing the satnav and tracking you all down.
And anyway, you would have already clocked that everyone was there and ready to go, so you were watching for moving bikes with bodies on them, not scanning the parking area for riderless ones.
It was my fault really as I should have spoken to you before dashing off to the shower, but I didn't because I was trying to hurry.
Shame I hadn't already put my helmet on though.

For those that weren't there .. a pigeon in the tree above shat on my head just as we had finished lining up the bikes for a photo before setting off on the Portmerion trip.
Actually, the main payload hit the tarmac at my feet, but three pieces of stray shot peppered my left leg .... and one further stray hit my hair.
Rob reckoned he couldn't see it "cos it was hair coloured".
I was pleased with that as pigeon **** still has some brown in it, as well as the white and grey.
It certainly wasn't hair scented though.
But they say its lucky.
Within seconds I was back in the bathroom, head under the shower (while in full leathers), a quick towel dry and back out front in short.ish order.
There was hardly a Ducati in sight and none in earshot .. but at least my bike was still there, else I would've been properly snookered.
"No problem" quoth I, there can't be many ways to Portmerion and I have satnav technology on my side and carbon fibre speediness to my wheels (ok I made the "wheels" bit up for the sake of the yarn).
Anyway .. back to room, get satnav.
The first glint of luck came soon enough, when I learned (read .. I forgot but was reminded) that The Ponderosa was the first destination, then on to Portmerion.
Anyway .. back to reception, get postcode for Ponderosa.
Luckily it was only a handful of miles away (really .. no pun intended .. but there it is).
I was there before everyone had bought their coffee, and I think I managed not to spring the average speed camera trap en route.

In the carpark at the Ponderosa, was an old guy (listen to me, these days) with a van and this gorgeous two stroke Kawasaki.
Apparently he still held the lap record around the Isle of Man for a bike of its class.
Twin cylinder, aircooled, with massively bigger square barrel finning, 350cc, disc valves and sideways facing carbs, Ceriani forks, spoked wheels with four leading shoe front brake (he scorned at my "Fontana" enquiry .. it was Italian but I didn't catch the name) and two leading shoes at the back. Both alloy rims bore proper old school racing triangulars.
The oversize, TT tank was painted in maroon and bore the old kawasaki winged logo that they used to use on their first, heavily brit twin inspired forays into motorcycle design. I'd say it was of late 60s vintage.
It probably made similar power to my M750, but over a razor-blade thin power band, and weighed rather less than "not very much at all".
I considered myself lucky to have seen that.
Does anyone have a pic ?

contd ...

utopia
08-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Preparing to set off again from the Ponderosa, I thumbed Stella's starter button but got no response.
Well, it had been about a year since the last time the solenoid connection had worked loose and I suppose it was about time.
A quick bump in the carpark and (luckily) she fired up at the first attempt .. and I poked the connector back fully home with a stick next time we stopped.

But the real luck was lurking out of sight all weekend.
This was something of a test run for the new exhaust and I suspected that it may cause the motor to run a bit lean.
I usually get around 150 miles before the light comes on, so for the return journey back home on monday I decided to run it down to the light before refuelling.
The trip meter was showing high 160s when I pulled onto the drive .. and no fuel light.
After washing the bike, I nipped out for a run around my fave local backroads, to dry the brake pads and to see when the fuel light finally did come on.
I got carried away and the trip reached nearly 180 miles when I decided I'd best head back home to investigate further, arriving back with 193 miles indicated and still no orange light.
Yep, you've probably guessed .. the fuel light wasn't working.
My own fault .. I'd had the tank on and off a few times recently and had failed to reconnect the gauge the last time.
Tank had about an eggcup-full left in it and calculations suggested that, at previous fuel consumption rates, a brimmed tank should do 190 miles to bone dry ... and I hadn't quite brimmed it.
So my weekender ended with me being extremely lucky not to have to push to the nearest garage ... which was miles away at a place that isn't called Houghton on the Hill for nothing.

I wonder how long this luck thing will continue.

ps. The above was written yesterday, before I heard the news about Buzzbomb.
It now seems kinda inappropriate to be posting a humourous story about good luck and so I held back.
But Geoff wouldn't have wanted that, I'm sure.
And anyway, we were all lucky to have known him and shared his company.

slob
08-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Dave Thomas’ 1966 A1R, first Kawasaki to win a race in the UK

Luddite
08-05-2019, 01:45 PM
In the carpark at the Ponderosa, was an old guy (listen to me, these days) with a van and this gorgeous two stroke Kawasaki.
Apparently he still held the lap record around the Isle of Man for a bike of its class.
Twin cylinder, aircooled, with massively bigger square barrel finning, 350cc, disc valves and sideways facing carbs, Ceriani forks, spoked wheels with four leading shoe front brake (he scorned at my "Fontana" enquiry .. it was Italian but I didn't catch the name) and two leading shoes at the back. Both alloy rims bore proper old school racing triangulars.
The oversize, TT tank was painted in maroon and bore the old kawasaki winged logo that they used to use on their first, heavily brit twin inspired forays into motorcycle design...

...Does anyone have a pic ?

Love those old two strokes!

It sounds like an A7R - did it look like this?

https://i.postimg.cc/5237NYQz/8965021.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/bJ9YJR8P/kawa-A7R.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Quite a rare beast.

slob
08-05-2019, 02:05 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showpost.php?p=564622&postcount=8