PDA

View Full Version : April Breakfast

Mr Gazza
07-04-2019, 08:27 PM
This month we will going out of the County again, but we seem to be more an East Anglian section these days anyway.

The plan is to meet at 9.30am at Arbuckle's American Diner on the A10 at Downham Market.. A brief stop for coffee and then head off for Ramsey in Cambridgeshire, via Nordelph and Wimblington. Approximately a 30 mile run.

We should be there for around 10.30am for those coming from the other way to meet us.

I am told a full English is available at Ramsey.

Unfortunately the WX is not promising but early days yet.

https://motoplaces.co.uk/event/ramsey-classic-meet-all-bikes-welcome/2019-04-14/

Mr Gazza
07-04-2019, 10:31 PM
Oops! Perhaps I should have mentioned the date.... It's next Sunday, The 14th.

Kingfisher88
12-04-2019, 09:19 PM
Not sure I'll make this one. Promised I'd take Rachael and the dog out in Sunday. Still trying to wriggle out of it but it's not working.

Grumpy
12-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Richard , who came with me to the last breakfast, and I will meet you guys at Arbuckles.
We are meeting up in Ely at the services on the Witchford /A10 roundabout for 9am, then popping up the A10 to Downham Market.

Mr Gazza
13-04-2019, 05:07 PM
Sorry to say I will be meeting you at Arbuckle's in the car and then scooting off home.
I've aggravated an old shoulder injury and it's just too cold to ride out... I've already apologised to my lovely Monster sitting there all serviced up, shiny and looking doe eyed, begging for a ride! But I will save it for a warmer day as I don't want to end up with the screws!

Looking forward to a brief catch up.

Mr Gazza
14-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Thought I had done the wrong thing in the bright sunshine and the car thermometer nudging 7 degrees shortly after setting off, but that was the highest I saw and the wind was bitter outside the Café! The mercury went down to 3 degrees on the way home and spat hail at me too... Not feeling up to that sort of treatment at the moment.

Lovely to see Mr and Mrs Dacs, plus Grumpy and Richard, who decided to breakfast at Arbuckle's since nobody else was continuing to Ramsey.
Excellent banter as always. Thanks to Dacs for treating us all to coffee and a very happy Birthday to you dear boy.. :booze::banana:

Grumpy
14-04-2019, 07:45 PM
As always, great to catch up with everyone.
Good banter, Gazza producing a gavel and board from is pocket was brilliant!
The ride to Ramsey was brisk and hail free :spin:
Richard and I arrived to the meet as the event began to slow down, in saying that, we had an interesting chat with a chap riding a Honda cx 500 turbo, plus the Goldwing and side car with a great saint Bernard as a passenger was different!

Thanks for buying the drinks dacs in Arbuckles, I hope the rest of your birthday was enjoyable.

utopia
15-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Sorry I didn't make it.
The bad back that I've been nursing lately took a bit of a downturn and I daren't risk aggravating it.

Belated happy birthday to Dacs.

dacs
15-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Utopia, thanks for the birthday wishes and I hope your back problem is resolved as soon as possible. Sunday morning was most enjoyable, especially Gazza getting his gavel out in public.

Mr Gazza
15-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Jeff, I sent my apologies for absence on to Ramsey in case you made it, but it seems we both have the same affliction. What a pair of old crocks we are.. get well soon mate.

I appreciate that you chaps didn't know this time round, but for future reference, when the gavel comes out I should be addressed only as The Grand Worshipful Master of The Norfolk Lodge.

utopia
15-04-2019, 05:57 PM
Yes, what a pair of old crocks, indeed.
And the bike was ready to roll, complete with new exhaust too.
I fancied the run out to test it, as well as for the chance to hook up with you lot again.
On the brighter side though, a short test run has made me suspect that its running a tad lean now, so at least I get the chance to investigate that a little further before running it very far.

Sorry I didn't post up in advance but I was intending to go right up until the previous afternoon, but then the back took a twinge again.

Grumpy
15-04-2019, 09:08 PM
I appreciate that you chaps didn't know this time round, but for future reference, when the gavel comes out I should be addressed only as The Grand Worshipful Master of The Norfolk Lodge.

Not the first thought I had when the gavel came out! :mand: