PDA

View Full Version : TWO! Breakfasts in March!?

Mr Gazza
27-02-2019, 07:41 PM
Unfortunately I can't make it on the second Sunday in March, which is a shame as Grumpy has found an excellent venue at Ramsey, Cambs.
We also had Dannii's Diner pencilled in for March and decided to simply do both!

So Meet Grumpy for breakfast at
The Jolly Sailor Pub, Ramsey, Cambs, PE26 1HH. 11am, Sunday 10th March.

Dannii's Diner, Brandon, Suffolk, IP27 0DB. 10am, Sunday 17th March.
Expect to meet some local Norton owners at this meet.

https://i.postimg.cc/SxjBPLqB/ramsey.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Grumpy
27-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Unfortunately I can't make it on the second Sunday in March, which is a shame as Grumpy has found an excellent venue at Ramsey, Cambs.

So Meet Grumpy for breakfast at:

The Jolly Sailor Pub, Ramsey, Cambs, PE26 1HH. 11am, Sunday 10th March
https://i.postimg.cc/SxjBPLqB/ramsey.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

If the weather keeps up, there should be a good turn out.
The pubs known for its grub, so breakfast should be good.

Kingfisher88
28-02-2019, 12:41 PM
I might try to make both, if not possible just Danny's diner. Although the thought of 2 trips to pubs for breaky sounds rather tempting..

Darkness
28-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Only two?

I’m counting on at least thirty one!

Kingfisher88
07-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Pretty sure I won't make the classic bike meet, but I will make the diner one way or another.

Mr Gazza
07-03-2019, 06:12 PM
It'll be good to see you again as always Nathan.
Thanks for posting on here too.. You have reminded me that I haven't sent a mail out yet, for these dates!

Kingfisher88
09-03-2019, 08:30 PM
Will be good to see you lot too, a friend of mine may come along for a ride out too. He's not a monster convert yet but I'm working on it :)

Grumpy
09-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Pretty sure I won't make the classic bike meet, but I will make the diner one way or another.

Shame you can't make this. I'm hearing through the grapevine two local bike meets are attending plus the BSA owners, should be a fun meet.

Mr Gazza
10-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Oh dear! Raining cats and dogs here this morning.
Hope you're having better weather in Cambs Grumpy... Good luck and plenty of pictures please.. :mand:

Grumpy
10-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Oh dear! Raining cats and dogs here this morning.
Hope you're having better weather in Cambs Grumpy... Good luck and plenty of pictures please.. :mand:

Cambridgeshire was wetter than a wet place in a storm!!!
The rain finally lifted after 1pm!

The landlord is hopefully holding a bike meet every month, will update when more info is available :D:D

Mr Gazza
11-03-2019, 07:17 PM
My sympathies to you Grumpy, and to the organisers at the Jolly Sailors.
It certainly was a foul day, I'm glad all my activities were indoors.

Keep us up to date with meets there. It's a nice 70 mile run for me, using no trunk roads.

Hopefully see you next weekend, although it will be a miracle if I get the bike ready!

Grumpy
11-03-2019, 08:41 PM
My sympathies to you Grumpy, and to the organisers at the Jolly Sailors.
It certainly was a foul day, I'm glad all my activities were indoors.

Keep us up to date with meets there. It's a nice 70 mile run for me, using no trunk roads.

Hopefully see you next weekend, although it will be a miracle if I get the bike ready!

The grapevine is telling me 50 bikers turned up, 90% of them in cars!! :chuckle:
Once I know more about the meetings dates will let you know.
I'm planning to come along next weekend.
There is an exhibition of photography by Olive Edis in Thetford which I plan to pop along to afterwards.
Olive Edis was the first accredited female 1ww photographer.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/olive-edis-exhibition-at-ancient-house-museum-of-thetford-life-1-5809369

You and anyone else interested are welcome to join me.:mand:

Mr Gazza
12-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Sounds very interesting and well worth a look if I have time. I think at least a couple of the Norton owners would be up for that.

I didn't know they circulated the Swede Bashers Gazette into outer Cambridgeshire?

Grumpy
12-03-2019, 08:27 PM
I didn't know they circulated the Swede Bashers Gazette into outer Cambridgeshire?

Don't worry, I've been inoculated, so it's safe for me to read, also my visa has been approved for travelling in Norfolk! :thumbsup::thumbsup::running:

Mr Gazza
12-03-2019, 10:20 PM
:chuckle: Beware of radical flat earthers and dog headed men!!..

Mr Gazza
16-03-2019, 04:42 PM
Well hey ho, I didn't manage to get my Monster back together in time for tomorrow's meet, but it looks like the weather will be smeg any way.

Good luck if you're coming on two wheels... See you there.. :mand:

Kingfisher88
16-03-2019, 06:16 PM
I'll be on 2 wheels if I can get it out of the shed without falling over in the mud...
Oh and I'll remember to get cash out this time :)

Grumpy
17-03-2019, 06:26 AM
Glorious sunshine in Peterborough!
See you guys in Brandon for breakfast, with a a mate in tow!

Mr Gazza
17-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Great to see Grumpy and Kingfisher again. Also hats off to Richard for riding all the way from Royston.
Smashing company and banter as usual, free coffees all round again.. Very nice venue!

Interesting waiting outside in the hail for a break good enough for the bikes to set off!
Hope all you guys had a bearable ride home. I went through rain, hail and wet snow with hail in it, but apart from that it was rough!

See you next time... Ramsey is on the cards again.

Kingfisher88
17-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Great to see all you guys too. Had a small hail shower on the way back but other than that it was all ok. Went through thetford to find the museum just to see if it was closed and it was. Fairly easy to find. Ramsey sounds good to me :)
Tried hinting about buying the monster to Mrs k when I got home.. didn't go down well. Still racking my brain for a way to raise the cash haha :)

Grumpy
17-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Good breakfast with great company!
The free coffee is a bonus👍
Made my way home via Downham Market then across the fens, haven't ridden a bike at 45 degs in some time!!!
Me journey consisted of sunshine, rain, hail and lots of wind!!!
Ramsey sounds like a plan, I will check which weekend next month the pub is holding their breakfast morning.
Mr K, have a look at the bay, some nice Honda Dominators for sale😁

Goldstar
22-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Good breakfast with great company!
The free coffee is a bonus👍
Made my way home via Downham Market then across the fens, haven't ridden a bike at 45 degs in some time!!!
Me journey consisted of sunshine, rain, hail and lots of wind!!!
Ramsey sounds like a plan, I will check which weekend next month the pub is holding their breakfast morning.
Mr K, have a look at the bay, some nice Honda Dominators for sale😁

Next Ramsey Classic Bike meet on 14 April....

https://motoplaces.co.uk/event/ramsey-classic-meet-all-bikes-welcome/2019-04-14/

Mr Gazza
22-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Well there you go. Thanks for the heads up Goldstar.

Anyone up for a meet up at Arbuckle's at Downham Market for a ride on to Ramsey for breakfast?

Say 9.30am?

Grumpy
22-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Well there you go. Thanks for the heads up Goldstar.

Anyone up for a meet up at Arbuckle's at Downham Market for a ride on to Ramsey for breakfast?

Say 9.30am?

Even though I will ride past Ramsey, I'm game!

utopia
23-03-2019, 01:03 PM
At the moment its looking moderately likely that the bike will be ready for the road by then.
If it passes muster on a short test run or two then I'll try to get over for this meet.
Though I would probably meet you at Ramsey rather than Downham Market .. depending on how early I set off.
No promises .. it depends on whether the new exhaust dictates the need for rejetting .. but its penciled in on my calendar and looking hopeful at present.

dacs
23-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Count me in - the link suggests that there will be bacon rolls available at Ramsey, so two breakfasts in one day are possible here. As I missed both breakfasts in March I think I'm entitled.

Mr Gazza
23-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Good response.. Looking forward to seeing you chaps again.

I was thinking just a meet up at Arbuckle's, using it as a landmark and potential refuelling point. aiming to get to Ramsey for about ten for breakfast, I reckon it's about half an hour's ride from Downham Market?
By all means have a breakfast at Arbuckle's dacs, but we might have to re-think the timings.
Somewhat confusingly the link to the meet says KO 11am, which I take to mean kick off? Then it also says event from 8am to 5pm.

Maybe we could have breakfast at Arbuckle's and cruise over to Ramsey a bit later... Whatever rocks?.. Suggestions welcome.

Mr Gazza
30-03-2019, 02:33 PM
So any preferences as to how to play this?

We could meet at 10 at Arbuckles' and have breakfast at Ramsey.
Or meet at say, 9.30 at Arbuckle's for breakfast and ride on to Ramsey.
Or any combination of the above, or something else.

I'll post something up when we have a plan.

Grumpy
30-03-2019, 09:00 PM
So any preferences as to how to play this?

We could meet at 10 at Arbuckles' and have breakfast at Ramsey.
Or meet at say, 9.30 at Arbuckle's for breakfast and ride on to Ramsey.
Or any combination of the above, or something else.

I'll post something up when we have a plan.

Why not meet for 9.30 at Arbuckles, have a brew, then head for the meet. A full English is available from the pub!👍😁

Mr Gazza
31-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Yeah. Not sure why I had to go and confuse things... Not like I'm a politician or anything!

If everyone's happy that's the plan.. :thumbsup:

dacs
31-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Good for me