PDA

View Full Version : M750 '98 fuel sender unit repair.

larsen
06-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Nearing completion of my rebuild and find out my in tank fuel sender unit is faulty, after pricing one up, over £100, I'm keen to try and repair mine if possible. Does anyone have any experience of doing this and/or does anyone have a reasonably priced used one for sale? Thanks in advance for any help.

Ezio
07-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Nearing completion of my rebuild and find out my in tank fuel sender unit is faulty, after pricing one up, over £100, I'm keen to try and repair mine if possible. Does anyone have any experience of doing this and/or does anyone have a reasonably priced used one for sale? Thanks in advance for any help.

I had the same dilemma with my '95 M900 (my 996 also uses the same sender). Unfortunately a really common fault. This thread may shed some light:
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=46438.0

I ended up stumping up for a new one, Stein Dinse sourced I think...

jerry
11-02-2019, 03:11 AM
They are very flakey ,, over the years i have opened a few to fix ,, usually futile or short term and replaced a few ,, rip off price for what they are

larsen
12-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the responses, looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, gambling on a, rather expensive, used one does not look like a good idea now.

Darren69
13-02-2019, 07:33 PM
I thought tha ca cycleworks did one cheaper but I checked website and it looks like they just do the better nuts. I know they are expensive and I will most likely regret saying that mine is OK, from an 02 bike but I doubt it could be I don't know exactly as bike was restored in somewhat in 08 before I bought it 😳