PDA

View Full Version : February Breakfast meet

Mr Gazza
03-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Thanks to Grumpy we decided on this venue about a month ago.
The Old Boathouse Café, Old Hunstanton. 50 Sea Ln, Hunstanton PE36 6JN.

10am on the 10th February.

As a contingency in case the Café is not yet open for the season (I think it opens on the 9th?) Then we could go to The Lighthouse Café further up the hill near the ..er Lighthouse, also in Old Hunstanton.

I don't think you'll be getting the bike out Nathan. Bring the pup for a run on the beach instead.. :mand:

Grumpy
03-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Look forward to a full English!

Kingfisher88
03-02-2019, 09:31 PM
I dunno I might get the bike out :) was out last weekend on it. Could bring the pup if I come on 4 wheels.

Mr Gazza
09-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Far too windy, rainy and coldy for sitting on a Monster tomorrow.
I will see you in something with a heater... :mand:

Grumpy
09-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Far too windy, rainy and coldy for sitting on a Monster tomorrow.
I will see you in something with a heater... :mand:

I'll be in the company vehicle!

Kingfisher88
10-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Sames here

Kingfisher88
10-02-2019, 07:46 AM
Actually guys, it looks like I'm not gonna make it. Sorry. Will see you at the next one.

Mr Gazza
10-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Well it was very nearly too wet for a car!!
We managed to all meet up at the same time outside the closed Café, but as luck would have it, the RNLI were open and we inspected the RNLI hovercraft in it's shed opposite the Café (appropriate really in the weather!).
A very good friend of mine who built various hovercraft, was instrumental in persuading the RNLI to get a hovercraft for the Washes, as it is the only vehicle that will traverse the Washes at all states of the tide.
He made a great effort to get his hovercraft club to join in with the search for a missing lad out there somewhere.. ... Sadly the lad didn't make it. But the hovercraft club's search was pivotal in the RNLI's decision to obtain one... Fantastic chap, but very clumsy, we called him Dangerous Roy. :chuckle:

We went for plan "B". Grumpy, Dacs and myself had a fine breakfast at The Lighthouse Café. Banter was excellent as always and as usual seemed to gravitate to matters of aviation?

Next meet was discussed and it might be in Cambridgeshire, at a classic bike meet in Ramsey just South East of Peterborough. (Details to follow) Or the other option is Dannii's Diner at Brandon... Watch this space.