PDA

View Full Version : Kryptonite locks

Luddite
14-11-2018, 04:46 PM
I'll sound like a grumpy old git here, but don't you find customer service seems to be an alien concept with a lot of firms these days?

That's why I think it's always good to report when a company looks after its customers.

I've mentioned previously about the excellent service offered by Evotech and I'd like to do the same for Kryptonite locks.

I first bought one of their locks about 20 years ago and was very pleased with its sturdy construction and build quality. However, it had a tubular cylinder lock and, I don't know if you'll remember, but there was a bit of a controversy around 2004 about how this style of lock could be easily picked using a Bic biro. Anyway, Kryptonite took this on board and replaced all such locks free of charge including mine, (which must have cost them a fortune).

Three years after that, I broke the plastic lock guard and emailed the company in the States to ask about a replacement. They sent me one free of charge.

Fast forward to last week and the lock cover broke again. I wasn't too hopeful about finding a replacement as I don't think this model is made anymore. But, on the off chance, I emailed them and was pleased and surprised to be told they would send me one, again, free of charge. And, just five days later, it dropped through the letterbox all the way from the States.

So, a whole-hearted recommendation to Kryptonite, not just for the product, but also for after-sales service.

Oh, and perhaps just as importantly, I've never had a bike stolen while using a Kryptonite lock!

boris
14-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Thanks Vince, can't beat a personal recommendation. One to store up on the Memory Shelf. From my own experience my same thoughts and ethos goes out to Almax. Alex there is a legend. :thumbsup:
If you ever have to speak with him put some time aside, he's very vocal. An understanding of Geordie does help, I'm fine seeing as that's my birthplace..