PDA

View Full Version : November breakfast meet. Norfolk.

Mr Gazza
04-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Back nearer to the middle of Norfolk for this Month.

A Piece of Cake. Coltishal. 10am. November 11th. Date changed to the 18th.
Must actually try a piece of cake this time!...

Goldstar
04-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Can't make this one Gary, clashes with Remembrance Parade....

Grumpy
04-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Might be an idea to move the meet by a week. This year is the 100th anniversary of the End of WW1. There are lots of events going on which may preclude folks attending.

Mr Gazza
04-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Okay, no worries I will move it on a week.
Meet now on the 18th.

Kingfisher88
06-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Might be able to make it. I'm at motorcycle live the day before so depends how knackered I am :)

Goldstar
07-11-2018, 07:13 AM
Should be able to make this one.....

uncle duke
07-11-2018, 07:16 AM
Yeh change of date means i should be able to make it too although might be a touch later than 10 ...

Mr Gazza
17-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Looking forward to seeing you chaps tomorrow... Been a while Roger!

Might be a mite bracing, but dry and un-salted.

See you there.

utopia
17-11-2018, 03:50 PM
As is often the case with these more westerly norfolk meetings, I was tempted to come along.
But its an awful long way to go for breakfast in the cold weather (and on previously salted roads) and I've decided to give it a miss.
Tax expired at the end of last month anyway, so its hardly worth re-taxing at the moment .. when the salt will soon be liberally chucked around.
And anyway, in this weather and with the FCRs still not fitted, the motor would probably cough and splutter all the way there due to iced carbs.
And I have no car option.
So those are my excuses.
Shame though. Its been a while and it would have been good to catch up. Not to mention a bit of Norton chat, Gary.
Sorry.
I'll look forward to seeing y'all in the spring.

uncle duke
17-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Yeh ...far too long but its looking good for tomorrow & can't waste the good weather. It'll be fun trying not to get lost on the new norwich link road thing (A1270)

Kingfisher88
17-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not gonna make itS it's been a long day today and not had time to get my bike out to sort a few bits I needed to before riding. Was looking forward to it :( will see you.guys in December come rain or shine :)

Mr Gazza
17-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not gonna make it..

Aw sorry Nathan, that's a real shame, as I so enjoy your performances of baffle juggling and bike vaulting.. :chuckle: It must take so much practice to perfect those hilarious routines... :D
See you in December mate.

Jeff; totally understand, it would be a long cold ride from Utopia Towers.
Maybe you might be able to make it to the Solstice meet? With a bit of negotiation you might only have to ride as far as Peterborough or Wisbekistan?
That is if the meet happens. I have been underwhelmed so far.

Mr Gazza
18-11-2018, 02:14 PM
It was an agreeable ride in this morning, although the roads were wringing wet in places , from the dew, the Sun was low too, but I waited for the cold to migrate into my fingers and toes and it didn't happen... Surprised at how mild it was.

What a wonderful warm and jovial meeting we had with 8 round the table.. Great to see you all. :biggrin:

There was a small drama when we were getting ready to depart. A couple on a large, tall Honda (not with us) toppled over instead of pulling off. They went down with a huge crash and both lay on the pavement. We all rushed to assist and soon got the bike and riders upright. No injuries evident but a little superficial damage to the immaculate bike.
I think we managed to minimize the embarrassment factor on a " There but for the grace of God" sort of basis, but I think I prefer Kingfishers type of entertainment much more.. :biggrin:

I received some positive feedback for a Solstice meal, so I may move forward with this idea... Watch this space.

uncle duke
18-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Really enjoyable meet up today & fantastic weather so good in fact i took the windy roads home .The Solstice meal sounds good but with December being the busiest time of year for us Royal Mail types its all a bit date & work dependent . Glad i made it today & good to meet up again with everyone.

Kingfisher88
20-11-2018, 09:41 AM
Glad it was a good meet, sorry I missed it. Looking forward to December meet/meal, should be getting a little better at getting on and off by then...