PDA

View Full Version : The Wait is over ~2019 weekender

Moco1961
29-10-2018, 10:23 PM
WEEKENDER RE-BOOT................................ DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES WE HAVE HAD A CHANGE OF DATE AND VENUE.

FOLKS, we are now hosting the Weekender at the Rossett Hall Hotel, details of the booking offer are replicated below from the mail I received from the hotel as follows:

May 3rd 2019 for 3 nights based on 20 bedrooms.

• Double Occupancy Rooms £99.00 per night
• Single Occupancy Rooms £89.00 per night

This rate includes the following:

Friday and Sunday a 2 course buffet dinner;

Saturday a 3 course dinner with coffee (pre-order would be required);

Complimentary private dinning room with bar on all nights for the evening meals;

Full Breakfast on all morning served in the Oscars Restaurant between 7am and 10am.

I can provisional hold the space for you till this time next week should you require. Please do contact me if you have any questions or if I can hold the space.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Helen
Reception

T - 01244 571000
F - 0871 522 6602
E - reservations@rossetthallhotel.co.uk

Grumpy
29-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Great work guys.
I'm coming up on the Saturday through to monday.
Fits nicely with catching the steam packet to the IOM for monday.

Moco1961
29-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Nice one Grumpy, look forward to meeting you .:thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
29-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Yay! That's a smashing looking package. Well done to all you Up North boys. I know you've been working hard on this behind the curtains.

Just let me know how to make my donation and get the fund going.

Moco1961
29-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Thanks Gary, advice and encouragement very much appreciated mate :thumbsup:

chris yeatman
30-10-2018, 09:44 AM
Are there any campsites nearby?

Char
30-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Booked !

Small number plate, loud pipe and dark visor to annoy the local plod

Cant wait :dizzy::ukm::flamed:

Char
30-10-2018, 09:51 AM

try a search in google :dizzy:

https://www.pitchup.com/tents/Wales/North-Wales/Denbighshire/Llangollen/

chris yeatman
30-10-2018, 10:02 AM
thanks Char

J.P
30-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Great bit of the country for biking and I'm sure it will be very good as always

Moco1961
30-10-2018, 12:11 PM

Hi Chris, the answer is yes, sadly I can't give a recommend as I have never camped in the area, as Char suggests take a look on "tinternet"......trip advisor has a good selection I notice but beware of poor facilities !!

Moco1961
30-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Booked !

Small number plate, loud pipe and dark visor to annoy the local plod

Cant wait :dizzy::ukm::flamed:

Great news that you are booked, I was thinking of introducing a game at the weekender ride outs.....".spot the dummy"....... We have noticed a trend in the smaller villages in North Wales, mannequin plods.....very annoying when first spotted lurking by a tree or wall as you polish off a few mph......then hilarious when you get to see the quality up close.:chuckle::chuckle:

Moco1961
30-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Great bit of the country for biking and I'm sure it will be very good as always

Fingers crossed J.P., may need some of that great weather you have down there although the later date hopefully gives us a chance.:chuckle:

bigredduke
30-10-2018, 03:03 PM
I know I can be a bit thick! Is that £300 per person or per room?

BigOz
30-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Thanks to those that have been working on this, I'm booked and looking forward to it.

ChrisC2925
30-10-2018, 04:09 PM
I know I can be a bit thick! Is that £300 per person or per room?

£300 per room for 3 nights B&B for 2 sharing

bigredduke
30-10-2018, 05:34 PM
£300 per room for 3 nights B&B for 2 sharing
Thank you!

Stinger101
30-10-2018, 05:47 PM
Booked ourselves all 3 nights on this one. All the VIP & Luxury rooms gone, Then all the river view rooms are already gone. She assured me the broom cupboard is one of the best I've ever squeezed into!!

Liz
30-10-2018, 06:18 PM
I’ve just been told there’s only rooms left for Friday and Sunday nights, they’re hopefully ringing me back tomorrow!

chris yeatman
30-10-2018, 07:18 PM
I’ve just been told there’s only rooms left for Friday and Sunday nights, they’re hopefully ringing me back tomorrow!

Thats helpful.... lol

Moco1961
30-10-2018, 07:43 PM

Hi Liz,

Thanks for highlighting the potential problem here, I have just spoken to the hotel, the girl you spoke to is abbey, she is completely unfamiliar with the booking we have. Anna and Sarah are dealing with us.( tbf I am surprised she wasn't given the heads up ),she has gone through the confirmed bookings so far and 9 rooms are now taken.....which means 10 are still available. I am sure you will get sorted tomorrow, i am assuming from your post you are wanting all three nights ?

I have for a spreadsheet to be sent and I will post as soon as I receive it.:thumbsup:

Moco1961
30-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Booked ourselves all 3 nights on this one. All the VIP & Luxury rooms gone, Then all the river view rooms are already gone. She assured me the broom cupboard is one of the best I've ever squeezed into!!

Tbh I am blown away by the reaction to this, the post is not 24 hrs old yet!, Llangollen has a bike fest that takes place in September, Sarah told me that some famous bloke and his family stayed this year, came from up Preston way....long story short it was John mcguiness!......I will ask if they were in the broom cupboard , if it was good enough for him?.????:chuckle:

alan c
30-10-2018, 09:02 PM
Great work Mike and the Up North team :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to it already, Hotel and area looks great

White water rafting anybody ?

Stevedesmo
30-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Tbh I am blown away by the reaction to this, the post is not 24 hrs old yet!, Llangollen has a bike fest that takes place in September, Sarah told me that some famous bloke and his family stayed this year, came from up Preston way....long story short it was John mcguiness!......I will ask if they were in the broom cupboard , if it was good enough for him?.????:chuckle:

Do you remember she also said there was a small Italian bloke who was at the show and stayed in the hotel, but she couldn’t recall his name

“Agostini by any chance?” says I........”that’s him” she said, “he gave me a signed photo of himself, but hes a bit on the short side for me”!:shocked:

Stevedesmo
30-10-2018, 09:39 PM
We’ll add a few links to places nearby, here’s a start
Just a short walk from the hotel is the town centre, with a number of eating and drinking places as well as niche shops and other things to do
This is (imho) one of the best, and I’m sure we can drop in at some point
http://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/cornmill/homepage/
Great beers and food, and lovely views!

Liz
30-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Hi Liz,

Thanks for highlighting the potential problem here, I have just spoken to the hotel, the girl you spoke to is abbey, she is completely unfamiliar with the booking we have. Anna and Sarah are dealing with us.( tbf I am surprised she wasn't given the heads up ),she has gone through the confirmed bookings so far and 9 rooms are now taken.....which means 10 are still available. I am sure you will get sorted tomorrow, i am assuming from your post you are wanting all three nights ?

I have for a spreadsheet to be sent and I will post as soon as I receive it.:thumbsup:

Thanks for contacting them, they’ve rung me back and we’re sorted for all 3 nights :thumbsup::biggrin:

chris yeatman
30-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Would anyone be interested in a room share?

Doggy
30-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Would anyone be interested in a room share?

Yes, could be . Need to check the dates out first when the mrs returns from work tomorrow .

Moco1961
31-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Thanks for contacting them, they’ve rung me back and we’re sorted for all 3 nights :thumbsup::biggrin:

Brilliant, I am glad you are sorted:thumbsup:

Moco1961
31-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Just let me know how to make my donation and get the fund going.

Hi Gary, so lets give it a go mate via paypal, you know the score more than anyone, my account is "moco61@btinternet.com"
Use Family and friends and use your forum name.......I know I am teaching you to suck eggs here :chuckle:

BigOz
31-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Hi Gary, so lets give it a go mate via paypal, you know the score more than anyone, my account is "moco61@btinternet.com"
Use Family and friends and use your forum name.......I know I am teaching you to suck eggs here :chuckle:

Just sent £10 via paypal

Moco1961
31-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Hi Andy, received with many thanks.....the system works and is up and running:thumbsup:

Stinger101
31-10-2018, 04:53 PM
£10 sent by Paypal.

Char
31-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Great work Mike and the Up North team :thumbsup:

White water rafting anybody ?

If it's a successful as the zip wire you're onto another winner :chuckle:

Its all about location location location

Back in the day when i were a lad you had to post your entry forms (using stamps no less) to Albie to be in with a sniff of getting a sleeping bag in a corner of the walk in refrigerator

UKMOC weekenders are just THE best - this will be my 9th :booze:

Moco1961
31-10-2018, 05:29 PM
£10 sent by Paypal.

Thank you Sir ! Gratefully received................and you too Mr Gazza (:gay:....I did'nt know you cared !!:chuckle:)

Mr Gazza
31-10-2018, 05:33 PM
I know I am teaching you to suck eggs here :chuckle:

I've no idea how to suck eggs, I just make it up as I go along.. :banana:

Thanks for the info, I've put something in the pot.

Quick question, as if you're not busy enough!.. Are all the meals available to non-residents? Do they need booking in advance? and is the roast hog a vegetarian?

Great response so far... Share the Love.. :mand:

chris yeatman
31-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Yes, could be . Need to check the dates out first when the mrs returns from work tomorrow .

Great, please let me know, then I will organise a twin room.

rollo22
31-10-2018, 06:59 PM
Donation Sent for Jo and myself.

Moco1961
31-10-2018, 07:21 PM
....... Are all the meals available to non-residents? Do they need booking in advance? and is the roast hog a vegetarian?

Hey hey, good questions that man.....so yes meals are available to non residents, in fact I have nominally suggested to Sarah there will be 40 dining on the Saturday night. We have full use of the function room for the whole weekend which has its own bar! Without giving too much away we have an after dinner guest lined up so it would be good if we all ate there Saturday.

The meal menu will be circulated nearer the time as we will have to pre-order to at least give the chef the heads up what's coming....:mand:

I am no expert but I think most hogs are vegetarian!!......... Please bear in mind this is an option at the moment, the hotel outsource this option and there is a fixed price, if we don't have numbers to make it work we could all be off into town.....Steve will be posting more info regarding what's available in Llangollen, I have the impression a curry would be well received .

Finally, boil them and let cool first......messy otherwise..:mand:

Moco1961
31-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Donation Sent for Jo and myself.

Cheers for that Duncan, gratefully received :biggrin:

Doggy
31-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Great, please let me know, then I will organise a twin room.

Yes , it's a GO!!. All 3 nights for me as it's a long old run up .
Just need to book the friday off work to travel up .

chris yeatman
31-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Yes , it's a GO!!. All 3 nights for me as it's a long old run up .
Just need to book the friday off work to travel up .

Great, will organise the room. cheers.

Mr Gazza
31-10-2018, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the info Mike. You have things well in hand for these early days.
Well done for getting a speaker. This was discussed, but sadly proved unworkable at The Sharnbrook!

Please bear us Veggies in mind for Sunday's al fresco, there are a few of us.

Let me assure you that pigs are far from vegetarian and will eat pretty much everything, including each other and farmers given half a chance!
Pretty good way of disposing of bodies, if you are given to a bit murder now and then. Not that I've ever done one, but I've thought about it in certain traffic situations!.. :biggrin:

alan c
31-10-2018, 09:16 PM
£10 sent mike, thanks

Moco1961
31-10-2018, 10:03 PM
£10 sent mike, thanks

Cheers Alan, appreciated:thumbsup::thumbsup:

uksurfer
01-11-2018, 08:45 AM
paypal sent from Char & Uksurfer

Looking forward to it!

chris yeatman
01-11-2018, 10:19 AM
called the hotel this morning and got told that all twin rooms have now gone.

Stevedesmo
01-11-2018, 12:07 PM

There are others nearby, you could try one of those as an "overflow" location and use the main venue for the meals and social events? One could be a dormitory and drop in on the White Waters as the main hub?

bigredduke
01-11-2018, 01:40 PM
I booked a twin room yesterday so looking for a room mate.

Applications from nymphomaniac vineyard, brewery or distillery heiresses will be fast-tracked and if successful I may consider moving to a double room.

£10 sent via paypal btw.

Moco1961
01-11-2018, 05:30 PM

Sorry Chris, there was a limited supply of twins, we do have first refusal on two twins if the "other parties" cancel for any reason. If that happens I will make sure you get one although I have spoken to them just now and they tell me you are booked.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Moco1961
01-11-2018, 05:33 PM
paypal sent from Char & Uksurfer

Looking forward to it!

Recieved thanks................ me too and its ages away !!:yoparty:

bigredduke
02-11-2018, 08:42 AM
I booked a twin room yesterday so looking for a room mate.

Applications from nymphomaniac vineyard, brewery or distillery heiresses will be fast-tracked and if successful I may consider moving to a double room.

£10 sent via paypal btw.

Room mate sorted

Char
02-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Room mate sorted

Alexandra Petit-Mentzelopoulos ?

Moco1961
02-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Room mate sorted

..................or James Watt??????

bigredduke
02-11-2018, 03:28 PM

Nah! Way classier than her.

bigredduke
02-11-2018, 06:14 PM

Wrong again. Apart from being the wrong gender I need a relaxed room-mate, not someone who will get all steamed-up about the least little thing.

Although he would be good at putting the kettle on.

Doggy
02-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Room booked. Paypal payment made . Thanks Colin

Moco1961
03-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Room booked. Paypal payment made . Thanks Colin

......and received at this end , thank you, we are up and :running:

singletrack
05-11-2018, 10:39 AM
I have booked, with my daughter.
She passed her test this year and it will probably be her first bike weekend away.
We will both be in the naughty corner, but I am looking forward to seeing all the lovely monsters and their owners.

Char
05-11-2018, 12:44 PM
I have booked, with my daughter.
She passed her test this year and it will probably be her first bike weekend away.
We will both be in the naughty corner, but I am looking forward to seeing all the lovely monsters and their owners.

fantastic Anne - its been too long :spin:

singletrack
05-11-2018, 12:48 PM
fantastic Anne - its been too long :spin:

Looking forward to meeting everyone again Char.

chris yeatman
07-11-2018, 10:49 PM
Totally forgot that I've got to go to a friends wedding on the friday so I won't be at the hotel until very late Friday night.

Moco1961
08-11-2018, 06:29 AM
....the buffet may be long gone Chris but there will still be Peroni in the chillers!!!:chuckle:

chris yeatman
08-11-2018, 09:03 AM
....the buffet may be long gone Chris but there will still be Peroni in the chillers!!!:chuckle:

perfect! :booze:

utopia
08-11-2018, 03:02 PM

Nope, only me.

Yay ... oop north AND in Wales.
Venue looks great, too.
Many thanks to all the organisers ... past and present for that matter.
Tenner paypal'd.

Also, I had a ponder about rideouts .....
Last year we used the drop off system and it seemed to work well.
It does benefit greatly though if the tail guy is highly visible, as we discovered.
To this end, I will be ordering a decent quality, close fitting, stretchy, breathable, high viz vest.
I might even be able to get Rick to print the club logo on it.

Not that I'm volunteering to be tail end Charlie this time.
I did that for every run last time and it does rather spoil the ride .. which is absolutely fine on occasion but not so great when its for every ride.
But I'm happy to take a share.
And the reflective vest (in size med/large) will be available for anyone else to use.

Moco1961
08-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Nope, only me.

Donation gratefully received .....now I am pondering which of big red dukes criteria you fulfil ?:chuckle::chuckle:

bigredduke
09-11-2018, 10:07 PM
Donation gratefully received .....now I am pondering which of big red dukes criteria you fulfil ?:chuckle::chuckle:

It was the mention of a close fitting, stretchy, breathable, high viz vest that clinched it for me.

bigredduke
09-11-2018, 10:33 PM
And also stating "I don't mind being tail-end Charlie but not on every ride"

As it says in the Bible -" it is better to give than receive."

Looking forward to May Jeff.

ChrisC2925
11-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Nope, only me.

Yay ... oop north AND in Wales.
Venue looks great, too.
Many thanks to all the organisers ... past and present for that matter.
Tenner paypal'd.

Also, I had a ponder about rideouts .....
Last year we used the drop off system and it seemed to work well.
It does benefit greatly though if the tail guy is highly visible, as we discovered.
To this end, I will be ordering a decent quality, close fitting, stretchy, breathable, high viz vest.
I might even be able to get Rick to print the club logo on it.

Not that I'm volunteering to be tail end Charlie this time.
I did that for every run last time and it does rather spoil the ride .. which is absolutely fine on occasion but not so great when its for every ride.
But I'm happy to take a share.
And the reflective vest (in size med/large) will be available for anyone else to use.

I've got a bright orange hi viz so don't mind being the rear gunner on one of the runs

utopia
11-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Nice one, Chris.
Its actually quite a pleasant job in many ways ... just a bit of a drag when its on every run.

Last year I borrowed an orange hi viz vest, but that one was really only intended for pedestrian use and as a consequence, the front fastening constantly came undone in the wind blast when riding.
After much fumbling, I eventually resorted to tying the front together, but it still caught the wind badly.
Also, being made of "solid" material, it got rather hot wearing it in the sun.
Hence the plan for a stretchy, close fitting, breathable one.
I'll still go ahead and get one because it will probably come in handy on other rides in the future.
Dunno whether yours is as described above, Chris, but mine will be there to borrow if needed.

rollo22
11-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Nice one, Chris.
Its actually quite a pleasant job in many ways ... just a bit of a drag when its on every run.

Last year I borrowed an orange hi viz vest, but that one was really only intended for pedestrian use and as a consequence, the front fastening constantly came undone in the wind blast when riding.
After much fumbling, I eventually resorted to tying the front together, but it still caught the wind badly.
Also, being made of "solid" material, it got rather hot wearing it in the sun.
Hence the plan for a stretchy, close fitting, breathable one.
I'll still go ahead and get one because it will probably come in handy on other rides in the future.
Dunno whether yours is as described above, Chris, but mine will be there to borrow if needed.

Jeff Have a look at Oxford Products

utopia
11-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Duncan.
Yes, it will probably be either theirs or the Rev'it Athos Air.
I'll see what I can eyeball at the local emporia and then possibly choose the one which will best take a print of the club logo.
Erring towards the Rev'it at the moment.

Stafford
12-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Thanks, Duncan.
Yes, it will probably be either theirs or the Rev'it Athos Air.
I'll see what I can eyeball at the local emporia and then possibly choose the one which will best take a print of the club logo.
Erring towards the Rev'it at the moment.

I know a man at Oxford Products, if the club and members were interested I suspect I could could get a deal on some club branded ones, similar to the ones the old MOB used to sell and the one I have.

buzzbomb
12-11-2018, 09:55 AM
I've got one of the old MOB high viz vests which could be used...:thumbsup:

It's never been worn, didn't match the colour of my eyes...:o

alan c
13-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Looks like bookings going well, come on guys and girls lets get this booked up asap

:ukm:

Moco1961
13-11-2018, 12:31 PM
.Hi Alan, and everyone, there are just 3 rooms available at the hotel so nearly done !:mand:

Bitza
13-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Hi Moco1961, If you are still considering activities I maybe able to help out if you plan on a ride out to the Snowdon area, as I run a copper mine attraction. Get in touch if it sounds of any interest. Bitza.

Moco1961
13-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Hi bitza, PM sent.....absolutely !:thumbsup::thumbsup:

alan c
14-11-2018, 08:08 AM
.Hi Alan, and everyone, there are just 3 rooms available at the hotel so nearly done !:mand:

Brilliant news Mike

Maybe add a list of all that have booked ? would be good to see.

Moco1961
14-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Brilliant news Mike

Maybe add a list of all that have booked ? would be good to see.

Hi Alan, latest update is now just two rooms left, I have asked them to update the list again so will post up tomorrow.......let the tension build for 24 hrs:chuckle:

Moco1961
15-11-2018, 07:21 PM
So after speaking to the Hotel again today the current guest list as is follows, bear in mind there are now only two double rooms remaining:

alanC & Mart64
Big Oz
Stafford & Liz
moco1961 +1
Buzzb + 1
UK Surfer & Char
Stinger 101
Chris2925 + 1
Stevedesmo + 1
rollo22 & Jo
Big Red Duke & Utopia
Chris yeatman
Doggy
Singletrack
Mark Houldin
Grumpy
Pezz

.............quite a get together so far:ukm:

alan c
16-11-2018, 08:06 AM
White Water ~ current Guest List

So after speaking to the Hotel again today the current guest list as is follows, bear in mind there are now only two double rooms remaining:

alanC & Mart64
Big Oz & Slob
Stafford & Liz
moco1961 +1
Buzzb + 1
UK Surfer & Char
Stinger 101
Chris2925 + 1
Stevedesmo + 1
rollo22 & Jo
Big Red Duke & Utopia
Chris yeatman
Doggy
Singletrack
Mark Houldin
Grumpy
Pezz

.............quite a get together so far :ukm:

Moco1961
16-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Paypal donation received Slob , thank you !

DaveR
16-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Just to let you know that I've booked one of the last 2 rooms.
I shall be coming up on the Friday & look forward to meeting you all
Should be a fantastic weekend with some great biking roads & wonderful scenery, it's been a very long time since I was last in North Wales
I'll sort out getting a tenner to you

Dave

alan c
16-11-2018, 02:18 PM
White Water ~ current Guest List

alanC & Mart64
Big Oz & Slob
Stafford & Liz
moco1961 +1
Buzzb + 1
UK Surfer & Char
Stinger 101
Chris2925 + 1
Stevedesmo + 1
rollo22 & Jo
Big Red Duke & Utopia
Chris yeatman
Doggy
Singletrack
Mark Houldin
Grumpy
Pezz
Dave R

.............quite a get together so far :ukm:

Moco1961
16-11-2018, 08:48 PM
Nice one Dave, look forward to meeting you......and of course the S4r

chris yeatman
16-11-2018, 09:35 PM
Nice one Dave, look forward to meeting you......and of course the S4r

Damm another blue one...... :thumbsup: will be great to meet you.

Moco1961
17-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Chris.....we could now have a " best blue S4r category"..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

chris yeatman
17-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Chris.....we could now have a " best blue S4r category"..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Only if I win......:flag: :mand:

Moco1961
17-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Only if I win......:flag: :mand:

"............50% chance up to now , good odds.:chuckle::chuckle:

Moco1961
18-11-2018, 06:31 PM
UPDATE FOLKS....White Water Hotel is now Fully Booked ! ~ current Guest List

Sarah from the Hotel has confirmed today the hotel is now FULLY BOOKED. I have said " current guest list " because there are other guests booked and I have first refusal on any cancellations, so to confirm:

alanC & Mart64
Big Oz & Slob
Stafford & Liz
moco1961 +1
Buzzb + 1
UK Surfer & Char
Stinger 101
Chris2925 + 1
Stevedesmo + 1
rollo22 & Jo
Big Red Duke & Utopia
Chris yeatman
Doggy
Singletrack
Mark Houldin
Grumpy
Pezz
Dave R
Mr Gazza

.............thanks for the recent donations to the weekender fund, more posts as the itinerary develops,:thumbsup: :ukm::thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
18-11-2018, 06:44 PM
If there is a favoured B&B nearby, I will be happy to give up my room and save some Commando vouchers on cheaper digs.
If there are a few of us at the same place we could share a taxi to the venue for evening meals ect.

I wouldn't want to feel I was denying anyone a place at the Weekender by taking the last room.. Nor would I want to see any of the rooms going empty.

Moco1961
18-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Nice one Gary, I have mailed the hotel to ask i f they have a "partner" in the area that they recommend in cases such as ours, I will post an update as soon as I get a response from the hotel.

For clarity " commando fund" refers to Norton ??.........please say yes !:biggrin:

Mr Gazza
18-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Oh yes.. :gay::chuckle:

dacs
18-11-2018, 09:32 PM
SWMBO and myself are booked into The Hand hotel in Llangollen for the Weekender dates, it's about 1 mile east of the main venue, so looking forward to meeting everyone. Two day visitor fees sent via Paypal (I hope), cheers.

Moco1961
18-11-2018, 10:53 PM
SWMBO and myself are booked into The Hand hotel in Llangollen for the Weekender dates, it's about 1 mile east of the main venue, so looking forward to meeting everyone. Two day visitor fees sent via Paypal (I hope), cheers.

Donation received , cheers dacs,look forward to meeting you. I am sure there will be some more members staying in town too.:thumbsup:

singletrack
10-01-2019, 04:34 PM
It looks like my daughter and I have to cancel. That means a double room will become available, when I get chance to call the hotel.

Moco1961
10-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Hi Anne, sorry to hear that you have to cancel, sometimes life gets in the way!

chris yeatman
21-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Hi all
when do we have to contact the hotel for deposit of the room?
cheers

rollo22
21-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Chris,

Is this the info your after

Booking , as this year, is direct with the hotel, members just need to quote "Ducati Club" to get the agreed rates.
The hotel will confirm by E-Mail but deposits are not required until March 2019.

Sarah and Anna are the contacts at the hotel:
Tel: 01978 861661
e-mail: info@whitewatershotel.co.uk
web page: www.whitewatershotel.co.uk

chris yeatman
21-01-2019, 06:13 PM
Great thanks

Moco1961
21-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Thanks Duncan, that's spot on. When I contacted them last week I got the impression they had taken credit card details to secure the room but deposits wont be taken until later.:biggrin:

Moco1961
21-01-2019, 06:31 PM
Actually time for a brief update on the guest list, sadly Singletrack has had to cancel however her room has now gone to two guys that many of you know from Belgium so ~ current Guest List is........

alanC & Mart64
Big Oz & Slob
Stafford & Liz
moco1961 +1
Buzzb + 1
UK Surfer & Char
Stinger 101
Chris2925 + 1
Stevedesmo + 1
rollo22 & Jo
Big Red Duke & Utopia
Chris yeatman
Doggy
Sven & Jan~ ( Belgian MOC )
Mark Houldin
Grumpy
Pezz
Dave R
Mr Gazza

Kenb
17-02-2019, 07:35 PM
The wait is over, Manchester and North West Region are pleased to announce the Weekender for 2019 will be at the White Waters Hotel, Llangollen, North Wales

The dates for your diaries are 24th, 25th & 26th May, that’s the second May bank holiday.

The hotel has 19 rooms available and these have been provisionally reserved as follows:-
3 standard twin rooms;
10 standard double rooms for single occupancy;
1 VIP room that can be a twin room;
2 other VIP rooms
3 luxury rooms.

We have agreed rates at £300.00 for the 3 nights based on 2 sharing ( all room types ) ,single occupancy would be £270.00 for the 3 nights.
Rates are inclusive of full cooked breakfast.

Booking , as this year, is direct with the hotel, members just need to quote "Ducati Club" to get the agreed rates.
The hotel will confirm by E-Mail but deposits are not required until March 2019.

Sarah and Anna are the contacts at the hotel:
Tel: 01978 861661
e-mail: info@whitewatershotel.co.uk
web page: www.whitewatershotel.co.uk

As bookings are direct I am requesting a donation ,on a voluntary basis ,to cover the clubs expenses for the weekender with surplus going back into the Club, it worked well at this year's event . £10:00 for Hotel guests and £5:00 for day visitors appeared to be acceptable, I will post up a paypal link or cash on the day if you prefer.

The details are in the embryonic stages however the current plan includes:

- a buffet on Friday night ( approx. £12:00/head )
- Dinner on Saturday night ( approx. £25:00/head )
- possible Hog Roast on Sunday afternoon ( tbc £££)

There will of course be ride outs taking in some of the best biking roads in the UK, we look forward to welcoming you "up north":thumbsup::ukm:
If they are roasting an Harley on Sunday, I’ll definitely be there. ;)
Regards,Ken.

Moco1961
17-02-2019, 09:19 PM
.....ah that would be all well and good if there wasn't a slight change to the details .....er, no hog roast......something much more memorable is planned.

Yanbo
03-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Hopefully see you guys at least one of the days. My first bike event! I’m starting a new job with shift work so can’t commit to anything yet until I know my roster.

Moco1961
03-03-2019, 03:00 PM
It will be great to see you Yianni , hopefully we may even get a chance before the weekender:thumbsup: I will keep you posted,

Yanbo
06-03-2019, 10:16 PM
Great that sounds good.

chris yeatman
13-03-2019, 12:56 PM
Has anyone paid there deposits yet?

Moco1961
13-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Hi Chris,

Although I understand the hotel has taken your card details at the time of booking,Sarah had said she was not taking any deposits until the end of March. I will check and post up the response.:)

chris yeatman
13-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Ahh ok, the end of march. cheers

Char
21-03-2019, 07:22 PM
where was the overflow hotel? I'm sure someones booked down the road but i cant find the post :(

Mr Gazza
21-03-2019, 07:42 PM

Dacs is booked in at The hand Hotel, as far as I know he and Mrs Dacs are the only ones booked in anywhere else other than the main hotel.
Not sure if there is an official overflow Hotel, I believe Moco was going to look into local B&Bs?

Moco1961
21-03-2019, 07:49 PM
Hi char, like Gazza says no official overflow hotel but dacs is at the hand, closer still is wild pheasant which was a potential venue but didn't have the capacity, may have some rooms available though.

There are some rooms available still at the white waters on Friday, 3 when I spoke to them last week, and 3 on the Sunday night but no availability on the Saturday.

Char
21-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Cheers

Have a straggler that might join

bigredduke
23-03-2019, 03:11 PM
Cheers

Have a straggler that might join

That's utterly unfair - I wouldn't describe Martin as a straggler.

Moco1961
24-03-2019, 06:27 PM
OK Folks, its been a while since I posted any activity for the weekender, I can assusre you things are moving a pace in the background so as well as some picture teasers we were out and about today and can confirm one of the places of interest on the Saturday ride out will be the sygun copper mine.

Met Mike, Bitza on this very forum, and had a good old chat about a visit. There is a nice cafe for a pit stop for those who dont want to venture under ground and a 40 minute visit for those who fancy the experience.

As plans get finalised I will be posting them here so watch this space, meantime enjoy the views you will be seeing in may:thumbsup:

Moco1961
24-03-2019, 06:33 PM
......sorry not sure what happened there, did the old log off and log on again fix !!!:banghead:

....... sorry folks its not working, see Manchester and North West post for pics

Moco1961
04-04-2019, 07:27 PM
So I have had a good chat with Sarah at the White waters, she is quite content that she has rooms reserved against credit card numbers , no deposit to be taken. Apologies to those who have paid , this unfortunately is down to different staff on the desk at the time of booking, hopefully no harm done.

Now the first bit of fun"...........we have a function room allocated to us for the entire weekend......the function room has a sound system..........sooooooo, how about each and every one of us choosing a favourite song / soundtrack , we get the Weekender playlist and it can be the background music for us during the stay, hopefully this will go down well folks......could be a tune that means something, favourite, special memory .....will be a talking point, let's get the party started...... I will get the playlist done on my spotify account thingy and away we go:chuckle:

Who is first ?....

Mr Gazza
04-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Utopia has got a good song if he can plug his guitar in... :idea:

Moco1961
04-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Sounds like a plan, not a good companion on a bike me thinks?:chuckle:

Moco1961
04-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Ok so you are all thinking what song is my favourite, what song defines me, what means the most......

So , although I have a wide taste in music, I am afraid it has to be the second single I ever bought...

Bohemian rhapsody........, next please

alan c
04-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Great idea

Not sure who my favourite band is :chuckle:

Blockheads, sweet gene vincent, reasons to be cheerful

Anything by The Clash

Etc etc etc

Next !

ChrisC2925
04-04-2019, 08:44 PM
Gibson for me. I was once the owner of a battered EB3

Truckin' by the good old Grateful Dead would be appropriate for the weekender

Pezz
04-04-2019, 10:59 PM
Ok so here goes - I don't really have one single favourite record - how could I with a collection of 40,000. I have favourites depending on genre, band, mood etc so here are a few

House - The Nightwriter 'Let The Music Use You' [Geoff - Paul will know this from his Hacienda days ;) ]
Disco - Inner Life 'Moment Of My Life'
Soul - Chaka Khan 'Aint Nobody'
RnB - Small Faces 'Tin Soldier'
Rock - Floyd "Comfortably Numb'
Electronic - Gary Numan 'Cars'
Chilled - Massive Attack 'Unfinished Symathy'

I could go on...

For those that don't know I ran a record shop in Liverpool for 17 years, djed from the late 80s to the mid noughties and still work in the biz running a record company.

Moco1961
05-04-2019, 07:28 AM
Cracking choices already folks..:thumbsup:, keep them coming, "C,Mon everybody ".....( ooops....Eddie Cochran 1958...........or for Alan, sex pistols version :D:D), see what I did there?

buzzbomb
05-04-2019, 08:08 AM
No pinching my thunder..:twak:

Eddie Cochran three steps to heaven...:hail:

Only problem is that's getting closer...:worried:

Moco1961
05-04-2019, 09:18 AM
.......morning, good choice, dont think the pistols did a version of that one, Pezz will confirm no doubt:spin:

ChrisC2925
05-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Sticking to the V Twin theme of the weekend how about Richard Thompson 'Vincent Black Lightning'?

Darkness
05-04-2019, 12:48 PM
This one?

https://www.discogs.com/Sex-Pistols-Cmon-Everybody/release/5203414

Moco1961
05-04-2019, 01:00 PM
................that would be the very one Mark:biggrin:............ killing two birds with one stone there, geoff happy its an Eddie song, Alan happy its punk, isnt it great when a plan comes together !!:chuckle:

Moco1961
05-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Sticking to the V Twin theme of the weekend how about Richard Thompson 'Vincent Black Lightning'?

...... brilliant mate, keep them coming, we have 3 evenings to fill !!:drunk:

ChrisC2925
05-04-2019, 03:45 PM
We're all hoping for 'Blue Sky', The Allman Brothers

Moco1961
05-04-2019, 04:39 PM
....or Mr Blue Sky, Electric Light Orchestra :biggrin:

buzzbomb
05-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Well I could be Mr Blue Sky...:rolleyes::rolleyes::ukm:

Mr Gazza
05-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Don't listen to Alan, he's got no musical taste whatsoever. In fact the clash isn't even proper music...:twak:
Anyone suggesting motorbikin' by Chris Spedding can go and stand in the corner facing the wall too..

You won't go far wrong if you just play The Stones all night.
In fact we should all get together and wish the old Dartford boy, Mick Jagger, well with his new heart valve operation. If the valves in my Monster last 73 years I'll be well pleased.

Char
05-04-2019, 05:56 PM
It’s Wales

https://youtu.be/hHcyJPTTn9w

https://youtu.be/PXatLOWjr-k

Moco1961
05-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Don't worry Char, there has been so much rain up here recently there is none left for May, plus the reservoirs don't look as good when empty:spin:.....positive waves:thumbsup:

ChrisC2925
05-04-2019, 07:04 PM
With you on that one Mr G, can't knock the Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band in the world.

DaveR
05-04-2019, 07:23 PM
Just to make sure that we don’t end up with endless classic rock & punk, which all have their place at any gathering of 40++ bikers, lets include:
The Eagles, the obvious, Hotel California, the less obvious, All Ready Gone.
The Boss, Born to Run must be there.
Boys of Summer, Don Henley,
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Give me 3 steps, Call me the Breeze.
Anything off either album by Elles Bailey, Wildfire & The Road I Call Home
I could go on but food & beer are ready!

Moco1961
05-04-2019, 07:32 PM
Well done Dave, good selection there, enjoy the food and beer!:booze:

Doggy
05-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Here's a few from my spotify list.

The Animals-house of the rising sun
Dire straits- Sultans of swing
Elton John- Rocket man
Faithless- Insomnia
Fleetwood Mac-The chain
Imagine dragons -Radioactive
The Killers- Mr Brightside
Oasis- Champagne supernova
Prince-Purple rain
Chris rea-Road to hell.
I could go on and on, I like my music

Darkness
05-04-2019, 09:00 PM
This week I have mostly been enjoying Philip Glass, especially Metamorphosis.

alan c
06-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Don't listen to Alan, he's got no musical taste whatsoever. In fact the clash isn't even proper music...:twak:
Anyone suggesting motorbikin' by Chris Spedding can go and stand in the corner facing the wall too..

You won't go far wrong if you just play The Stones all night.
In fact we should all get together and wish the old Dartford boy, Mick Jagger, well with his new heart valve operation. If the valves in my Monster last 73 years I'll be well pleased.

Gary, I like all different types of music not just punk, :spin:

Mr Gazza
06-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Only joshin' Alan.. As you know perfectly well.. :chuckle:

The lads all bought tickets for 50p to see about 5 of these new fangled punk bands at West Runton Pavillion.
So we went off to see what it was all about. None of them produced a recognisable note the whole evening. One of the "singers" passed out as soon as he reached the mike, others vomited and shouted and I think somebody caught fire!
The last band had lights and a horrid Kawasaki green guitar, but still searched in vain for a musical note let alone a chord.
The next day the green guitar band was on the radio and it turned out that they had been signed up by a record company hours before the gig. The guitarist was asked what he was going to do with the money.. He said he would have some guitar lessons!
It was the Clash. That was how I found out what punk was... Sh1te!

Moco1961
06-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Now come on Gary, it's good to embrace all genres of music and cater for all tastes, why this very afternoon I have commenced the Weekender playlist for all to enjoy.
I have reviewed the extensive library of punk on Spotify ,selecting the very best,you will be delighted to know ..........they are now both on the playlist!:spin:

utopia
06-04-2019, 08:46 PM
Now then, c'mon .. you can't have "call me the breeze" without it being J.J. Cale's original now, can you ?

My own "desert island with the ukmoc" choices would probably be ..

The Grateful Dead .. preferably the first side of the "Anthem of the Sun" album (which doesn't really divide), or else something road-trippy, like Garcia's "Might as well".
Little Feat .. "Walking all night".
Byrds .. "Goin' back".
Daddy .. "Nobody from nowhere". (a couple of mates of mine)
John Martyn .. "Easy blues".
Something by the Flying Burrito Brothers .. lets go for "The older guys". For no particular reason, honest.
If we're selecting Stones tracks, I'll go for "Loving cup" or "Jigsaw puzzle" from Exile on Main St.
And a Beatles for balance .. "Hey Bulldog" would get my vote.
An old Pink Floyd .. See Emily play.
And while we're in the era, Traffic .. Hole in my shoe. and/or Dear Mr Fantasy.
Dan Baird and Homemade Sin .. "Two for tuesday".
Tom Petty .. "Learning to fly".
The aforementioned J J Cale .. "Call me the breeze".
How about Neil Young's .. Motorcycle mama ?
And in honour of just about every tranny caff jukebox in the 70s, a Quo tune .. let's say "Down down".

Moco1961
07-04-2019, 07:08 AM
.....on it Jeff, the playlist is well under way, you've given me some homework to do there!:chuckle:, had to think a while about the reference to "tranny caff"

ChrisC2925
07-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Well as we're chipping in now with multi selections here's a few more:

'Start me up' The Stones
'Crossroads' Cream or Skynyrd
'Seven Turns' Dickey Betts Band or The Allmans
'Sir Duke' Stevie Wonder
'Can't find my way home' Blind Faith

Some of my favourite ladies:
'Althea', 'Bertha' & 'Brown eyed women' The Grateful Dead
'Amelia' Joni Mitchell
'Angie' & 'Ruby Tuesday' The Stones
'Queen Jane approximately' & 'Lily, Rosemary & the jack of Hearts' Bob Dylan
'Baby Jane' Jack Bruce
'Layla' Derek & The Dominoes
'Brown eyed girl' Van Morrison
'Jessica' & 'Melissa The Allmans

'Fat man in the bathtub', 'Dixie Chicken' & 'Rock'n'Roll Doctor' Little Feat
'The King will come' & 'Throw down the sword' Wishbone Ash (Live Dates)
'May you never' John Martyn or Clapton Run out of room - to be continued at a later date!!

Stevedesmo
07-04-2019, 02:33 PM
Another Joni fan?!! I’m still assembling my list, but she’s right in there, pure poetry:heart:

Ps, we missed you today, get well soon!

ChrisC2925
07-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Cheers Steve, been recuperating in the warmth of the garden this afternoon. Any plans for next weekend?

Stevedesmo
07-04-2019, 04:02 PM
:mand:They all roll into one from now Chris, after a six month notice period doing part time working, I finally took EARLY retirement last Friday!
Still not used to it, but lovin it so far!:mand:

ChrisC2925
07-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Well if you want to part fund my retirement I'm willing to pack it in early too!

Moco1961
09-04-2019, 08:32 AM
OK folks, I do usually have my tongue firmly in my cheek when posting but please be assured this is a serious heads up:

One of our group sent me a link from social media last night , the link was from the white waters Hotel Facebook page stating the Hotel is closed. I cant thank Mark enough for pointing this out.

I spent the rest of the night trying to verify this , I spoke with 2 hotels in Llangollen, one heard it was true the other did not so I was none the wiser. The Hotel is not responding to e-mails and the phone is now unobtainable , although Mark is taking a trip down there this morning I would now assume the worst.

Anyone who has given card details, please check with them to see if your deposits can be recovered , I think you will be covered on credit card, not sure about debit card.

I am really sorry about this folks, I can assure you I am trying to salvage the situation and will of course update as the day goes on, there is too much organised to let this go so please bear with me while I try to sort things out.

cheers

Mike

Moco1961
09-04-2019, 11:08 AM
I have had a mail from the White Waters Hotel, they ceased trading on April 5th.

Two options I am exploring, a) split venue
b)Date change.

I have a bite for shifting this to the first Mayday bank Holiday, now checking with guest speaker for availability, will post as soon as I have more information.

cheers

Mike

Moco1961
09-04-2019, 01:47 PM
well I hope this hasn't caused too much angst , I think there is an option now,
firstly I have tried to keep the same dates as I know folk have set diaries around the weekender. This has proved near impossible I am sad to say, not so good news,

Chainbridge Hotel
Hand Hotel
Wild Pheasant Hotel
Royal Hotel

in Llangollen all fully booked for the Saturday night with limited availability on the other nights

Ruthin Castle Hotel~ fully booked
Crabwall manor
Mollington banestre both near Chester, races are on and the prices will make your eyes water.

The good news is I have 20 rooms reserved at the Rossett Hall Hotel, Function room and good mix of rooms, ie more twins. THIS IS FOR THE FIRST BANK HOLIDAY,3RD 4TH 5TH MAY. This means we are all together and we get to keep the same itinerary that we have worked so hard on. To wet your appetite and hopefully get the vote for this proposal:

Friday ~ arrive at hotel, buffet dinner,drinks, chill out .
Saturday~ head off the the copper mine, visit the aqueduct en-route , lakes and mountains in the afternoon and return via the Ponderossa ~ 4 hrs in the saddle. Evening meal followed by guest speaker , a man who has Ducati blood in his veins and is part of the history, think 1978 IoM.
Sunday, " Take no prisoners" National ride out to Portmeirion . For those unfamiliar this is a complete village, a folly, based on Italian architecture, we have a table/tables booked in the castle for Sunday lunch which gets us free entrance to the village where the TV series the prisoner was filmed. We have special permission to take the bikes in and get photos hopefully for a Calendar.

There you have it, please post up asap if all you weekenders think this is a goer and I will make it so:ukm:

buzzbomb
09-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Well done Mike...:thumbsup:

Looking at the new venue it looks even better than the original (who really let us down)..:twak:

I hope that members will realise just how much we've put into the weekend and be able to alter the timing of their weekend so as to attend at the early bank holiday.

I really hope that all concerned will appreciate all the hard work Mike has done in reorganising at this late date and continue to support us.

Please let us know your thoughts as I'm going to Portmerion tomorrow to set up the new date.

Again we're really sorry that this situation has occurred which is beyond our control so as I've already said please continue to support us.

alan c
09-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Real shame the hotel has folded but brilliant news and great work to book the new hotel.
Well done Mike for jumping straight on it and working hard to save the weekender.

Do we need to call hotel and book rooms or can you transfer over once people have confirmed .

I really hope to come, just waiting to confirm my moving date !

Once again thanks to all the gang for the hard work

:ukm::ukm:

Moco1961
09-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Hi Alan, thanks for your post and support as always mate.

I have not arranged the finer details yet, I am hoping by the time I meet Helen at the hotel on Thursday I have a "yes" vote and can sort with her then. Preference would be for individuals to book direct.............. not tempting fate but please use a credit card rather than debit card, lightning cant strike twice, can it !!:shocked:

This has certainly focused the mind , we now have just over three weeks as opposed to just over seven weeks so any wiggle room in the preparation plans is gone.

Can I just apologiise to any casualties due to the switch, I know people have planned stuff already but to keep the show going I feel we must go with what is good for the event. This option gets the weekender under one roof and close to our original agenda. Sadly we have lost our route leader if we go with this date but he has accepted it graciously, for that I thank you mate.:thumbsup:

BigOz
09-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Subject to me getting my bike service sorted before then I'm in.

Thanks for what must have been frantic reorganisation to get things turned around so quickly.

Moco1961
09-04-2019, 05:16 PM
brilliant, cheers Andy, hopefully up and running again :booze:

ChrisC2925
09-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Nice one Mike, I am sure we all appreciate your efforts to arrange a fantastic alternative in lightning quick time. Count me in on the new dates.

Thanks

Chris

bigredduke
09-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Well done for finding a suitable venue for so many people at such short notice!
I'm pretty certain I am ok for the new dates. Just a couple of details to check on first.

Mr Gazza
09-04-2019, 05:36 PM
What a complete nightmare Mike!! Hope you will be able to settle down to a Peroni as soon as possible.
It's put a Spaniard in the works regarding timing but hopefully I will still be able to make it, at least the bike is ready to go.

Moco1961
09-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Folks I know this is information overload for many of you logging on and wondering what the F*@$ has been happening over the last 18 hours but hopefully it makes some sense.

I asked the new venue a series of questions I see as important, answers below:-

Secure Parking ?~1 – the hotel does have a large car park and we do have CCTV we would recommend that you park the bikes in a car park behind the hotel as this is mainly used by staff and is overlooked by the hotel offices.

Function room sound system?~ 2- the Boydell does have its own sound system for music but unfortunately not for a mic for the speaker.

Confirm understanding of prices?~3- you are correct a double room with 2 people would be £99.00 per night.

Room configurations?~ 4- we have a mixture of room types doubles,, twin and a few triple rooms should these be required.

Any more than 20 rooms?~
5- I will offer the agreed rate if you require more than the 20 rooms.

Finally I have agreed with Helen that all individuals will contact the Hotel direct to book and pay, I will post details on Thursday after I meet her.

....and relax...............Mike:booze:

uksurfer
09-04-2019, 06:29 PM
I’m not sure how often people check the post, I would suggest a new thread and maybe a pm to everyone involved

The new hotel looks good, we will update on our attendance

Good work

slob
09-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Great work Mike

chris yeatman
09-04-2019, 06:47 PM
sorry but I'm away in France for the first bh so I'm afraid I'm out......

Great effort to get other options sorted tho.

Liz
09-04-2019, 07:06 PM
Wow Mike, well done for sorting this out so quickly, Stafford & I have booked directly with the hotel.

utopia
09-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Sterling work Mike, to reorganise so swiftly and so well after such an unexpected and rather shattering turn of events.
Well done indeed.
You must be shattered now, yourself.

I have a prior booking over that weekend but I am looking into rearranging that if I can.
Will update as soon as I know more .. hopefully within 24hrs.

Stevedesmo
09-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Mike, as discussed today, I can’t make the adjusted dates as I’m away visiting a mate in Spain, so I am indeed a casualty........such is life!

I know from our chats and messages today that you’ve put a lot of effort in at very short notice to get this sorted, so well done, you’ve played a blinder!

Catch up when you’ve recovered!

Grumpy
09-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Firstly Mike, thanks for all your hard work 're organizing the weekender.

I'm in for the three nights and will call the hotel tomorrow.

Moco1961
09-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Guys, really appreciate the posts, and again I can only apologise to the guys who are now missing out through no fault of their own, I am sad about that but hopefully there will be plenty of opportunity in the future to meet up.

We were building up nicely in a controlled manner and in 24 hrs we have had to roll a double six and start all over, Steve , you have been an integral,part of this from the start, hope we can still do the PowerPoint together:thumbsup:

Liz, brilliant you are off the mark, Helen is the contact as previously posted, the rates are agreed so although I am not seeing her until Thursday just go ahead and book....did she give you any "code" to quote?

Geoff and Mark are heading for portmeirion tomorrow to finalise the arrangements there, all jobs that were on the list but now happening twice as quick,.......hey Liz can I borrow your tag line, :thumbsup:

Cheers everyone, ......never give up :thumbsup:

Stevedesmo
09-04-2019, 09:11 PM
No worries mike, I need to buy a new laptop first, times against us as the images etc still need pulling together, but I’ll do what I can and we can catch up over a beer in the next week or so as time permits
If you fall over 10 times, get up 11!

Liz
09-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Guys, really appreciate the posts, and again I can only apologise to the guys who are now missing out through no fault of their own, I am sad about that but hopefully there will be plenty of opportunity in the future to meet up.

We were building up nicely in a controlled manner and in 24 hrs we have had to roll a double six and start all over, Steve , you have been an integral,part of this from the start, hope we can still do the PowerPoint together:thumbsup:

Liz, brilliant you are off the mark, Helen is the contact as previously posted, the rates are agreed so although I am not seeing her until Thursday just go ahead and book....did she give you any "code" to quote?

Geoff and Mark are heading for portmeirion tomorrow to finalise the arrangements there, all jobs that were on the list but now happening twice as quick,.......hey Liz can I borrow your tag line, :thumbsup:

Cheers everyone, ......never give up :thumbsup:

Lol, “never give up, never surrender” from the fantastic film, Galaxy Quest.

Stafford made the booking, he’s not sure who he spoke to, but we thought we’d get booked.

Well done again on getting this sorted and the itinerary looks great :hail:

Moco1961
10-04-2019, 08:55 PM
So, here we are the day after the day before.....believe me we will have such a laugh about yesterday.......:chuckle:

Geoff and Mark braved the elements ( wall to wall sunshine ! ) and went to sample the delights of portmeirion, we knew it would be good but this is one not to be missed, the guys got a great reception from an enthusiastic events team and polished off the planned itinerary, which is as follows,

Arrive at the castle 13:00 to 13:30,

Two course Sunday lunch will be £23.95, this gets you the complimentary ticket into the village which would normally cost £12.00.

We then propose to do the voting for the trophies.

Have a wander,enjoy the village,as I said previously it's where the prisoner was filmed and is a unique stunning setting.

Then when either visitor numbers drop off or when the gates close we get to ride the bikes into the village for a photo shoot.

We then head back to the hotel.

This promises to be a day that will last in the memory for a long long time, the guys were spoiled today, we have a dedicated dining area booked in the castle and the food was top drawer.

I have asked for an electronic version of the menu to be pinged to me which will be posted as soon as I get it, this will be good folks:ukm:

Grumpy
10-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Sounds great Mike.
Btw, room booked today:mand:

Moco1961
10-04-2019, 09:36 PM
Fantastic James, so glad you are still on board.:thumbsup:, sorry about your lighthouse trip, thanks to you,Gazza and the boys for putting that on hold.

Mr Gazza
10-04-2019, 11:17 PM
Portmerion is a magical place, it pays tricks on your eyes and messes with your mind. An architectural kaleidoscope and a wonderful photographic backdrop, with literally a different view with every step. Sir Clough Williams-Ellis was a true genius.. Looking forward to another visit, without a Migraine!

Watch out for Rover... Be seeing you.

Moco1961
11-04-2019, 05:04 AM
..........I see what you did there ......:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

DaveR
11-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Mike
I'm just trying to sort some options for the earlier weekend, I know I won't be able to get there until Saturday evening if I can get there at all. Might have to bail completely, which would be a shame.
Well done for getting the alternative sorted so quickly.
Hope to see you early May

Dave

buzzbomb
11-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Dave arriving on Saturday evening wil still get you in on the dinner plus guest speaker, stay that night and do tha rideout on Sunday which stops off at the Portmerion village for Sunday roast followed by the bike judging and awards and then the icing on the cake freedom of the ltaly an style village with photo opportunities.
It's only a suggestion but please consider it as you won't be disappointed.

Geoff.

Moco1961
11-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Mike
I'm just trying to sort some options for the earlier weekend, I know I won't be able to get there until Saturday evening if I can get there at all. Might have to bail completely, which would be a shame.
Well done for getting the alternative sorted so quickly.
Hope to see you early May

Dave

Hi Dave,

thanks for the post , it would be fantastic if you can arrange to come, Saturday arrival is no problem at all. As Geoff says there is still plenty of activities to get involved in when you arrive and the highlight of the weekend will be our Sunday ride out so plenty to look forward to :thumbsup:

Let me know how things pan out, I will need to arrange refunds to folk who have paid the club donations and now cant attend.

Fingers crossed we are both propping up the bar in early may !

Moco1961
11-04-2019, 10:23 PM
.............do you believe in fate?, well I think you will do after the weekender:chuckle: The Rossett Hall has had a cancellation, hence availability, some things are meant to happen......... now concentrate folks.....

Chris and myself met at the Rossett Hall tonight and met the lovely Helen who showed us around and went through the options, without further ado here we go:

Arrive during Friday at a pace to suit yourself, buffet was discussed originally , a hot buffet, I explained we will be arriving at different times so that may be difficult..........so what you do is go reserve a table and have Table D'hote when you arrive, THIS IS INCLUDED IN YOUR ROOM RATE !............yes you have read this correctly, INCLUDED.

Saturday ,breakfast and day out riding, back to the Hotel, Saturday Dinner Booked for 19:30 eating at 20:00, menu will be attached on the next thread to keep this one as small as possible. This will allow the after dinner speaker to do his thing , the function room is great and has a projector,sound system and adjacent small bar.SATURDAY DINNER IS INCLUDED IN YOUR ROOM RATE.

Sunday , national ride out, return for buffet , at the moment set for eating at 20:00 based on us having sunday lunch at 14:00 and waiting at Portmeirrion to do photos and stuff, we wont be back at the hotel until 19:00. THE BUFFET IS INCLUDED IN YOUR ROOM RATE.

This really is not to be missed, I can assure you all that you will not be disapointed, .

so now you book direct with the Hotel, quote "Ducati weekend" to get these rates, Helen wants meal choices by 29th April these MUST be done through myself as the point of contact to avoid cock ups on the night, I will get the spreadsheet to Helen for Chef to plan the meals. That is the only rule she insisted on, to be fair thats cool with me............ If you were not coming first time around I urge you to reconsider, I would not say this if the venue was not good, this will be a great weekend......Chris, if I have missed anything or got anything wrong feel free to jog in mate ....... Menu to follow.

Moco1961
11-04-2019, 11:08 PM
Dave, so sad you cannot rearrange, I am blown away by your pm, if you are keeping you reservation or still in north Wales on the original dates, we will come to you and show you some routes, coffee at the ponderosa and have the criac, cheers fella

Mike

slob
12-04-2019, 09:29 AM
THE DUCATI WEEKEND MENU
4th MAY 2019

Roasted Red Pepper Soup with a bread roll

Teriyaki Beef Strips, Asian Salad, Sweet Chilli Sauce

Smoked Mackerel Pate, Baby Gem Letuce, Horseradish Dressing

ooOoo

Pork Loin, Savoy Cabbage, Smoked Bacon, Root Vegetable Puree,
Whole Grain Mustard, Cream Sauce

Pan Fried Cod Loin, Smoked Haddock & Chowder

Feta & Spinach Strudel, Seasonal Greens, Mushroom Sauce

ooOoo

Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Sauce, Raspberry Sorbet

Lemon Meringue Pie, Macerated Strawberries

Chef's Selection of Cheese with Biscuits and Traditional Accompaniments

Freshly Brewed Tea or Coffee with Homemade Fudge

Moco1961
12-04-2019, 11:24 AM
So we have the revised date, we have the new venue, we even have Saturday's Dinner menu ( cheers Rob! ), so lets get the guest list rebooted, booked with the Hotel so far we have,

Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz

Contact the hotel direct and make the booking, they will take card details only, you pay when you leave.:ukm:

Moco1961
12-04-2019, 11:28 AM
Wow Mike, well done for sorting this out so quickly, Stafford & I have booked directly with the hotel.

Liz, Hotel have sent me a spreadsheet with people that have booked......you and Stafford are not on it !!............... will mail them for you

Moco1961
12-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin

ChrisC2925
12-04-2019, 12:13 PM
I think you've covered everything there, Mike - just to confirm for anyone who needs it there is a veggie selection for each days food

slob
12-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob

Stinger101
12-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey

Moco1961
12-04-2019, 05:05 PM
ig Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851

Mr Gazza
12-04-2019, 06:14 PM
Booked in today... Thought £89 a night, single occupancy including food was pretty keen. Less than The White Wash Hotel I think?
Hoping more folks will come now the date is different.

Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851
Mr Gazza

Moco1961
12-04-2019, 06:20 PM
Booked in today... Thought £89 a night, single occupancy including food was pretty keen. Less than The White Wash Hotel I think?
Hoping more folks will come now the date is different.

, absolutely Garry, that's pretty sharp rates Helen has done there, let's hope we take full advantage and fill the 20 reserved rooms.....and then some.

Grumpy
12-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851
Mr Gazza
Rollo22

Moco1961
13-04-2019, 07:01 AM
Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851
Mr Gazza
Rollo22
Liz & Stafford

ROB04
13-04-2019, 03:42 PM
cant pm you moco1961 all full up

Moco1961
13-04-2019, 06:22 PM
........ Sorry, doing quite a bit on PM - ing at the moment! Space available now Rob, :thumbsup:

uksurfer
13-04-2019, 08:24 PM
Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851
Mr Gazza
Rollo22
Liz & Stafford

Uksurfer & Char

rollo22
13-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
Stinger101 & Tracey
Aidie851
Mr Gazza
Rollo22
Liz & Stafford
Uksurfer & Char

Char
14-04-2019, 07:02 PM
Are we still looking for music?

Maybe need a new thread !

Carbon Kid - Alpine Stars
https://youtu.be/PifkisE7H2k

It’s from this millennium to ;p

Moco1961
14-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Hi Char, weekender playlist is coming along nicely, keep those suggestions coming, I think I have over 60 now!:spin::yoparty:

DaveR
15-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Having done a review of our diary with my other half, it seems I overlooked a couple of things we already have booked up for the early May bank holiday & so am unable to attend.
It certainly looks like being a great event & I hope that you all enjoy it.
Have fun!
Hope to meet you all at some stage

Dave

Moco1961
15-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear that Dave, there is always the Lincolnshire Italian show, 15th June I recall, a few of us from the North West are attending together with Gazza and the gang so that should be good if you can make it.

sadly it means there will be no best blue S4r competition this year as Chris cant make it either..............:spin:

Apologies for the date change mate, hope to meet up soon,

Mike