PDA

View Full Version : DB killers for C/F termis monter 900/750

jerry
20-10-2018, 05:26 PM
Thai police are actually having a scientific crackdown ,, they now realise that Carbon Fibre cans are legally fitted to many bikes as manufactures approved accessory or even standard on some new models , so instead of a blanket ban they are roadside checking noise with Db meters and max allowed is 95db fail and the bike is confiscated .

all makes of bikes are affected except Harleys which can run on open drag pipes even if 120db noise emits because they are often owned by ''Big Cheeses and FuZZ'' i kid u not .

so to be safe i need to make by termis on the S4 a little quieter with some Db killers

question is, what diameter db killers to fit in the center of the oval cans ??????

Luddite
20-10-2018, 05:48 PM
Desmoworld do a whole range of db killers including ones for various Termi exhausts https://www.desmoworld.com/search?sSearch=db%2B-%2Beater&p=3

The dimensions are in the descriptions.

mickj
21-10-2018, 08:00 AM
My new 2018 monster 1200s has a little sticker stating that the noise is calibrated to 97db, does this mean my bike will be confiscated? :scratch:

alan s4
21-10-2018, 08:58 AM
Are yours High level or low level Jerry. I've got high level Termi's on mine and I've never been able to work out the exact type required, if you can work it out let me know:biggrin:

jerry
21-10-2018, 10:53 AM
mine are low level termiis

jerry
21-10-2018, 10:55 AM
My new 2018 monster 1200s has a little sticker stating that the noise is calibrated to 97db, does this mean my bike will be confiscated? :scratch:

is it in thailand if the pipes are original you are probably ok its very arbitary out there

but my termis are aftermarket and will need calming down a tad

i have some cored originals but they mess the tune up

Doggy
21-10-2018, 06:54 PM
I bought some small db killers for my termis on my 796 from desmoworld . Lovely item .

mickj
22-10-2018, 08:51 AM
is it in thailand if the pipes are original you are probably ok its very arbitary out there

but my termis are aftermarket and will need calming down a tad

i have some cored originals but they mess the tune up

Nope, I am in North Somerset. I do have an aftermarket pipe on and have been running it without baffles for a few months and will now run it for a couple more with them fitted to see which makes the bike run better. My other bikes all run better with the baffles in.