PDA

View Full Version : 1200s service

gambrelli
16-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Hi all
I have a 1200s Monster 2017 and its getting close to having it 18,000 mile service.
Does anybody know the what sort of cost this will be?
Cheers

Uncle Bob
04-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Depends entirely on where you get it serviced i.e. Ducati or non-Ducati.

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/dealers

Ron1000
04-12-2018, 02:45 PM
I thought the dealers had a very transparent pricing structure online you can view.

It listed costs for things like belts, valves etc etc.

Saint aka ML
05-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Dealers have a fixed price for scheduled services. Basically Ducati says what is the price of all spare parts needed and how many hours are needed for service.

Parts prices will be same across board. Charge per hour is what will differ it.

Bear in mind there might be other things found on bike in process of service that are above and beyond for example pads and so on. Those will also make a difference.
Not to mention part of service means exhaust headers off I think what if one gets stuck as header bolt got damaged or something. That will be your cost.

That is why service costs are always indicated assuming all goes smooth.

mickj
06-12-2018, 08:36 AM
I would say that if the bike is still under warranty you should go to a main dealer, it will cost a bit more but maintain your warranty, once it's up then find a good independent or do it yourself, that's my plan.

Saint aka ML
06-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Watch out with independent prices. As already said official dealer has x amount of hours to complete service as per Ducati. Independent charges per hour for every hour.

bobbertandsammy
07-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Had the valves and belts done by Ducati Glasgow on my 900 last year, very up front about pricing and actually included a fair bit of above and beyond that an indy would have charged more for.