PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk October breakfast

dacs
13-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Mr Gazza has suffered a communications technology meltdown :Furious:, and has asked me to post this on his behalf - our next breakfast meet venue is Dannii's Diner, Brandon, on the 21st October (10am I guess, but time wasn't specified). Yes, it's another trip to Suffolk! I'm sure that Mr G will be back in full communication soon, in the meantime it's quiet, isn't it :biggrin:

Grumpy
13-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Mr Gazza has suffered a communications technology meltdown :Furious:, and has asked me to post this on his behalf - our next breakfast meet venue is Dannii's Diner, Brandon, on the 21st October (10am I guess, but time wasn't specified). Yes, it's another trip to Suffolk! I'm sure that Mr G will be back in full communication soon, in the meantime it's quiet, isn't it :biggrin:

I thought Norfolk had closed,as Mr G was quiet!:biggrin:
Count me in.

Nickj
14-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Norfolk is fairly flat so perhaps a manual backup system ?
https://cdn.britannica.com/s:700x450/72/19172-004-01BCA940.jpg

Should get the message to the border in times of need :)

dacs
15-10-2018, 02:04 PM
Norfolk is fairly flat so perhaps a manual backup system ?
https://cdn.britannica.com/s:700x450/72/19172-004-01BCA940.jpg

Should get the message to the border in times of need :)

Not sure how you got hold of this picture, they're still on the secret list here

Kingfisher88
15-10-2018, 06:05 PM
I may not be able to make it as hopefully my bike will be gone by then. I may have another one but not sure I will be welcome with it :( I hope I am as I still love the monsters and you guys are most welcoming.

Grumpy
15-10-2018, 07:08 PM
I may not be able to make it as hopefully my bike will be gone by then. I may have another one but not sure I will be welcome with it :( I hope I am as I still love the monsters and you guys are most welcoming.
Buy the coffee and you're always welcome! ::D

I've turned up at more meets than I can think of on my Griso, if you fancy coming along do.:thumbsup:

dacs
15-10-2018, 10:26 PM

What Grumpy says - look forward to seeing you whatever you arrive on/in

Kingfisher88
16-10-2018, 05:53 AM
I'll try if I have it by then. Thanks :)

Mr Gazza
17-10-2018, 06:37 PM
Thanks for holding the fort DACS.. :thumbsup:
Back online now after nearly a week! The line was broke in two places apparently!

Meet will be at 10am.

Danniis Diner is run by Motorcyclists, for Motorcyclists. The family have a long history of stunt riding and Wall of Death. Guessing from the picture of Guy Martin on the wall, sitting on his Wall of Death Indian, I would say it was the family who coached him for his record breaking ride?

https://en-gb.facebook.com/danniisdiner/

It's on Thetford road, Brandon. IP27 0DB.
It can be tricky to spot from the road, but there is a pelican crossing right outside, which makes a good landmark.
Bike parking is off road, right in front of the Café.

I've been sending out semaphore, but no replies yet!!.. Looking forward to catching up with you folks.. :mand:

Grumpy
17-10-2018, 08:05 PM
See you in sunday!

Kingfisher88
18-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately I'm currently without a atm. I'm hoping fingers crossed I'll have something soon.

Mr Gazza
18-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Congratulations on a quick sale Kingfisher.
Lack of Monster is no excuse for being unsociable, hope to see you on Sunday.
Besides, if the weather is foul, I will be there in the Pou du ciel!

Kingfisher88
18-10-2018, 08:10 PM
I may nick the swift and still come.. I do have another monster owner that may be up for coming too.

Kingfisher88
20-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Good news, I'm back on 2 wheels so will see you guys tomorrow. Still waiting to hear back from the other monster owner to see if he can make it.

Grumpy
20-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Good news, I'm back on 2 wheels so will see you guys tomorrow. Still waiting to hear back from the other monster owner to see if he can make it.

New toy!. Looking forward to seeing your new purchase:mand:

Mr Gazza
21-10-2018, 01:02 PM
Smashing to see everyone this morning.
DaveR, Dacs, Kingfisher88, Grumpy and IMOC. On three Monsters and three "other"!.

The ride in was on the verge of bracing, but quite bearable, with a few bikes already out on the road. Roads were wet with heavy dew and looking treacherous, but dry where the Sun had got to them.
Great company and banter, in a nice friendly venue. We even got a coffee each on the house.
Warmer and drier on the home leg, but more traffic, as is always the way.

Grumpy, IMOC and Kingfisher all arrived on new bikes, with Kingfisher obviously having made some miscalculation with leg length and bike height!
Just a suggestion for a lightweight rig to assist you getting aboard.. :chuckle:

https://i.postimg.cc/L4vTv64z/nathan-bike-lift.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Kingfisher88
21-10-2018, 07:12 PM
Thanks for letting come along still, it's always good. Thanks for the suggestion Mr Gazza, think I'm gonna have to get a bit more nimble and practice getting on it. Was a good ride to Watton too.

Grumpy
21-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Good to catch up with everyone. :mand:
My 12r has been put away for the winter, but there is always something else to ride from the stable!
IMOC and I had a spirited ride to and from Brandon, finding some interesting back roads on the way back! There is nothing like a fen road to test your suspension!!
Kingfishers new steed is a corker, enjoy.