PDA

View Full Version : Sensible priced servicing in SE London

dunxster
15-03-2004, 03:25 PM
After nearly falling over when told how much my 6K service had cost at Ducati London South, I decided to look around for an alternative for the 12K one. Step forward In Moto in Croydon (020 8689 2341). They only needed a week's notice, they showed me all the old parts that had been replaced and apologised that they had to use authentic Ducati chain and sprockets as they couldn't get any aftermarket ones.
Also worth a visit just to check out the fanastic selection of "proper" old bikes they have for sale.

http://www.inmoto.com/

Duncan

craigie
15-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Hi dunxster

I bought a Morini 3 1/2 fro Roberto at Inmoto, which was a great bike and I liked Roberto, but there were a few things that weren't quite right and I wouldn't have trusted them with me Duc. I have seen them advertising for Aprilia mechanics so they may have a new setup now.
by the way what was the damage on the service?
are you going to the DCL opening thing?

cheers

Craig

dunxster
16-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Including new brake pads, chain and sprockets a little over £600. Now consider that I paid over £400 for the less involved 6k service at DLS and you can see why I'm pleased.

LeMarsu
16-03-2004, 10:20 AM
I bet you Ducati central will be twice the price of DLS.

CK & AK
16-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Dunxster, are In Moto authorised Ducati agents?:confused: couldnt find them on my list (but it does need up dating).
Just that for anyone still in the warranty period (2 years from registration), if bike is not serviced at an authorised dealer, there is no comeback to Ducati UK, and it can invalidate your warranty:(

C

superlight3
16-03-2004, 10:49 AM
LeMarsu, I think DLC is DLS :confused:

Cheers.

Lee.

LeMarsu
16-03-2004, 10:59 AM
I know....
Ducati London Central has been established by the same team behind Ducati London South in Croydon,

does that mean DLS is going to close ?

dunxster
16-03-2004, 11:01 AM
CK & AK - No In Moto aren't authorised but the bike is so close to the end of it's warranty (a matter of a month) that I'd rather take a chance on the warranty, rather than get clobbered in the wallet dept.
Given the lead times on servicing at DLS the bike would probably be out of warranty and well past its service interval by the time they'd be able to fit it in their workshop schedule!

superlight3
16-03-2004, 11:12 AM
LeMarsu.

DLC will be a satelite operation with any bikes dropped off in Chelsey being transported over to the workshops at DLS.

Lets hope it all goes smoothly......

Cheers.

Lee.

CK & AK
16-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by dunxster
C...
Given the lead times on servicing at DLS the bike would probably be out of warranty and well past its service interval by the time they'd be able to fit it in their workshop schedule!

know what you mean - Blufoot had to wait 9 weeks last year for a service & remedial work there:eek: then it got cancelled (mechanic sick was excuse) and he then had to wait another 5 weeks!!!

C:burnout:

Julie
16-03-2004, 11:23 AM
CK I've been thinking about Blufoot. How is he?
Has he heard anything about his bike? will be be ok with the insurance hope they pay up.

J

CK & AK
16-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Not a peep from Wayne for the last 3 weeks, no phone calls or visits - just vanished off the face of the earth (or maybe just gone without saying bye???) all his Mobiles & landline are 'off line' too.

BLU - IF you log on from Bermuda/Berlin/Wormwood scrubs - wherever you may be.... - get in flipping touch, YOU GIT!:D

C:confused:

spacemonkey
16-03-2004, 07:32 PM
And I assume that the cost of shipping bikes to and from Croydon will be added to any vastly over inflated bill that will come from Chelsea. After all - we buy 'exotic' bikes and live near Chelsea? Must be loaded....
I suppose they will start charging you just to enter the shop....

Makes you wonder how on earth they are going to cope with the extra work load in the 'work'-shop if they can't cope now! Hasn't anyone made an official complaint to Ducati UK or even Trading Standards about the incredibly unreasonable wait for work to be done?

craigie
16-03-2004, 10:46 PM
funnily enough I went for a job interview at DLS for the post of van driver, only £50 a day so no good, but I bet that "customers" will pay for that somehow.
the wee mr martino seemed like a humourless little fellow, not very hairdresser like at all but I can see from looking now you mention it...in another post.