PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Launch Central London Store

Jay
15-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Saw this on the DSC site: I may drag my sorry arse there... not to see Troy but to see wot's wot!

Ducati Launch Central London Store

Troy Bayliss to attend the Sunday of launch weekend...
Ducati UK Ltd is extremely pleased to announce the launch of central London's first Ducati Store, Ducati London Central on March 20th 2004.
Situated at Gunter Grove in Chelsea, Ducati London Central offers a totally unique motorcycling experience to London City dwellers with a brand that has become increasingly popular in the UK's capital city.

President of Ducati UK Ltd Piero Guidi commented, " The launch of Ducati London Central marks a very important point for Ducati. Not only will we have a very strong presence in one of the worlds largest cities but this sees our 8th UK Ducati Store launched in under 3 years".

Ducati London Central has been established by the same team behind Ducati London South in Croydon, which in fewer than two years has become one of the most successful Ducati dealerships in the UK.

Managing Director of both Stores Marcello Martino commented, " The launch of Ducati London Central now gives us a great area to work with Ducati in. We have successfully established ourselves as London's premier resource for all things Ducati due to the hard work our team puts in, and our central location should only complement this further".

Ducati London Centrals launch weekend runs throughout the 20th and 21st of March where on the Sunday Ducati Corse Moto GP rider Troy Bayliss will be in attendance from 2.30pm - 4.30pm (approx).

Ducati London Central is situated at 2a Gunter Grove, Chelsea, London, SW10 0UJ, Tel: 0207 3765 999. www.DucatiLondonCentral.com

A Yerbury
15-03-2004, 01:11 PM
SW10? there are enough sloany pricks undermining ducati street cred as is.....grumble....

CraigW
15-03-2004, 01:16 PM
ooh, touchy!

Jay
15-03-2004, 01:35 PM
It's good, cos now I don't have to go to Daytona, which sucks or DLS which is is okay but is in a pants area, to look at a few bikes. One of the many good things about SW10 is sitting down to a hearty lunch in a posh restaurant, in yer leathers!

Chin up, they're not all 'it' girls and boys. Tara P.T. and co aren't so terrible really. Just some people misunderstand the value of copious amounts of Champange on tap and a pair of good shoes on their feet! :)

YA!

A Yerbury
15-03-2004, 05:08 PM
oh I know that.........just having a rant..help..turning into didge!

james007
15-03-2004, 05:26 PM
VIP launch on Friday 7.30pm jah.

A Yerbury
15-03-2004, 07:05 PM
VIP launch... hmpf! see above!

craigie
15-03-2004, 07:35 PM
if anyone is goin to the non-vip bit of the launch we could maybe put some faces to names of us London livin lot.
I was thinking of goin on the sunday if anyone else is.
maybe see you there, maybe not.

cheers

Craig

CK & AK
15-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Lots of DSC going on the Sunday about midday, along with 2 mucky monsters from Surrey - as long as we dont have to get soaked again.........

C

craigie
15-03-2004, 08:56 PM
I'll hopefully see you there then

cheers

Craig

Jay
15-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Cool, i'll try do midday then as well!

Jolly Hocky Sticks, Ya! etc...

A Yerbury
15-03-2004, 11:44 PM
that ll be seriously bluddy good bluddy fun, I'm skiing though.

fatbloke
16-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by james007
VIP launch on Friday 7.30pm jah.

You mean you haven't got a ticket !!!

LeMarsu
16-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Ducati Central London is about 6 mins from where I live now!
amazing!

steviej
16-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Alex, is it snowing in London then??

A Yerbury
16-03-2004, 09:02 AM
no you loon! T'was a facisimile of an sw10 inhabiting harley/ducati/tvr/boxter owning rugby shirt clad city boy..yah, zalutely, bluddy top tottie etc etc.

Dammit, if I was still with Ms Ace Cafe I could have been on that vip list..curses and double curses!!

Alex.

LeMarsu
16-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Well I had to move into Central London due to family issues... at the beginning of the month.

There are lots of Sloanies here.. Yah Yah !

But, don't worry I get them back to earth with my High Level, early in the morning...

All the other monsters in the area are Standard Everything..
I would like to see some of the Sloanies looking for a Starbucks at Box Hill or at Ace looking for a Smoked Salmon toast and the Bubbly Yah Yah, Jolly Good All Chapp!

A Yerbury
16-03-2004, 11:26 AM
speaking as an ex ace kitchen manager I dread to think what sanjay and maggi would do with the salmon, not that long ago I had to explain that one doesn,t fry custard......scary!
a bientot!

Melnie Mouse
16-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Jay, just incase you didn't know, this new store is still owned by DLS, it's the same company... they're millionaires, started off by hairdressing would you believe.... amongst other things i'm sure...

Jay
16-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Yup, me knows, the Marcello chap (or whatever his name is) looks every bit a hairdresser, but a friendly chap. I found the DLS fine, just it's a crap ride from my place, Kensington is so much prettier!

Melnie Mouse
16-03-2004, 04:52 PM
oh, ok. I don't really know London that well, but i'm coming to ace cafe italian day 9th may that should be good... you going? know any others that are going?

Jay
16-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Yup I reckon. Went to last years, a few others from the board came along as well. Lots of nice italian trinkets! Best thing is, only italian bikes and cars (even a fiat I remember) are alowed to park outside the front, the rest are relegated to much inferior parking arangements! :)

A Yerbury
16-03-2004, 05:58 PM
feel the wrath of ex copper wilmsmore.

spacemonkey
16-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Ah, I didn't know you used to slave in the galley of the Good Ship Ace Cafe? Note that I am sad that I can't plop an accent on the 'e' of Cafe as the Ace is definitely now a Caff-ay as opposed to the old Caff.... Should appeal to the aforementioned two wheeled twats who buy a Ducati 'cos some lifestyle mag tells them it is now trendy. Toss pots....

A Yerbury
16-03-2004, 08:17 PM
well I was roped in occasionally by my ex....she was there from the off running the place with Mark as the "face". Still have a bit of a love/hate for the place as It was a burden, there s nowt worse than mopping floors together at 3 on a sunday morning, tearing back through London past people spilling out of the 333 "that could be me/us!!" getting back to a cold narrow boat in bromley by bow, only to have to shoot back six hours later to slop out more bacon butties for sodding featherbed day day.........aarrrgh! never again!

yerbs-best black pudding in the west.........

ps:I'm cafe with an inflection on the e! as in Paris/Pareee :)

CraigW
18-03-2004, 01:36 PM
I just passed by & stopped to have a look, unloading a 999 and a multistrada, all looks pretty smart.

craigie
20-03-2004, 08:12 PM
went today to have a look, only saw one monster; dark with a single seat unit, but didn't know whose it was.

funnily enough it looks just like DLS but smaller.
met the guy, Mark, who sold me my bike in Daytona @ Angel. he now works at DLC and told me that Daytona are losing their Ducati 'officialness' at the end of this year and going totally Suzuki.

didn't wait for Troy but there were alot of bods who were waiting, makes me smile grown men collecting autographs.

anyway maybe us Londoners can meet up another time eh?

cheers

Craig

spacemonkey
20-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Is that Mark as in the one on the parts desk at Ruislip Daytona? If the dark in question had a Road Racing under swing arm exhaust then it was his... Damn about Daytona losing their Ducati dealership as they were very convenient for me at Ruislip and Mark and his mate always give me good discount. Bugger...

A Yerbury
20-03-2004, 08:41 PM
was mark the south african skinny bloke or the oriental geezer?

-sulk- Didnt give ME a discount..........

Steph
20-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Sorry craigie, I was going to go as I work up that way. It
would have been good to put faces to some names.

I'll probably pop in after work one day this week.

But us London lot should meet up anyway!!

Steph :bunny:

Jay
20-03-2004, 10:29 PM
As the originator if this thread I should have turned up, but I went on the Pioneer Run instead, it was fab!

Always up for a little thrash around town and surrounding country bits on the bike, making some noise etc.

craigie
21-03-2004, 06:44 PM
spacemonkey

I think it might just be the one at Angel that is losing its 'ducatiness', not sure what is going on at the Ruislip one.

The Mark is the one that worked at the Angel, cropped grey hair, English, had a 900 monster but has sold it.

cheers

Craig

spacemonkey
22-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Yes you are right. Spoke to the Mark I know at Ruislip Daytona and he said it is just Angel losing it. Ducati GB wanted one dedicated central London store and Angel didn't want to lose it's Suzuki dealership so told Ducati to shove it up it's harris. DLS stepped in to take it's place... Rumour is that Ruislip will get some cash injection from Ducati as they love Ruislip as they spend (surely that should be WE spend?) a lot of money with them.