PDA

View Full Version : S2r 800 whont start

bryan bennett
31-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Hi every one .im new to the forum. I've had my s2r 800 for 4 years and in that time it hasn't had one problem its been amazing. In till this weekend. When it just died , , like it had run out off fuel. It fired up again then died. There's fuel and the pump working. There's no spark and the plug s are dry it just turns over

mickj
01-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the forum Bryan, I don't know much about monsters but if your plugs are dry there is no petrol getting through to the cylinder. There is a known fault with Suzuki GSX 1400 fuel pumps in that the high pressure bypass valve becomes detached within the fuel tank so the pump spins but there is no pressures. Take a look at that as a starting point, if not it could be your injectors.

Dave G
01-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Does the pump prime?

If so and you say there’s seems to be no fuel getting through I’d hazard a guess that the fuel pump has become disconnected from the pipes inside the tank, I think this may be a common problem but I’m writing this while trying to remember where I read all the info so just going on memory.
You’ll need to remove the tank and the baseplate the internal fuel pump is mounted to and check the hoses are still secure, they can separate and just need to be fixed back together.

damien666
01-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Fuel filter?
Breather blocked ( vacumning)?

Dave G
01-08-2018, 10:56 AM
The fuel filter is attached to the pump inside the tank, this is usually the bit that comes adrift BTW.

utopia
01-08-2018, 11:57 AM
No spark though, you say.
Is that on both cylinders or just the one.

bryan bennett
01-08-2018, 12:51 PM
It's on both. So I assume there's no power going to the spark or injectors

bryan bennett
01-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Thanks for all you're help

utopia
01-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Excuse the simple question but have you checked the fuses ?
If its like my carby 750 there will be an oblong fuse box beneath the seat.
To start with, I'd be looking for a blown fuse on the ignition circuit.
If you find one, with any luck there will be a spare in an unused socket in the fuse box.
Replacing the fuse may not address the underlying cause of it blowing in the first place and so it may blow again, but its worth a try.