PDA

View Full Version : Popham Motorcycle Megameet Sunday 12th August

Liz
30-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Popham Motorcycle Meet is on Sunday 12th August and we've always managed to secure an area to show off our Monsters. I thought I'd book us a pitch and get some free tickets but the rules seem to show that you can only show if your bike is over 25 years old so I have emailed them to find out - watch this space!

https://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/2018-motorcycle-megameet-event

chris yeatman
30-07-2018, 10:18 AM
I get the feeling it's probably not the same person that used to organise it....

Liz
30-07-2018, 11:57 AM
I get the feeling it's probably not the same person that used to organise it....

You're right Chris, it's a different person to contact so we'll see if they want us!

Char
30-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Same day as the DOC Italian Bristol show ...they're showing the Moto GP there and having a 25 year anniversary display of Monsters :flag:

Mr Gazza
30-07-2018, 06:11 PM
One of the Norfolk shows put an age limit on the bikes this year.
As a result the bikes in the car park were far more interesting than those on show!

I'd be supporting Bristol if I wus in that part of the world.

Darkness
30-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Same day as the DOC Italian Bristol show ...they're showing the Moto GP there and having a 25 year anniversary display of Monsters :flag:

Any idea what the anniversary display is?

Char
30-07-2018, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Darkness;558199]Any idea what the anniversary display is?[/QUOTE

https://ibb.co/iTQBeT

Darkness
30-07-2018, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Darkness;558199]Any idea what the anniversary display is?[/QUOTE

https://ibb.co/iTQBeT

Oh, a 25th anniversary display of Ducati Monsters!

Which is.......? :biggrin:

Nickj
30-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Bristol looks more tempting to me

Saturday 18th is also the Bristol bikeshow sown in St Niicks market area

mickj
31-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Bristol looks more tempting to me

Saturday 18th is also the Bristol bikeshow sown in St Niicks market area.

As long as it's dry I shall be at both shows, hope to meet up with some members from here.

Char
31-07-2018, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=Char;558202]

Oh, a 25th anniversary display of Ducati Monsters!

Which is.......? :biggrin:

a display is all it said on the poster on FB and Ducati forum

Liz
02-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Popham's out anyway, this is the reply! We've always had an area outside the main 'classic' bike tent and always attracted lots of nice comments - their loss!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your email that has been forwarded on to me. The Motorcycle Megameet is for Classic Bikes over 25 years old. We’ve had a few complaints over the last couple of years about people not adhering to this so we are being a bit stricter with it this year.

We would of course welcome you to come along as day visitors and I am happy to send you some complimentary tickets but unfortunately you wouldn't be allowed to display the bikes in the arena.

Kind regards,

Gail

uksurfer
05-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Ooooh, I won’t be attending then - I wonder if the brough machines will still get a pitch?

Martin Duke
05-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Popham's out anyway, this is the reply! We've always had an area outside the main 'classic' bike tent and always attracted lots of nice comments - their loss!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your email that has been forwarded on to me. The Motorcycle Megameet is for Classic Bikes over 25 years old. We’ve had a few complaints over the last couple of years about people not adhering to this so we are being a bit stricter with it this year.

We would of course welcome you to come along as day visitors and I am happy to send you some complimentary tickets but unfortunately you wouldn't be allowed to display the bikes in the arena.

Kind regards, Gail

I had noticed the change this year - it does look as if a different person is responsible for the organisation. Last year was not so good - we were directed to a Ducati area on the outside of the main arena, unfortunately the designated area was far too small and was partly filled with overspill from the Triumph owners club and difficult to access! The space we used to have
adjacent to the marquee was excellent. Oh well, c'est la vie!

I'll make the two Bristol events this year instead!

Cheers, Martin