PDA

View Full Version : Motolegends

Flip
21-07-2018, 02:17 PM
This is really about the dealer as much as it is about the kit I bought a short while ago.

Firstly, I love riding in jeans when the weather's this hot but as I get older and with a young family I do sometimes think 'what if?'

It's usually not for long otherwise none of us would even get on two wheels but all the same I can't help thinking how much nicer it is riding in jeans rather than leather when the weather is this good- when I was in my twenties I ONLY ever rode in ordinary jeans.

So anyway, for a while now I have thought about getting a pair of the new wave of single layer aramid fibre mix jeans and so a trip up to Guildford to the Motolegends store was planned to take a look at some as they claim to have the largest stock of the various (and somewhat confusing initially) types available.

No longer are they the kind where there is a kind of 'long john' layer tacked into a normal pair of denims but a proper mix of fibres giving anything between two and seven seconds of slide time (leather is around four apparently and remember it isn't often you would slide on just one point of contact).

So I settled on a pair from Spidi, they look like regular jeans so are great when you park up, they come with CE approved armour already fitted with nice discreet little zips allowing their removal when it's time to wash them and the best thing is the lovely people at Motolegends not only have a motorcycle in store to allow you to get the feel and fit right they also offer a free alteration service and post them out to you when they're done- in my case they arrived at my door two days later!!

Go check them out and if you're in the market for something similar, if you can go visit them- you even get great coffee and motorcycle shaped shortbread while you browse the shop.

https://www.motolegends.com/

damien666
21-07-2018, 07:08 PM
They have some great wallet emptying things on the website.
Sounds like a great shop. If only they were closer.
On second thoughts, it’s maybe a good job they aren’t!

Moco1961
22-07-2018, 05:18 AM
Did the very same thing last weekend Flip, for the same reasons too! I got mine from j& s motorcycles, who are good but no alteration service offered like moto legends.

Buying mail order , which is what I would have to do if I used moto legends,is a risky one, especially on the jeans .I tried half a dozen different makes/sizes until I found a pair that when in riding position the knee protection actually covered my knee !!!:thumbsup:

Flip
22-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Did the very same thing last weekend Flip, for the same reasons too! I got mine from j& s motorcycles, who are good but no alteration service offered like moto legends.

Buying mail order , which is what I would have to do if I used moto legends,is a risky one, especially on the jeans .I tried half a dozen different makes/sizes until I found a pair that when in riding position the knee protection actually covered my knee !!!:thumbsup:

I completely get what you're saying about trying on lots of pairs to find the right style and fit but one thing I will say about Motolegends great service is that they offer 365 day returns so you could order a few pairs and return the ones that weren't right.

Another thing from my personal experience was, being fairly short in the leg I chose a pair where the armour is fitted in with Velcro and therefore the position is adjustable to get it right on my knees. In addition to having around five inches taken off the length as the Spidi ones only come in one length.

But again, even where the armour is fitted into pouches on other makes a visit to the shop will have them altering the pouch position if needed in order to get the fit right for the customer.

I guess once you look at the price being for protective motorcycle wear rather than just a pair of jeans it makes more sense to go to the trouble of getting them right.

uncle duke
22-07-2018, 03:40 PM
I emailed them to check on a glove size & after they replied next day the price had gone up by £20 !

Dirty
22-07-2018, 08:22 PM
I found a pair that when in riding position the knee protection actually covered my knee !!!:thumbsup:

I'm after a pair that when in the crash position the protection covers my knee :mand:

bobbertandsammy
22-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Bought a few helmets from them before and had great service. Wish they were in more locations.

Pedro
23-07-2018, 08:39 AM
This weather combined with the heat the 1200R kicks out makes jeans the only option for me, leathers would be unbearable

I’ve had Draggin and Red Route Kevlar lined demin jeans in the past but found them still rather warm. Having also lost about 10kg in weight a new pair were needed. Opted for some Ducati Dainese jeans from Moto Rapido, Kevlar is woven in rather than a separate liner, top quality and fit.

Btw I have about 4 pairs of Kevlar jeans in good condition if anyone is interested. 36 in waist

Nasher
05-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Yep, Motolegends:thumbsup:

Nasher