PDA

View Full Version : M620 seat

pooh
09-06-2018, 11:46 PM
Hi folks
I’m looking for a standard 620 seat base not really bothered about the cover as long as the cowl threads are intact.

Ian

Mr Gazza
10-06-2018, 07:38 AM
All the seat bases are the same part number up to the 695.
There was a change of catch design around 1999 but the two catches are interchangeable, the base remained the same.

The frontal area mating to the tank will be trimmed differently according to year, but post 2002, one size fits all.

Darkness
10-06-2018, 09:16 AM
There are a few different seat foam heights, but if changing the cover it shouldn’t be too hard to go higher or lower.

Jez900ie
10-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Hi Pooh a quick request!

As you have a 620, could you take a clear pic of the underside of your tank so that we can compile a collection and be able to identify metal fuel tanks when they go on sale?

If you could post it to this thread
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=56532&highlight=tank it would help !

Thanks matey.

pooh
10-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Jez900ie
Unfortunately as with any Monster i have anything to do with it hasn’t got the original tank fitted I am using a later plastic one on it at present as I managed to flatten the metal one when I borrowed the bike from my wife, and yes she still hasn’t let me forget it.

When I get a minute I will trawl through my photos of the various mods and see if I can find anything.

My M900ie is also on a plastic tank.

Gasa
its the two brass inserts for fixing the seat cover I’ve got a problem with both are rotating in the plastic.

Ian