PDA

View Full Version : Battery capacity

histomick
13-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Anybody else have problems with limited battery capacity!. My bike does has an alarm fitted (although it is not supposed to put too much of a drain on the battery). If I leave the bike for any length of time (say a couple of weeks) and have trouble starting it up, as I recently did during the really cold period, then a couple of days later try and start it up again but this time low and behold not enough power to even turn it over!.
Any body else having trouble with crap battery capacity?.

Mand
13-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Yes I do, I've spoken to the dealers and they are going to send me a new one under warranty.

The chap didn't seem surprised - is that worrying?

Drucilla
13-03-2004, 06:57 PM
I swear by my optimate, trickle charges the battery all the time its plugged in, especially good if you don't ride the bike for a while.

CK & AK
13-03-2004, 06:58 PM
seems these thing are sent to try us:eek:

my bike - 6 weeks old, have already requested new clocks as present ones fogged up - cant be seen after 5 mins of riding, seat catch coming 'adrift' - AK has has to 'sort' catch (3 times), and the worst thing is there is more paint dropping off the underside of the engine.... deja vu???? :confused: (for those who didnt know - had the same probs with last bike, tho not in such a short space of time, took months - not 5 rides!!!!!!!) Hence why wasnt keen to take it out today, as am awaiting response from dealer & Ducati UK:( :( :mad: :mad:

C

BoozyBOB
13-03-2004, 07:05 PM
:eek: :eek: not the flaking paint again C,....hope you have a quicker,better responce from Ducati this time...good luck..

spacemonkey
13-03-2004, 09:29 PM
My battery is like a wet lettuce after a week or so. I am considering getting one of those Yuasa Super MF (now what do you suppose that stands for??) sealed jobbies. Allegedly more power etc etc....

jason cursley
14-03-2004, 06:37 AM
I have exactly same problem. I have to trickle charge the battery if it's not going to be used for more than a week.

I have read that Ducati wanted to make a 916 engined Monster many years ago, the one prob was they needed a massive feck off battery to crank the engine. So they've had to wait until battery technology moved on. Even now the battery on our bikes are right on the limit, so it needs to be kept in tip top condition.

steve lomas
14-03-2004, 07:42 AM
18 month old 620 with Meta alarm. No problems only charged battery once after leaving for 8 weeks. bike kept in very cold garage or outside. (treat em mean)

Steve