PDA

View Full Version : S4R carbon fibre hugger

histomick
13-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Just fitted my S4R carbon fibre hugger, not as straight forward as a I hoped it would be!. The pre drilled holes were not quite in the right place and therefore needed a bit of modification, also had to sand off a portion of the carbon fibre where it came into close contact with the swing arm welds/attachment point on exhaust side. The instructions provided said to remove (and leave off) the plastic clips that hold the brake and speedo cables in position on the swing arm, I found it necessary to kept one of these plastic clips in its oringinal position (the one nearest the front sproket) to be able to fit the hugger. Apart from that it was a doddle!, and it looks good too. Anybody else fitted their's yet?.
I have also done a tail chop (SpareShack kit), looks so much better without the dinner tray on the back, and I fitted the original reflector to the number plate holder (which covers up the visable holes on the holder).
I have fitted the full Arrow titanium system, which looks especially tasty with the "tail chop" as the cans are reletively short compared to other manufacturers. The cans have removable legal baffles fitted, which sound great, remove the baffles and they do not really sound any louder, just deeper!.
Has any of the other S4R owners out there done anything similar?.