PDA

View Full Version : My name is Alan and I like cake and Ducati motorcycles

FatAlan
24-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Hi all,

My name is Alan. I live in Grimsby and I have a collection of parts that do not quite make a motorcycle. The parts will all eventually be attached to an S4 Monster that I have and missing parts will eventually be sourced.

This will not be a quick build but as I will probably spend long evenings reading things on the forum I felt it was only right to say hello.

Thanks again,

Alan

bigredduke
24-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Good evening and welcome from north of the river!

FatAlan
24-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Good evening and welcome from north of the river!

Thank you very much! :)

Jez900ie
24-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Good evening and welcome from the west near another river.

I hope you find all the parts easily and inexpensively to complete your S4.

Darkness
24-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Greetings from a river neither North nor West! ��

Mr Gazza
24-05-2018, 09:55 PM
I like cake too.. Welcome to UK Munchers Of Cake.. :mand:

dk1six
26-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Can't go wrong with cake...
I'm also an S4 owner good luck with it and welcome!!

FatAlan
26-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Wow.. quite a welcome.. even from somebody the other side of the river! :)

I'm feeling a little better now I've encountered a lot more information on the s4. Paying for what is essentially some bike bits is always a bit worrying but after a few days of working things out I'm feeling a little better.

There are some truly beautiful bikes on this group. I've spent quite a while having a look around. It looks like a monster has to be done properly.. no half jobs allowed by the looks of it!

I've discovered that most of the bits I need are available off other Ducati bikes making the part sourcing a little easier. Not cheaper but certainly easier. As my wife points out - if I wanted cheap bits I should have got a 125. I guess she's right!

Thanks again all. Really appreciate the welcome and words of encouragement.

Jez900ie
26-05-2018, 04:48 PM
I guess she's always right!

Guess! You haven't been married long then?

dk1six
26-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Guess! You haven't been married long then?

Well there's also the old cliche..."happy wife happy life"
I can't attest to it personally but...if you ask them they are right most of the time!!

dk1six
26-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Wow.. quite a welcome.. even from somebody the other side of the river! :)

Well I had a two pager on the welcome call so just passing it on a bit.

I'm going through a charging issue right now with my Foggy but I think I got it...seat time will tell.
Good luck with your S4. I've gotten pretty good at diagnosing my Ducati issues over the years and then of course there's the love that keeps you there.
I've had a lot of different brands over the years and pretty much purged the garage to get back to the Ducs and feel happy now...