PDA

View Full Version : Biker Down course in Norfolk

Mr Gazza
10-05-2018, 09:17 PM
The Biker Down Courses run by the Fire Service, have come to Norfolk.

See their faceplant page here.. https://www.facebook.com/events/302532196949658/permalink/302532206949657/

If, like me you can't be arsed with faceplant, you can email them on bikerdown@fire.norfolk.gov.uk

The first 3 hour course is on 18th of June at 1800hrs at the training centre in Bowthorpe and is FREE.

Please book a place as soon as possible.

The courses are aimed at motorcyclists, they seek to inform and instruct on what you can do if you are the first on the scene of an accident.
They also provide many tips on how to avoid being the one in the accident!

This is life saving stuff.

I might possibly have had a little influence in bringing this to Norfolk, as I have discussed the idea many times with my BIL, who is a Station Officer, Paramedic and motorcyclist.
If his watches allow, he will be helping with the instruction on the 18th.

Hope you will come.

slob
11-05-2018, 10:12 AM
A bunch of us did this down in Ashford, it was an interesting evening.

Mr Gazza
11-05-2018, 06:09 PM
I'm very pleased that at least one person I ride out with knows how to get my helmet off properly and fish my tongue out of my throat.
Not sure about the Velcro effect with the beards though if the kiss of life was needed....just let me die...:chuckle:

StevieL
11-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Have emailed them to book a place if possible, sounds like time well spent.
Atb Steve.

Mr Gazza
11-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Well done Stevie.
I had my place confirmed today... Let's get a good crowd to this one.

Mr Gazza
18-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Just had a smashing evening with the fire service in Bowthorpe.
Learned lots, met some cool people and had some fun too.

It was the first of it's kind in Norfolk, so members of the Suffolk fire service were there to lend support and show off their Fire Bikes. Andy Micklethwaite was also there taking pictures in his official capacity as Norfolk's road safety officer and StevieL's brother in law.. :mand:

The pictures are probably destined for the County Council's website and also the Norfolk Suffolk Rider magazine, so glad I had a UKMOC T-shirt on.

This first event was soon fully booked, so they arranged another for next Monday, which also sold out quickly.
More dates will be forth coming. I will keep you informed.
I really urge you to try and get on one of these free courses... Very good indeed.

Mr Gazza
22-08-2018, 04:56 PM
In a burst of missionary zeal, I have booked a special session of Biker Down.
My new pals in the local branch of the Norton Owners Club have already half filled the places. There are plenty more left.
Please come along and bring your friends, family and neighbours, for an entertaining and informative evening.

The session is FREE as usual and includes refreshments at half time.

It is on Monday 24th sept 6pm to 9pm.
At Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service
Training & Development Centre
Barnard Road. Bowthorpe.
NR5 9JB

Please let me know if you are coming and how many you are bringing as there are strictly only 20 places (Fire regulations I would imagine?)

Mr Gazza
05-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Last few places for this still available.
Contact me ASAP to book.