PDA

View Full Version : small print

Drucilla
12-03-2004, 03:04 PM
small print

Friends popped round today, she had just renewed her bike insurance with Bennetts and having read a letter in the MCN decided to check the small print.

Small print said

NOT INSURED TO TAKE PILLION PASSENGERS

They rang up to ask how much extra it was to have pillion passengers included and it is no extra charge. But, of course if you haven't specified this on your policy then you are not insured for your pillion if you have an accident.

Bit worrying this I think, could you imagine them trying the same on car policies.

Anyone else heard of similar?

Julie
12-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Yeah I found that. when Ruthie didnt have a bike she was always my pillion I had to get extra insurance for a pillion. So next time my renual is due it should be alittle cheaper...The small print on my insurance says that I cant ride to work. I asked how much extra it would cost and it would be about £75 a year. Just for the odd day in the summer when i fancy riding to work.

Its pants

Mand
12-03-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm with Bennetts, and when I got the Monster, they asked me loads of questions about pillions, work, inside leg measurement etc. etc. I was amazed at how many questions they did ask! Alex had the same with his bike. Strange.......!

Like you say Nat, I just think you have to be extra careful.