PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler alert ... BSB season opener, Donington.

utopia
04-04-2018, 12:09 PM
What a result.
And I'm actually not hugely surprised.
But still shocked.

It was obvious a couple of years ago, I think in a one make, young 'uns series, that he had something special.
The style just oozes confidence and control.
You can just feel it, watching.
I had my eye on him last season in his first BSB year.

Top rides from Bradley Ray. :thumbsup:

If he has the nerve to win the championship this year, I think he has the talent.

Both races are on youtube, if you haven't seen them.

buzzbomb
04-04-2018, 04:14 PM
ITV4 tonight at 8.00pm.
Enjoy.

alan s4
04-04-2018, 05:38 PM
I was really pleased for Ellison in race one, he's always been the nearly man for so long. Wonder how Brookes is feeling having swapped over to the factory team:o It's going to be a cracking season.

slob
04-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Sideshow Bob... he was coaching a Moto3 rider in our box at Cartagena in December, we had no idea who he was... or how talented!

Albie
04-04-2018, 06:27 PM
I was really pleased for Bradley egging him to stay on and in front if he could. Purely as he is a Kentie alike Shane (but he really lives in Spain) but because he is young and determined to do well.. Really thought Shakey might have nabbed race one but he made mistakes that cost him dear. Must be hard for Bradley with glasses in the rain so admiration from me and he has a lead already of 19 points. Early days but who knows.

350TSS
04-04-2018, 07:41 PM
He certainly gave the series pre season favourites a riding lesson. His line into and through Redgate and down Craner was poetry in motion, he was pinching about a foot of pit lane exit on the way in every lap. He was very smooth but still aggressive and not phased when the bike moved underneath him.
I also have watched for him since he was on 125s – he contested the Spanish CEV as well as the BSB races that year and was riding against (and beating) Johann Mir last year’s Moto3 world Champion.
I think he is world class already.
Shakey (also still a world class rider) will probably still win the BSB championship this year but I think he will have to dig very deep. The Suzuki also looks to be a competitive package.

utopia
04-04-2018, 07:54 PM
In addition to his riding talent, he always seems to have confidence in his set-up.
Whether that's his own good feedback or just good work from the crew I dunno, but I suspect it probably has to be both.

There was another guy who's name began with B.
That's all I dare say.

Albie
04-04-2018, 08:03 PM
In addition to his riding talent, he always seems to have confidence in his set-up.
Whether that's his own good feedback or just good work from the crew I dunno, but I suspect it probably has to be both.

There was another guy who's name began with B.
That's all I dare say.

Did he make umpteen things clean

utopia
04-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Might have.

Shhhhh. ;)

MerlinPV12
05-04-2018, 01:48 PM
There have been other young guns who have kicked off with double race wins, and then gradually slid back for one reason or another. However, I do think that Brad is capable of keeping Leon, Shakey etc all very much on their toes. Race 1 was impressive, but he was on another level in race 2, a real pleasure to watch. That Suzuki is also looking very well sorted and quick... roll on Brands for more of the same!