PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk, April Breakfast.

Mr Gazza
03-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Sorry about the short notice this month... it's come round quickly because last months meet was later.

Let's head for the Coast again and try The Sea View café at West Runton.
One of Norfolk's more traditional seaside Cafes that can't be accused of moving with the times.. :chuckle: It's all about location though. Just a few strides from Norfolk's finest fossil hunting grounds, if you fancy a stroll down the beach.

Sea View Café is at the end of Water Lane... If you go too far you'll get wet feet!
Water lane is easy to miss for the uninitiated, so I've put a picture up to help... Plenty of clues there, just follow the white car between the flint walls.

Sea View Café, Water Lane , West Runton. 10am Sunday 8th April.

https://s17.postimg.org/quj2tzj73/Water_Lane_West_Runton.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

uncle duke
04-04-2018, 07:32 AM
Hi Gazza i'm out of hibernation now & free on sunday BUT i've got to get my old TR6 Tiger finished & on the road & sunday is probably the only day i have to do it..shame as theres nothing better than a ride out to the Nth Norfolk coast to clear away the cobwebs ...sorry but there's always May unless the meet up clashes with the NW200...
roger

Kingfisher88
05-04-2018, 08:46 PM
I'll try and pop up if the weather's nice. Is this the one down a ptiny lane and then a steep ramp?

Mr Gazza
05-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Good to hear from you again Uncle Duke. It'll be nice to see you if you can make it... The May meet will be on the 13th.

They do say it will be wet on Sunday Kingfisher, but the best weather forecast is always a look out of the window on the day in question. Let's wait and see.
Yes it is at the end of the single track lane, right in a big notch in the cliffs, the track goes down a ramp, as you say, down to the beach.
Hope you can make it.

Mr Gazza
07-04-2018, 07:58 PM
I don't believe it! Just checked the weather forecast and it looks like I might be getting the bike out tomorrow... Woo hoo!!

Forgot to say.. Might be an idea to bring a puck or something to put your stand on, as West Runton is made of sand.

dacs
08-04-2018, 12:32 PM
"Sea View Café is at the end of Water Lane..."
You might like to try somewhere called Sunshine Drive next month?

Mr Gazza
08-04-2018, 01:20 PM
Noted dacs.

It was certainly wall to wall squelchy grey this morning. The waves couldn't even be arsed to break on the beach!
Good to see you again all the same.

I was wrong about the Café not moving with the times... They seem to have priced everything for the next millennium!