PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Jimbo4
02-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Hello all, just to introduce myself and my bike. Names Jim, having tried benelli, moto morini, mv, and moto guzzi I bought my first Ducati a 1100s from seastarsuperbikes at the end of January. Only managed about 80 miles since then because of the weather we are having. Really liking it so far though. Termis sound fantastic. Only minor niggles, one was the tall gearing. Which I hope I have resolved with a 14t front sprocket. The other is, I would like a nicer looking seat. Does anyone have one for sale? If not could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks. Jim.

Mr Gazza
02-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Hello Jim and welcome to the club.

I'm afraid I don't know too much about these new fangled Monsters, so I can't help you on the seat.
However we do meet up fairly regularly in Norfolk and have the odd run out, so kjeep an eye out for posts in the Norfolk section.
I can add you to my club email list if you wish, keep you up to date with meets coming up. (just drop me a PM with your email address)

You sound like a committed latinophile! I had a 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 sport and I really like the look of the new (ish) Milano... What Morini did you have?

Darkness
02-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Hi Jim and welcome.

Jimbo4
02-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. I'll be in touch about the Norfolk meets. Nice one. Yeh, I've had a few different Marques. Not got the dosh to keep more than one bike tho which is a shame. Ha ha. Italian bike wise. I've had a benelli tornado. A moto guzzi v11 cafe sport. Two 2v grisos, a 750 brutale and a moto morini corsaro 1200. The engine on that thing was incredible. I've had a few jap and Brit bikes too as well as a buell which was good but I've definitely come to the conclusion that I prefer an Italian twin and the monster seems to make all its power where I need it, and sounds superb too.

Grumpy
02-04-2018, 09:42 PM
Welcome aboard.
Hopefully you can make a Norfolk meet soon.
What was your impression of the griso. Mine was purchased new in '07, a 2V model. Love it. It's one of the best all round bikes I've owned.
The club has an annual bash, which is being held this year in Bedfordshire. Why not join in.....http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=55793

Jimbo4
03-04-2018, 03:26 PM
I really liked the Griso. I had 2 of the 2v. A 57 plate in black and an 06 in red. Bags of character just enough power. I would have had the 4v version if it wasn’t for the soft cam issues.

TonyG
18-04-2018, 04:56 PM
I had a 4v Griso. Thought it was fantastic, but got put off by all the stories of the flat tappets self destructing, so sold it back to the dealer. About a year later it became official that the valve trains were ****e and there was an official roller conversion. Other than that it was great, but I wouldn't swap back from my 1100s to one.

ChrisC2925
18-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jim. Is the Scole Inn still open? I used to have regular meetings there when I worked at Russell Davies 25 years ago - they asked me to go to East Anglia to 3 weeks to shut the Diss depot and I was there for 18 months! Still have very fond memories of my time down there it's a great part of the world.

Jimbo4
18-04-2018, 08:07 PM
It is. Ironically I was there the other day Chris on an electrical fault. It's now called "verve" or something similar. Looks a nice place tho.