PDA

View Full Version : Brembo reservoir gasket

Mr Gazza
02-04-2018, 09:51 AM
https://s17.postimg.org/3nxb4uv73/reservior_gasket.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Hello. I wonder if anyone has a spare rubber gasket for a remote brake reservoir they would sell me?

It can be perforated in the middle, so long as it seals around the edge under the lid.
I would like an old one to use on an old cap that Darren69 kindly send me to drill for a hose fitting for pressure bleeding. The middle of the gasket will need to be cut away to let the fluid through.

I will be in touch with Moto Rapido tomorrow, but I think I will need to buy the whole shooting match, seal, cap and screws... That's a bit strong for a bit of rubber to cut up!.. Obviously I would cut my old one and use the new one.

Slightly connected... I am also in the market for a RH calliper for another project. preferably a Goldline four pot in serviceable order or the earlier version possibly.
I will probably polish or paint the body, so condition is immaterial to some extent. Good bores and pistons would be nice though.. :mand:

Thanks for looking my friends.. :mand:

Darren69
02-04-2018, 06:15 PM
I think you're right Gazza, I don't think the rubber part is available without the rest of the bits (is a service kit) so they probably expect you change it all. Would a rubber o ring of the correct diameter not be suitable? If you just want to seal it up?

Mr Gazza
02-04-2018, 06:44 PM
I don't think an O-ring would do it Darren. I think it would leak air past the screw holes.

I've managed to cut down one of the rubber washers in the Gunson easibleed kit and got the Clutch/rear brake cap operable, but there isn't one big enough for the front brake master.
I'm sure I've seen a bit of neoprene sheet lying around somewhere, but not sure if I imagined that?

Mr Gazza
03-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Located a bit of rubber sheet at work today, so forgot to contact Moto Rapido and consequently don't know if the rubber reservoir seal is available separately.
Should be out of the woods now though.

I'm still interested in a Calliper if anyone has one going spare please.

utopia
04-04-2018, 02:04 AM
I find that surgical scissors (long handles, short, pointy blades) are best for cutting out sheet rubber gaskets.
Possibly hard to find, but I saw some in an angling shop the other day, along with similar forceps.
Random info, but might be handy .. for future too perhaps ?
Mine came from a dissecting kit that I had to buy for bio studies, years ago.
They're dead handy and I've used them loads.

Nottsbiker
04-04-2018, 09:32 AM
I've just bought a pair of Brembo reservoirs from Ducati from a 1200R for my M900 with RCS master cylinders and the complete set up was £80 for pots, lids, screws, brackets (what I really needed) and rubber mounts.

When I looked on ebay it was £75 for a pair of smoked pots shipped with no mounts.

I therefore assume your seal will be part of the lid (mine will be) but that one pot on its own was only 20 quid-ish