PDA

View Full Version : M750 Exhausts

Miky
30-03-2018, 02:31 PM
As above really. I’m after a pair of low level cans for my M750 please.

slob
30-03-2018, 02:33 PM
stock or aftermarket?

Miky
30-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Sorry, should have said. I’m after aftermarket cans. Similar as original shape.
Moto Rapido have a L/H Termi on their eBay page, shame the R/H isn't available

Miky
03-04-2018, 08:36 PM
It would appear second hand Termis are rarer than rocking horse s*#t

Albie
03-04-2018, 09:29 PM

loads in usa and japan.But prices high

Miky
03-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Thanks Albie.
You looking anywhere specific for them or just through eBay?

slob
03-04-2018, 10:57 PM

yes, I think you'll find almost as many similar carbon cans with termi stickers and the real thing out there.

Nottsbiker
04-04-2018, 09:36 AM
I've gone with some generic after market cans on mine that are carbon fibre and approx. three quarters the length of the stock ones. Ebay bargain at £160 the pair delivered only ever fitted to the previous owners bike never ran so keep your eyes open and jump on the by it now button as soon as you spot them!

For the headers I'm using Silmotor in stainless steel which are slightly larger bore than stock and have additional balance pipes rather than the Ducati X arrangement. IIRC these cost around £600 delivered from Germany. Expensive but workmanship and looks make them worth it ;)

Miky
10-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Is it possible these are genuine?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/MONSTER-S4-MS4-TERMIGNONI-OVAL-Titanium-Slip-On-Muffler-M900ie-M1000ie-yyy-/263589068055

Jez900ie
10-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Its a long way and a lot of postage to return them if you find they're a poor fake. I'd be sure to pay with paypal!

Miky
10-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Its a long way and a lot of postage to return them if you find they're a poor fake. I'd be sure to pay with paypal!

Thats a very good point. How can I get them to prove they are genuine?

For that money I could just purchase Mivv Ovals but there does not seem to be much feedback about them on here.

Albie
10-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Is it possible these are genuine?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/MONSTER-S4-MS4-TERMIGNONI-OVAL-Titanium-Slip-On-Muffler-M900ie-M1000ie-yyy-/263589068055

I tell you what they look nice don't they. They are a very good copy if not. From what I remember don't quote me if I am wrong but they would be stamped on the bands if were termi and whether not used for road. My titanium hi levels were stamped but covered by a sticker for non view..

Darren69
10-04-2018, 06:16 PM
They look pukka to me, but what a price? I just gave a set of these away, practically. They were for the 50mm low level full s4 system so they wouldn't have fitted the standard monster 45mm headers anyway, and they were quite shabby but titanium sleeved and those look like the might be ally sleeves but its hard to tell.

Darren69
10-04-2018, 06:19 PM
No,looking at the pics again more closely I think they are titanium ones, so likely to be the genuine article.

Mr Gazza
10-04-2018, 06:21 PM
They do say the material is Stainless Steel/Titanium.
You have to be careful though as sometimes "Titanium" is just the colour.

Darren69
10-04-2018, 06:33 PM
You're right Gazza and the the translation can be unclear and that's what I was looking for but the welded seams to appear to have the titanium multicolour which look the same as the set I just sold.

Miky
10-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Well they may have to wait now.
Just washed the bike after getting back from a weekend trip on it to find gunk in the oil sight window and oil filler cap.

Thank you for all your feedback though, I will contact the seller and see what I can arrange as I really would like them if possible.

Darren69
10-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Uh, oh that doesn't sound too good! If its white and creamy then its just moisture in the oil that needs to escape. There are fixes for that.

Miky
10-04-2018, 07:15 PM
Uh, oh that doesn't sound too good! If its white and creamy then its just moisture in the oil that needs to escape. There are fixes for that.

It’s slightly pink as it’s Motul I only topped up on the Thursday before leaving

Miky
10-04-2018, 07:32 PM
I’ll try and get a pic up in a second

Miky
10-04-2018, 08:05 PM
Added a new thread in technical so not to change direction of this thread

Darkness
10-04-2018, 08:09 PM
If it's white and frothy, it's probably just mayonnaise: a mixture of oil and water.
Don't put it on your burgers though as it's not the same as Helmans without the eggs.
To get rid of it you need to get the engine properly warm. Not easy in this weather if you've got an oil cooler fitted. Try searching the forum for some interesting descriptions of experiments with radiator muffs.

Miky
10-04-2018, 08:12 PM
If it's white and frothy, it's probably just mayonnaise: a mixture of oil and water.
Don't put it on your burgers though as it's not the same as Helmans without the eggs.
To get rid of it you need to get the engine properly warm. Not easy in this weather if you've got an oil cooler fitted. Try searching the forum for some interesting descriptions of experiments with radiator muffs.

Just added pictures to thread in technical if you wouldn't mind casting you eyes over them?

Miky
12-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Has anyone got experience of Mivv exhausts?
I need to decide if the termis are worth the extra cash if the Mivvs are decent units.

Dukedesmo
12-04-2018, 07:20 PM
They do say the material is Stainless Steel/Titanium.
You have to be careful though as sometimes "Titanium" is just the colour.

If they are genuine Termi (and they look to be) then they'll be stainless pipes & bands with titanium cans.

Miky
12-04-2018, 07:24 PM
If they are genuine Termi (and they look to be) then they'll be stainless pipes & bands with titanium cans.

Andy at Moto Rapido agreed they look to be genuine.

I’d love to own a pair to keep with the bikes era but I’ve seen the Mivv’s which look equally as nice.

Just be good to get some feedback of the Mivv’s before making a decision.

Dukedesmo
12-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Yes the pictures look genuine, however you never know if they're of the actual product or stock photos?

That said, coming from Japan I would say there is a much better chance of them being pukka than say China and I suppose you do have the Paypal refund facility if they're not as described, but you'll get charged VAT etc. by HMRC so factor in another 20% plus fees...

Miky
12-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Didnt think of the VAT - thanks for the heads up!

Darren69
12-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Those Termis do look to be genuine. You'd lose little to no money on them, I'm pretty sure. The MIVVS on the other hand might be as good but probably wouldn't hold their value like the Termis will.

Albie
12-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Nothing wrong with Mivvs at all. Look you can have them or Sil Moto again period as are Arrow. I had some Scorpions on my first Monster as bought then got a secondhand set of High level Sils then really wanted Termi's Its been my choice all the way through regardless of cost because I like the brand synominous with Ducati along its fame. That's not to say they now use others equally as good and often cheaper. You pays your money you takes your choice. Just don't fake exhausts like some do. They are silencers at the end of the day.

Darren69
12-04-2018, 08:30 PM
There really is no wrong or right answer. Period add ons are always good imho and may add some value. Termis were the official DP add on at the time, so you can't get more period than that. There's probably little to no difference in performance terms regardless of which ones you fit. I suppose certain brands have significance over others that are significant to the bike for the period. Eg Yam RD-Micron; Suzuki - Allspeed/Yoshimura; Kwak - Neta etc, etc you get the idea?

Miky
12-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Valid points indeed.

I definitely want as you say Albie stay synonymous with the Ducati brand, more importantly with the bikes era.

More digging required to see if I can get information on the buyer then.

Miky
12-04-2018, 08:34 PM
There really is no wrong or right answer. Period add ons are always good imho and may add some value. Termis were the official DP add on at the time, so you can't get more period than that. There's probably little to no difference in performance terms regardless of which ones you fit. I suppose certain brands have significance over others that are significant to the bike for the period. Eg Yam RD-Micron; Suzuki - Allspeed/Yoshimura; Kwak - Neta etc, etc you get the idea?

Absolutely Darren.

Power gains I hadn’t really thought of yet as long term plan is to get a better header, improve intake and then a power commander.

Albie
12-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Valid points indeed.

I definitely want as you say Albie stay synonymous with the Ducati brand, more importantly with the bikes era.

More digging required to see if I can get information on the buyer then.

You may or may not know I have spent almost 3 years putting a bike back to stock all but a few pieces like an ohlins rear shock but having stock exhausts is part of that too. Now saying that I would however and have been on the bidding war of some carbon Termis as were the brand in the day. I wont put others on because of that but if I am offered a set of good ones I would certainly fit them.
With you however you choose what suits your budget or floats your boat. Always a decent secondhand sales for good condition ones.

Darren69
12-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Power gains will be negligable regardless of which cans you fit, you may get some small improvement if you get it set up on a dyno with a dynojet kit to ensure the fueling is optomised. It will run better generally though once you remove the restrictive standard cans and standard airbox set up and the weight saving is considerable too.

You would get more torque with a full system that does away with the standard collector and headers altogether. Fit 50mm headers to improve the gas flow, the 900 engine will get the biggest benefits from such mods but the 750 is a much sweeter engine overall, its just not as tunable as the 900 as most of the parts are geared towards the 900 engine.

Darren69
12-04-2018, 09:43 PM
You may or may not know I have spent almost 3 years putting a bike back to stock all but a few pieces like an ohlins rear shock but having stock exhausts is part of that too. Now saying that I would however and have been on the bidding war of some carbon Termis as were the brand in the day. I wont put others on because of that but if I am offered a set of good ones I would certainly fit them.
With you however you choose what suits your budget or floats your boat. Always a decent secondhand sales for good condition ones.

Good God Albie has it been 3 years already? How the time flies by. I have followed your posts as it progressed and have enjoyed reading your updates. I did my Mirage complete resto in 18 months to 2 years and that seemed to drag on and on and drain my bank balance at the time.

That bike however was a complete wreck in about 6 boxes, I didn't even have the experience of taking it apart, which would have helped no end, only the frame had been powder coated and fresh paintwork for the tank etc pretty much everything else was either in bits or missing. £3500 later I had a really nice rideable bike which was far from the monster I imagined (or legend suggested) it would be. Its still a beast of a thing but not as scary as I expected. So I bought an S4 Fogarty, now thats one badass bike (for its time). The rest is history as they say. So I am still here now and loving the Monster.

Miky
14-04-2018, 06:33 PM
I may be wrong here but aftermarket headers for the 750 seem to be rarer than hens teeth.
Can you guys suggest a fabrication option or better still a place to purchase a ready made one?

Albie
14-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Good God Albie has it been 3 years already? How the time flies by. I have followed your posts as it progressed and have enjoyed reading your updates. I did my Mirage complete resto in 18 months to 2 years and that seemed to drag on and on and drain my bank balance at the time.

That bike however was a complete wreck in about 6 boxes, I didn't even have the experience of taking it apart, which would have helped no end, only the frame had been powder coated and fresh paintwork for the tank etc pretty much everything else was either in bits or missing. £3500 later I had a really nice rideable bike which was far from the monster I imagined (or legend suggested) it would be. Its still a beast of a thing but not as scary as I expected. So I bought an S4 Fogarty, now thats one badass bike (for its time). The rest is history as they say. So I am still here now and loving the Monster.
Yes pretty much next May. I did nothing almost for a year mind being a grandad helping out but then I also went back over some stuff too

Albie
14-04-2018, 06:52 PM
I may be wrong here but aftermarket headers for the 750 seem to be rarer than hens teeth.
Can you guys suggest a fabrication option or better still a place to purchase a ready made one?

Not really no. Most use stock and shine them up. Maybe Madashl or whatever his name is Does Desmo due race exhausts

Darkness
14-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Not really no. Most use stock and shine them up. Maybe Madashl or whatever his name is Does Desmo due race exhausts

Mad as 'ell [madasl]: http://www.madasl.co.uk/products.php

Miky
14-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Haha that’s brilliant, great website too.

Albie, your build is on my list of reads. I’m slowly trying to make my way through as many builds.

Darkness
14-04-2018, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking I should perhaps wrap my pair of low carbon Termi's in conservation tissue paper and put them away for the 50th anniversary of the Monster?

Miky
14-04-2018, 08:23 PM
I'm thinking I should perhaps wrap my pair of low carbon Termi's in conservation tissue paper and put them away for the 50th anniversary of the Monster?

If they are not being used.... would you be open to an offer??

Albie
14-04-2018, 09:45 PM
If they are not being used.... would you be open to an offer??

Get in the queue sunshine lol

Miky
15-04-2018, 06:42 AM
Get in the queue sunshine lol

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Darkness
15-04-2018, 06:51 AM
... would you be open to an offer??

'Fraid not as they are the period "upgrade" for my '93 which is still being rebuilt, albeit very slowly. :D

Albie
15-04-2018, 09:09 AM
'Fraid not as they are the period "upgrade" for my '93 which is still being rebuilt, albeit very slowly. :D

You wont finish it for an age best loan them to me then..:rolleyes:

Miky
19-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Do these look genuine guys?
I thought it was Sil Moto, not Sil Motor?
https://s31.postimg.cc/s09o34czf/s-l1600.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/bci60mi7r/)

Darkness
19-05-2018, 12:15 PM
They seem to use both spellings, so should be OK.
http://www.commoto.com/just-sil-moto-ducati-monster-600750900-94-99-slip/
If worried, you could always put Termi stickers on them.
:D:D

Jez900ie
19-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Do these look genuine guys?
I thought it was Sil Moto, not Sil Motor?
https://s31.postimg.cc/s09o34czf/s-l1600.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/bci60mi7r/)

My pipe is etched/ engraved with Sil Moto, but maybe its mine thats a fake! I wouldn't worry too much, if they're right price and good condition. Check the carbon tubes, they sometimes are soft.

Miky
19-05-2018, 07:00 PM
They seem to use both spellings, so should be OK.
http://www.commoto.com/just-sil-moto-ducati-monster-600750900-94-99-slip/
If worried, you could always put Termi stickers on them.
:D:D
Or convince you that yours would be happier being used till you’re ready for them??
My pipe is etched/ engraved with Sil Moto, but maybe its mine thats a fake! I wouldn't worry too much, if they're right price and good condition. Check the carbon tubes, they sometimes are soft.

When you say soft, you mean the can itsefl is supple? I did notice on others that Sil Moto is engraved at the rear facing end of the can. I’ll ask the seller the question

Jez900ie
19-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Yes, if the carbon has got too supple or seems a bit sticky the end cans are on the way out.

Sil Moto at the end is correct

https://s9.postimg.cc/4m9qyj3z3/sil.png (https://postimg.cc/image/5ojxh2msb/)

Miky
19-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Appreciate the heads up sir.

Miky
27-05-2018, 07:27 PM
I missed out on the bid for the Sil Moto’s by £2!!!!!!!!
Gutted.

The hunt continues.

Jez900ie
27-05-2018, 08:24 PM
I missed out on the bid for the Sil Moto’s by £2!!!!!!!!
Gutted.

The hunt continues.

S**t! I hate it when that happens

Miky
28-05-2018, 06:43 PM
I’m now looking at a pair of Ferracci’s but I’m not sure how to tell if they are genuine.
Could anyone offer some advice please?

FLATTOP
29-05-2018, 03:35 AM
Don’t dismiss a set of Bos cans if they pop up I had a pair on my old 900 they sounded great Termis all the way now though and baffles in the bin ��.

Mossleymonster
29-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Have you thought about Vipers? I used to have them on my 750, sounded great and were only about £150.... Now only £139 per side with the link pipe delivered, I know what I'd be doing.

https://www.fastbikebits.com/product/787/viper-round-race-exhaust-pipe/61b3149431d060ff28342dec5a7a3cbc

https://www.fastbikebits.com/shopimages/products/extras/race-can-round-alloy-big.jpg

Miky
31-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Just purchased a pair of CF FBF silencers. Just got to wait for them to get here now.

As soon as the new cans get here my originals will be up for sale if anyones interested.

Miky
01-06-2018, 05:56 AM
I’m now looking for OEM style exhaust hangers as the items I’ve bought do not have them.
Happy to get them fab’d if anyone can recommend someone that can do that?
Cheers