PDA

View Full Version : M1200s 2017

farl
27-03-2018, 08:27 PM
I've been lucky enough to have been given one of these as a loan bike whilst my Monster is in for a desmo service.

I was expecting to love the 'bike and was dreading having to resist buying one. However....

It's dreadful!

The seat is too low and the pegs are way too high. I'm getting cramp in my right calf! The quick shifter throws up false neutrals and there are huge pauses between gear changes. The seat places you too low and there's no room to move around.

It's a NO from me.

Albie
27-03-2018, 08:54 PM
I've been lucky enough to have been given one of these as a loan bike whilst my Monster is in for a desmo service.

I was expecting to love the 'bike and was dreading having to resist buying one. However....

It's dreadful!

The seat is too low and the pegs are way too high. I'm getting cramp in my right calf! The quick shifter throws up false neutrals and there are huge pauses between gear changes. The seat places you too low and there's no room to move around.

It's a NO from me.

I refused to try one when trading my 1100s in. I never wanted to hate or love it. What we have here is the very fact that one bike does not suit all in neither size or shape or power. We all are different. I went from s4 to 1100s when they came out. Not everyones cuppa tea then but I loved everything about it. It fiited me.
Same with the Scrambler and dare I say it but I know I will always prefer riding that to my M900 be it beautiful. It suits my mind state of easy to ride agile and comfy relaxed. M1100s was planted and ready for action and balls in the tank ache but would deffo want another if I had spare cash. I no doubt would find maybe something I liked in the new new monsters but I don't care for the shape now but love the 1200R.. I don't like though the 1100 scrambler look either.

Mossleymonster
27-03-2018, 11:03 PM
I have an 1100s I'm done.