PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pipes M900

SteveG
13-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Anyone got a good recommended supplier of replacement pipes and fittings? Not looking for bling or colours- just shiny stainless to replace my tired ones.

Cheers

Steve

Albie
13-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Hard to find you may need custom made . Mine I got replated.

Mr Gazza
13-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Steve, look out for Hypermotard oil lines.
Thread here http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=50829&highlight=timing+side

look at post #25

utopia
14-03-2018, 12:24 AM
Definitely recommend the Hyper lines if you're buying some anyway.
Much cleaner looks and belt changes are massively simplified as getting the covers off used to be the hardest part.

Nottsbiker
14-03-2018, 07:00 AM
Still cheaper to get custom made.

I wanted a set of Hyper ones and 99% of folk have cottoned onto the fact we are after them and are now charging silly money for used stock parts. I was quoted £75 plus post for some recently but I'd sooner put my money towards new parts.

Luxexterior
14-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Replaced the standard oil cooler lines on my Monster last year because the fittings were looking tatty. I bought a set of Fren Tubo pipes from Stein Dinse, they cost around the same, or maybe slightly cheaper depending on the type of fittings, as OEM but look to be slightly better in terms of quality. After 12 months use the top set of fittings are as new, the lower set were a little discoloured however 30 seconds with with a cloth & some Autosol brought them up nicely.

I bought a set with the standard fittings mistakenly thinking that the fittings were stainless but they are also available in a variety of finishes, the anodised black looking particually nice.