PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Ricky.

utopia
13-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Thought I'd start you a new thread as the other one got swallowed up.

So, hi.
Its been ages.
Holy crap, must be five years.
But I hear you've been busy.
New wife, new house, new bikes, even an extra wheel.
Still got the 620 too, I'm told, but sniffing for an S4, they say.

Must get over sometime.
I've always fancied a roadrace trip.
We'd be sure to look you up.
Anyone fancy it ? ...(serious suggestion)

ps. just in case you're :scratch: ..... we haven't met. :ukm:

ricky
13-03-2018, 08:09 PM
Lol. Now thats a reply!!! Ur more than welcome anytime..
Here are the roadrace dates https://roadracingnews.co.uk/nine-race-schedule-for-2018-irish-road-race-championships/

Albie
13-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Cant remember where I saw you last Maybe arrow mill or a track day if you did that. But I remember you.

Pedro
13-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Ahhh the wee leprechaun returns!

Hello mate, how’s you?

Ped

Grumpy
13-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Must get over sometime.
I've always fancied a roadrace trip.
We'd be sure to look you up.
Anyone fancy it ? ...(serious suggestion):

Me and the other half, were in NI a couple of weeks ago, Heather wanted to visit the Giants Causeway. I've been before, was over for the NW200 6 years ago, plus use to go there as a kid ( I was born in Belfast.....awaiting the usual comments!)
We drove round the NW200 circuit , Heather was amazed at course and the sort of speeds attained by the racers.
Anyway, I fancy watching some racing this year, how about the Ulster GP. 5th -11th of August. Go over on the Wed or Thursday back on the Sunday (8/9th-12th)

SteveG
13-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Proper thread... hello Ricky!

And Utopia... that road race suggestions interesting. With luck won’t have to blag the top bunk in your room if we meet up again... ! Who says this forum ain’t friendly???

ricky
13-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Hi ya pedro albie and every1 else!! Yeh albie think we met arrow mill 2006! Scary to think thats 12years ago now! Would b awesome to see u guys over here!!! Theres a ferry service called Nutt travel that do deals!

alan s4
14-03-2018, 06:59 AM
I couple of years back I did the NW200 in a day, admittedly from a Glasgow start point! Ferry from Stranraer to Larne and then it's only a short jaunt up the coast.

The Irish road race scene is so much easier and accessible to get to than the TT, arguably better from a spectator point of view as the circuits are much shorter.

I'm planning a return trip this year.........Ricky, I'll give you a shout, last time I just parked my bike near Ballysally roundabout, is that the best vantage point that allows a quick getaway on the Sat afternoon?

ricky
14-03-2018, 09:01 AM
I'm planning a return trip this year.........Ricky, I'll give you a shout, last time I just parked my bike near Ballysally roundabout, is that the best vantage point that allows a quick getaway on the Sat afternoon?

Hi mate. Yep thats a good spot was there myself a few years ago... although if u head into portstewart u can get a spot at a grandstand aswell plus an easy get away after... if the weather's good i prefer to camp or stay near by get in a field open a bottle of something and make a day/night of it!! Lol

Maggsy
14-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Hi Ricky.

Let's hope this thread remains a blunt free zone eh?

Went to the Northwest a few years ago - amazing.

Would definitely be up for a trip to some road racing at some point, although I think the Classic TT is earmarked for next year.

Mr Gazza
14-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Hello Ricky and welcome back.
Enniskillen looks like a really beautiful town and area from what I've seen of it on the telly. It's one of the parts I would head to if I ever got over there, fascinated by the cliffs of Moher too and many other bits.
The whole Country looks utterly stunning.

Are you coming over for this years Weekender in Bedfordshire?
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=55793

So sorry about the state of your first thread and apologies for my posts there.... Can't wait to delete them as soon as the problem has gone.

ricky
14-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Hey mr gazza dont b worrying about that... was all quite tame to wat im used too. Lol doubt ill b over this year but will deffo make it over in the future!