PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Northampton

JayJosephS4RS
04-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Hi all. Said goodbye to the BMW and Yamaha, almost said hello to a triumph... saw the light and sealed the deal on a Pearl White, 2006 S4RS. Full termi’s, fairly stock with some tastefully upgraded parts.

4.5k, a service/maintenance history as thick as a barn door. 2 loving owners.

Happier than a pig in muck!

While I’m here, just wondered if anyone has ever had their engine re-painted? Mine has a few of the typical bubbling issues. Nothing noticeable, nothing drastic, hardly seen unless bent down and up close but want to get it sorted... and perhaps replace the engine bolts. Rest of the bike is 10/10 so I want to bring the engine finish in line.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully see some you on future events/meet ups.

Cheers 👍🏼

Jay

rollo22
04-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Hello and welcome Jay.

This is just down the M1 from you
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=55793

Grumpy
04-02-2018, 10:35 PM
Welcome aboard!

Engine paint peeling is a common issue with monsters, have a look through the forum history, there are plenty of comments/ suggestions as to which way to tackle the issue.

JayJosephS4RS
04-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Hello and welcome Jay.

This is just down the M1 from you
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=55793

Thanks!! It’s just up the A6 from my sister’s, which would’ve been a bonus but I’m on the opposite side of the county now, bordering on Warwickshire/Leamington so yes, it would be a blast down the M1 ... will definitely try and get along to the day event!

Welcome aboard!

Engine paint peeling is a common issue with monsters, have a look through the forum history, there are plenty of comments/ suggestions as to which way to tackle the issue.

Yeah I did a little bit of homework before I pulled the trigger so was aware of the common engine coating issue. Thought I’d got lucky but no, there are some small areas. Still it’s fairly insignificant so not too much drama at the moment but would like to get it resolved... Thanks! Searching as we speak! 💻

Stinger101
05-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. A wealth of knowledge, experience and information available. Fun too sometimes!