PDA

View Full Version : Seat cowl - paint or sticker?

Garry Hogan
10-03-2004, 03:28 PM
I've seen a few Monsters with the white 'panel' on the seat cowl ( to take race numbers I guess ) and would like to know if they are painted on or sticker kits? I want I want I want!!! Can you help this deluded old man in his quest?

A Yerbury
10-03-2004, 03:52 PM
meteor motorcycles not sure of url... I bought a front fender corse kit then did the rest of the stripes with white fablon. looks fine just need a steady hand and a scalpel.

Garry Hogan
10-03-2004, 05:10 PM
OOOOOhh fablon, I remember that. Thanks for the info - Garry.

Matt Black
10-03-2004, 06:41 PM
The seat sticker kits are a regular visitor to ebay, as are front mudguard/tank corse stripes

Keep a lookout - they are usually in white or silver

A Yerbury
10-03-2004, 07:50 PM
its not gary its alex! gary indeed....
still, fablon rocks, go for some tasteful faux marble corse stripes.
ALEX.

A Yerbury
10-03-2004, 07:52 PM
oh i see, thanks for the info signed gary, not thanks "gary" ...just when I think Im improving life throws these moments my way...

spacemonkey
10-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Aaargh! Your 'eads doin' my 'ead in!!!

A Yerbury
10-03-2004, 11:28 PM
its because I'm out in the sticks now, in a house, on a hill, in the snow......I feel the onset of cabin fever!
Actually having somehow managing to blag my way to the ripe old age of 33 I'm at something of a crossroads..tired of london, Paris or New York next...hmmm.
nighty night

spacemonkey
11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Oooh, that's much better...
How about Spain?

A Yerbury
11-03-2004, 03:44 PM
photo industry not quite as big in spain - its good in barcelona but i dont speak catalan plus my ex has inherited a huge flat there and a load of dosh. dont fancy sharing a city with an ex, me at pauper level her swimming in easy lolly! "its not fair" (Its not fair in fact! the old man popped his clogs the day after she split with me, timing eh? she went from a narrowboat pikey getting an ok wage running the ace cafe to someone who can now retire!)
-rant officially over!

spacemonkey
11-03-2004, 07:40 PM
I hear you, Brother Yerbury... My Ex wife's mother got her half share of the sale of the family home-a six story apartment block in Yokohama and setup home in Australia just days after we split...bugger. I'm moving to near Barcelona and I don't speak Catalan, but they do speak Spanish too!! Still, I understand. So where now then??

A Yerbury
11-03-2004, 08:39 PM
hmmm the coin is still spinning...old man is in france (caen) my french is not really up to speed yet either. France is nearer, can pop over on the bike -should be not too tricky if i change my licence over and register the bike in france, french plates and if stopped by the plod sceam "Il n 'y a pas personne ici qui parle francais!" on the other toss of the coin my sister lives in san fran, mates in new york and should be able to find suitable work much easier yet its more expensive to get to and green cards work etc -not to mention potential visas in oct and more terrorist nonsense! plus stuck in malvern now gotta save up but all the local work is min wage crap. who knows?! or is it qui savoir?!
Am reminded of rob brydon "well marion got geoff, the house, the kids and im left with...an incredible sense of freedom! Ive got nothing!" u gotta laugh eh.
adieu. lex
a six story appartment block eh? ouch! :p

spacemonkey
12-03-2004, 09:01 AM
yep, worth over a mill per floor....
Her family were major shareholders of a small manufacturing plant called Nissan when it started out. They bought the block in the 80's after the family feud had been resolved and some of the family dosh came their way. Thye lived on the entire top floor while the bottom was a vets and the rest rented out. Mummy got over £3mill.... bought a beach side house in Oz, which was always my dream, and was gonna invite us to live there with her. Bum... But just couldn't take the wife anymore.
I agree about Malvern-in Boringmouth everything is minimum wage. I could never go back! But the cost of living there is like London. None of my friends or family can afford to buy propertry at all. Sucks... France is cool, but what of work? Where I am going in Spain is near a place called Flix, an hour or two from barcelona in the mountains near the river Ebro. Cost of living is about £6000 pa and the farm should generate that. Connie is an English teacher in a school here, and she will teach there part time, and I will be building with my dad (he is moving there next month) for 6 months of the year and embalming the odd body to send abroad for some dead easy pocket money (gotta buy a 916, 190SL and a cheapo yacht somehow).
Remember-the world is your lobster...

A Yerbury
12-03-2004, 09:31 AM
quite a few friends have done efl, then repostioned themselves..........it s an option but a sideways step.
"dead easy money" eh? these puns come thick n fast from ya! how did you get into the embalming lark then?

spacemonkey
12-03-2004, 09:48 AM
It all started when Quincy was on TV- I was an influential 9 year old and I decided I wanted to be like Jack Klugman and be a pathologist. Never wanted to be a train driver or anything like that. And I spent a lot of time in the garden dissecting the cat's leftovers, then building crematoriums from old bricks and meths.
All went swimmingly well until my four B's at A level in Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Double Maths wasn't 'good enough' to get into Med School as there were so many applicants back then that they only wanted 3 A's and for applicants to come from a long line of doctors. Bastids... So after a coupla years in the wilderness I heard the call of Anubis and joined the ranks of the British Institute of Embalmers. Did a few years as a pathology tech (we are the ones who actually do the removal of the organs and the doc just does the fine examination and gets all the credit and money...and path docs NEVER attend the scene of the crime like in the movies and TV! In this here country it is the coroner's officer and SOCO (like CSI) who go to the scene. Another thing is that when they say on the news that a 'post mortem will be carried out later today' they are wrong. It is done Immediately a murder case is brought in. The amount of times I have been called out in the middle of the night to do this... And it isn't a copper who 'scrapes you up off the road'-it's my mob. I could tell you some stories about train tracks...) but got bored of that and went back to the embalming. For people who might ask "why?" it is the difference between before and after. I make dead people look normal again for a while so the family can see them again without 'natures changes'...

A Yerbury
12-03-2004, 10:34 AM
yes I've heard this about path docs. paid per corpse and paid a lot. I have another tattooing chum who has just opened a shop in folkestone, he was forever dissecting road kill and stuffing things. all the familys ex-pets still exist in bagpuss form albeit with cross eyes :) sadly his brother died of testicular cancer a few years back and as a result of the chemo he had to be cremated, just too toxic for the clod...brrr
The only downside I can see is the relentless "really!!" "isnt that creepy?" "well of course when my nan died.." or worse still moribund goths in thrall to ones connections with the necrophillic (I refer to the culture of death here o course, not good lovin beyond this mortal coil!)
cya. alex

ps:and there will always be work! - how many times have u heard that one?
pps:quincey?..............strange boy!

spacemonkey
12-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Alex, you are totally right. I have heard every single dead joke about a thousand times... I've even thought of printing a fact sheet to answer the usual 20 questions that I usually get!

A Yerbury
12-03-2004, 09:21 PM
methinks these forums are list heavy as is!
a bientot