PDA

View Full Version : Febuary's Breakfast on the Runway.

Mr Gazza
29-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Well nearly on the runway!

This month we are going to Jimmy's Café on Old Buckenham Airfield, Which is within a prop's wash of the runway and has a panoramic view of the tarmac.
Named in honour of James Stewart, who was based there in the 40's.

Thanks to Gremlin for finding the gig. It looks like a nice atmospheric place.

We keep casting the net around Norfolk, hoping to pull in some new faces... Do drop in if you are in the area.

10am 11th February, Jimmy's Café Old Buckenham Airfield. Abbey Rd, Old Buckenham NR17 1PU

Grumpy
29-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Chokes away!
See you there!

uncle duke
30-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Great place for a meet haven't been there since the Ken Wallis Memorial event some years back ...see you there..hopefully

Mr Gazza
30-01-2018, 09:09 PM
I was at Ken's do too... It was a fitting send off for such a smashing bloke.
I was lucky enough to meet him a couple of years earlier and had the privilege of a personal tour of his home at Reymerston Hall, including his hangar full of Autogyros and other interesting stuff.

https://s9.postimg.org/swdab0oyn/Ken_Wallis.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Capo
30-01-2018, 09:11 PM
I remember seeing him at Swanton Morley

Stinger101
31-01-2018, 07:36 PM
If it's dry we'll make the effort too.

Mr Gazza
01-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Glad the awful typo in the header isn't putting people off!

It's going to be a good un.. Looking forward to seeing y'all... :D

Stinger101
02-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Much worse was Grupy's 'chokes' away.. Shocking from an apparently educated man. Not that I'm the spelling nazi/champion, but CHOKES AWAY.... Blimey that's bad Grumps..... :banghead::cry:

Mr Gazza
02-02-2018, 06:02 PM
I noticed it, but let it go... Should I let "Grupy's" go though? :rolleyes:

Stinger101
02-02-2018, 06:07 PM
FFS.... I should stop afternoon drinking. I can't even be stupid properly..... I do properly stupid quite well though. :eek:

Mr Gazza
02-02-2018, 06:09 PM
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Grumpy
02-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Much worse was Grupy's 'chokes' away.. Shocking from an apparently educated man. Not that I'm the spelling nazi/champion, but CHOKES AWAY.... Blimey that's bad Grumps..... :banghead::cry:

Those in glass houses.......:mand:

My excuse is spell check! Though to much alcohol sounds better!!:mand:

Grumpy
10-02-2018, 08:38 PM
I might be in the metal box, depending on the weather in the morning.
See you guys there!

Mr Gazza
10-02-2018, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I just checked the weather. Although it has got milder this evening it will be wet all night and frost free.
So that should get rid of some salt. But the temperature will drop tomorrow morning and will "feel like" -1 apparently, still the chance of rain!!

I'll decide in the morning, but it looks like it will be a trip in my horrid little car!!

Hope you people will still come even if you can't get the bike out... :thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
12-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Lovely to see everyone yesterday.

Dacs and I both made it on Monsters in the perishin' cold, Gremlin and Andy finally made it to a meeting after months of something or other clashing... Good to see you both and thanks for finding the venue.
As ever, good to see Grumpy again... Always happy to put the miles in.

It started to snow as I mounted to go home, it also sleeted on me and hailed and snailed ( that's little balls of snow, too soft to be hail.) The main thing is it didn't rain..

My front tyre slid frighteningly on the very first bend out of the airfield. maybe the tyre was just too cold or I hit some unseen grit? The bend was dry.

Also encountered at least half a dozen burst water mains en route and another couple on the afternoon's drive out... Must be the season for it?

My 60 mile round trip seemed more like 200 with the horrid weather and roads, but it was still good to ride out and meet friends.. :thumbsup: