PDA

View Full Version : East of England meet.

Mr Gazza
07-12-2017, 06:10 PM
At Arbuckle's American Diner, on the A10 at Downham Market.

10am Sunday 10th December.

Rare opportunity in that part of the world for anyone within striking distance to meet up with club mates... They do a smashing breakfast too.. :biggrin:

Mr Gazza
09-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Snow chains at the ready!!

Grumpy
09-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Snow chains at the ready!!

Thought about retrieving the skis!!

Grumpy
10-12-2017, 07:46 AM
In game to try and make it to Arbuckles.
Who else would like to join me!

Capo
10-12-2017, 08:02 AM
In game to try and make it to Arbuckles.
Who else would like to join me!

Leaving soon

Mr Gazza
10-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Grumpy reported a heavy fall of snow in Cambridgeshire before I'd set off, but tried manfully to make the gig.
Sadly I got the call to say he couldn't get out of his village, when I had almost got to Arbuckles. 10 out of 10 for effort though. Grumpy is as dedicated to the club as anyone I know.
Not expecting a massive turnout in the nasty weather, I was pleasantly surprised to see Capo.
We enjoyed a tasty breakfast, some friendly banter and watched heavy snow fall the entire time.
Downham Market seemed to mark the Eastern extent of the snow. I had a clear run to the North Norfolk coast and then back home.

Arbuckle's is a good venue. We must meet there again in the better weather.

Thanks for making the effort Capo... And for buying me breakfast.. :thumbsup:

utopia
10-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Tempted though I am to say "sorry I didn't make it", having woken up to a thick covering of snow and with the monster being the only available transport, I'm sure you'll understand.

Somewhat foolishly, I nevertheless might have given it a shot if the Dommie had been available.
For the sake of my fingertips, its probably just as well that it wasn't.

Grumpy
10-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Grumpy reported a heavy fall of snow in Cambridgeshire before I'd set off, but tried manfully to make the gig.
Sadly I got the call to say he couldn't get out of his village, when I had almost got to Arbuckles. 10 out of 10 for effort though. Grumpy is as dedicated to the club as anyone I know.
Not expecting a massive turnout in the nasty weather, I was pleasantly surprised to see Capo.
We enjoyed a tasty breakfast, some friendly banter and watched heavy snow fall the entire time.
Downham Market seemed to mark the Eastern extent of the snow. I had a clear run to the North Norfolk coast and then back home.

Arbuckle's is a good venue. We must meet there again in the better weather.

Thanks for making the effort Capo... And for buying me breakfast.. :thumbsup:

Good to hear Capo and yourself met up over a breakfast ( the big fry up is just the right size and tasty!)
The main road through my village became useable from about 2pm! ( The council doesn't clear the road with grit or ploughs)

Maybe split the monthly meet between Arbuckles in the West and somewhere in the East of the county?
Look forward to the next meet :mand: