PDA

View Full Version : First ride at last!

davkyt
02-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Dry roads and mild weather this morning ment I finally got my first ride!

Having only ridden the 2017 version the only noticeable difference I could tell was the exhaust.... It really is impressive for stock, even having a little gurgle and pop on engine breaking.

An annoying similaritie is the rear brake. It was crap on both the demo I rode and my 2014.
There's at least 3" of travel in the pedal. And when it finally does engage it was hardly worth the effort.

Is there any way to adjust the break to get a bit more from it?

Pedro
02-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Sounds like the rear brake needs bleeding

Doggy
02-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Must be something about modern ducati. My dad's 821 rear brake is non existent. First time I had a go on it I nearly dropped it on a hill !.
My 796 has the best feeling/working rear brake of any bike I've ever owned I reckon.

davkyt
02-12-2017, 04:41 PM
I agree... The rear brake on my 750 is better than all of the current models I test Rode earlier this year

Must be something about modern ducati. My dad's 821 rear brake is non existent. First time I had a go on it I nearly dropped it on a hill !.
My 796 has the best feeling/working rear brake of any bike I've ever owned I reckon.

Pedro
02-12-2017, 09:53 PM
I had to have mine bled a few months ago (warranty); it’ll trigger the antilock now

Stinger101
04-12-2017, 02:56 PM
I know what you're going through, my 2014 M12S had a ****e rear brake that eventually stopped working completely. The dealer adjusted it and it was perfect after that. If I knew what they did, I could advise & my post would then be interesting! :-/
Perhaps they're all crap from the factory.... My '17 model rear brake works properly incidentally. Perhaps Ducati had many complaints.....
The Brembo's on these bikes are so powerful and the '14 bike is long & low, I never used it anyway unless I had a pillion.

Pedro
04-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Get it bled through then every so often stamp on it to trigger the abs, apparently this helps!