PDA

View Full Version : Monster repaired, but disappointed

Wildfire
14-11-2017, 09:54 AM
So the Monster is back, the engine is running and the dealer took 2.5 weeks to replace the tank, mirror, water pump cover and a few other bits following the guy who decided not to stop at a red light on Rose Hill.

Unfortunately I have been a bit disappointed with the condition of the bike on return, it was tested apparently and fully inspected. After checking the bike over on getting it home I found:

Chain very loose
Oil below minimum
Water below minimum
Clutch loose and not adjusted (lever was replaced)
Mirror that was replaced loose and started swinging a day later
I have also noticed a scratch on the dash that wasn't there before
Battery went flat during the stay at garage (tracker notified me) - Battery is now not holding charge and it now has to sit on a tender each night (until I can replace it).

I haven't broached the dealer as it's all been found as I get back on the bike, but I am really disappointed in the quality of the work that came back. It seems they have just bolted the new parts on and not done any checks at all.

I was also disappointed that as a new indicator was needed I supplied some Rizoma indicators. They wanted to charge me for new Ducati indicators, fitment, then re-fitment of the Rizomas!

Pity as the sales service was great.

Nottsbiker
14-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Only you care about your bike, well that's what experience has taught me anyways.

If you could have chosen maybe using a dealer with a great record such as Cornerspeed etc would have resulted in you getting better service.

Overall though I'm sorry to hear about your tale of woe!

Dookbob
14-11-2017, 01:13 PM
you get this type of thing almost everywhere nowadays, it pays to expect it, that way it softens the dissapointment.

Luxexterior
14-11-2017, 02:06 PM
That's really poor. I would definitely complain to the dealer & your insurance company.

Jez900ie
14-11-2017, 03:40 PM
If I understand you well, the dealership who sold you the bike, have subsequently repaired it under the insurance claim. They tried to rip you and the insurance company off re the indicators, and then have done a shoddy job of checking the bike over.

I would call and arrange to meet the manager in person. They should make this right immediately. You are a longstanding customer who has brought them significant business to date. I doubt that the owner of the dealership would be impressed by his staff ruining his reputation.

Luxexterior
14-11-2017, 06:25 PM
If I understand you well, the dealership who sold you the bike, have subsequently repaired it under the insurance claim. They tried to rip you and the insurance company off re the indicators, and then have done a shoddy job of checking the bike over.

I would call and arrange to meet the manager in person. They should make this right immediately. You are a longstanding customer who has brought them significant business to date. I doubt that the owner of the dealership would be impressed by his staff ruining his reputation.

+1:thumbsup:

Blah blah
15-11-2017, 02:28 PM
I'd be speaking to your insurance as well...

Wildfire
15-11-2017, 04:08 PM
It’s quite a reputable dealer that I have always had good service from.

I know that the guy dealing with my case’s Mother died whilst the bike was in, I would have been happy waiting for it to come back.

I’m due a service soon so I think it may be time for a new dealer.

Jez900ie
15-11-2017, 05:49 PM
As they have been so good previously, perhaps they have made a mistake, and will rectify it if you meet them and explain. Maybe your next service will be at a reduced rate?

jerry
21-11-2017, 02:33 AM
what dealer . P&H? crawley or power twins ??? if it was P&H im not suprised poor workman ship