PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk/Suffolk Breakfast Meet.

Mr Gazza
22-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Early warning for this one, for two reasons.

I've opted to move to the first Sunday this time. a) To avoid clashing with Remembrance Sunday , and b) to give the option of shifting to the next Sunday if the weather is foul on the first.

Date change..12th November. 10am. Norfolk/Suffolk Aviation Museum. Flixton.

http://www.aviationmuseum.net/

It's free entry, and they have a very nice café area in the hanger among the planes.

Watch this space for date changes.

emzedder
22-10-2017, 03:39 PM
I'll try and make that one hopefully on 2 wheels of some kind. Nice little museum.

uncle duke
22-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Oh dear can't make the 5th, can the 12th if you have to change date...but as you say this will clash with any remembrance event ..so i'll just wait & see..

Mr Gazza
22-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Maybe I will get in touch with the Museum and see if they are laying anything on for the Remembrance day... These places usually do, and we would still be there at 11 o'clock.

I called in to the Norwich Aviation Museum one November, to have a chat with the curator. I noticed his repeated staring at my chest and worried look... He was looking for my poppy!
I just thought, get over yourself mate, there are as many ways to remember as there were people killed in conflicts. A bit of crinkly red paper and green plastic doesn't do it for me.

Mr Gazza
25-10-2017, 05:06 PM
I had a chat with the curator this morning.
They don't do anything at the Museum as everyone goes to a commemoration in Bungay, so it's business as usual at the Museum and the Café is open as normal.

So let's revert to our normal second Sunday slot and meet on the 12th at 10am.

I'm sure we can shut the f##k up for a minute when the dong comes.. :thumbsup:

uncle duke
09-11-2017, 08:13 AM
Hi just thought i'd resurrect the thread ...i hope to be there on sunday looks like a nice day if a bit chilly !! tea & cakes it is..

Mr Gazza
09-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Thanks for that Uncle Duke, I was about to do the same thing.

Yeah, looks like it's going to be bracing, with possible rain in the afternoon!

I've got some new Winter gear to try out, but it will be 4 wheels if it's too horrid.

AndyP
10-11-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm hoping to make it for this one, it's about time I made it to a local meet!

Mr Gazza
12-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Better luck next time then Andy?

Great to see Roger and Dave. You had to be very hardy to take a bike out today. I hope you guys got home dry?

It was very cold on the way out this morning and my heart sank when I spotted salt on the road. That explains the moisture and slippery looking surface.... If the silly buggers just left the salt in the depot, the roads would have been dry!!

It seemed colder on the way home, I hit some fairly heavy showers too, making it even colder! But nothing like being in the saddle though eh?

10/10 for the object d'art in the hangar, but nil points for the coffee and cake. The coffee was stale and cake was bitter!! No heating in the hangar either, so maybe not a great choice for a winter meet?

Good to see you guys though. Maybe we'll head to the West of the County next time?

uncle duke
12-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Yeh great to see you two as well. Tea was ok but the cake wasn't the best i was tempted by daves 'monster' flap jack which would have been a better choice.Good journey home no rain for me as the clouds stayed just to the east of me & nothing fell off either ..thanks for the borrow of the screwdriver gaz to re-attach wayward parts theres only so much you can stuff under ya jacket !

utopia
12-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Well, if you're going to do a "west of the county" meet, can you make it during the decent (and salt free) weather ?
Then you'd be in shouting distance to nip over from the east midlands.

I actually had a "heads up" on the first signs of salting activity on the roads around Wisbech.
I guess you all get the crunch time a little earlier over your way, due to the cold wind from the north-east.
My mother used to complain about that as late as easter, when on holiday on the east coast.

It was a raw day.
Well done for getting out on two wheels.

dacs
12-11-2017, 08:52 PM
It seemed colder on the way home, I hit some fairly heavy showers too, making it even colder! But nothing like being in the saddle though eh?

Same here, looks as if heading south would have been a better bet. Still, top marks for Michelin Pilot Road 3s.

Mr Gazza
13-11-2017, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=utopia;548968]Well, if you're going to do a "west of the county" meet, can you make it during the decent (and salt free) weather ?
Then you'd be in shouting distance to nip over from the east midlands.QUOTE]

Jeff, our next meet would fall on 10th December, so it's not going to be great weather and my special powers are not working properly, so I'm afraid I don't know if there will be salt! I reckon it will be a car meet.. :worried:

So I will throw this suggestion on the table. I have 3 probable's for a venue and they're pretty far flung for our Norfolk core.
1) The Gin Trap at Ringstead. This was the former Norfolk meeting place as set up by Mohawk during her curatorship. I've no idea if they will be open at 10am.

2) There's a café that the Police showed me on my Safe Rider course, at Hunstanton.. Right up the Old Hunny end of town and with a Sea view.. Again need to find if it's open out of season at 10am.

3) last is Arbuckle's American diner at Downham Market (A10). Good for a tasty breakfast, good for Cambs members, Wisbekistan and East mids direction too. 24 hours as far as I know and with petrol on site too. Grumpy and I use that one a lot.

So what do you reckon guys?

Mr Gazza
03-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Our December meet will be next weekend.
It's crept up on me and I have not enquired into the opening times ect of the first two venues, so if we do this Western thing it will be Arbuckle's.

It will make a good last of the year meet for those stalwart Eastern Counties folk, but it is rather far flung for most people and also more than likely to be a car journey unless there is a sudden heatwave!! (Today would have been good though).

So this needs a vote.
If no one is interested I will default to "A piece off Cake" at Coltishal.

Form an orderly queue..

Mr Gazza.

uncle duke
03-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Sounds like a cracking venue for a meet but.......its a busy time at good ol' Royal Mail so i'll be giving this one a miss ..nothing to do with the s**t roads & the cold weather you understand ..

Grumpy
04-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Count me in for a coffee at Arbuckle's!

Capo
04-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Count me in for a coffee at Arbuckle's!

See you there

Mr Gazza
04-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Yay.. So Arbuckle's it is.. 10am.

Just worked out who the fella is on the crappa.

https://s17.postimg.org/z62gn7prj/zappa.jpg (https://postimages.org/)