PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Monster 25th annivesary Weekender booking.

Mr Gazza
15-10-2017, 10:35 AM
https://s14.postimg.cc/y5ihdxb5t/PETROLHEADONISM_LOGO_cropped.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

We are holding 25 guestrooms on Friday 4th, Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th May 2018 for the Ducati Monster Club UK 25th Anniversary Weekender at The Sharnbrook.

I confirm the following pricing for guestrooms:
Rooms would be group discounted to £70 Standard Single, £80 Standard Double or £80 Superior Single, £90 Superior Double per night – this includes all breakfasts & vat. Sunday Night is £10 less per room
We require a £25 per night deposit to be paid at the time of booking – please ask members to contact us on 01234 783142 – my team will be running a spreadsheet detailing the members that are booking/attending.

Friday 4th May 2018
Relaxed Buffet £15 per person
Residents/non-residents Welcome - Pizza, Pasta & Salads Buffet followed by Trio of Desserts, Tea & Coffee in VesuviO Restaurant

Saturday 5th May 2018
3 course dinner with Drink On Arrival, Choice of Starter, Choice of Main Course, Choice of Dessert followed by Tea, Coffee & Biscotti £25 per person
We would ask for a preorder from everyone on the Saturday morning

Sunday 6th May 2018
3pm onwards upon return from your National Run we will host a BBQ for your members, this will be £10 per person including 1 Burger, 1 Hot Dog, Salads & 1 Soft Drink each.

Monday 7th May 2018
Cars & Coffee Supercar Charity Cruise will be taking place at The Sharnbrook, with buffet lunch at 12.30pm, and convoy departure at 2pm to a second location.

There is a campsite literally 300m from the hotel just down the road - http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=6430 Probably the best idea as it will have all the facilities required

On Sunday evening, VesuviO is open and serving Sunday Roast / Italian Meals or alternatively if the tradition is a curry then I recommend Indian Summer – 01234 351251

Kind Regards

Ciro Ciampi
Chief Executive Officer
The Ciampi Family Group Ltd
t/as The Sharnbrook Hotel incorporating VesuviO Restaurant & Bar

Check out our #SupercarPizzaDelivery Episode 11 Lamborghini Aventador SV - https://youtu.be/2v6Two8BbgI

www.thesharnbrookhotel.com
Tel 01234 783142 Fax 01234 783157

Mr Gazza
15-10-2017, 10:53 AM
There you go... Ciro has done it all for us.

I suggest that you read the above carefully and book accordingly, on 01234 783142.
Better to call weekdays and into the evenings, than weekends.

In previous years the club has taken the deposits and bookings, but this year you can book and pay the hotel direct, with the balance payable on checkout.
Don't forget to identify yourself as a UKMOC member.

When the club took the deposits, a small admin fee was extracted from this to cover the club's expenses for the Weekender.
This year I will be asking for you to donate something separately on a purely voluntary basis. Any surplus goes back into the club, mainly to keep this forum running.

I suggest £10 for hotel residents and £5 for day visitors.
I can accept cash from day visitors on the day. Or you can send via PayPal to gazzapainter{at}gmail[dot]com
Please sent via "family and friends" and identify yourself with your forum username.

The Sharnbrook has 42 rooms... Let's fill 'em all up... :mand:

Albie
15-10-2017, 12:17 PM
That's us booked. That was easy

Only booked the 2 nights as unsure about Monday because of Caroline's school workload but my sister lives 20 miles away could always stop there and ride back.
Thanks for sorting Gazza I have something to aim for.

Mr Gazza
16-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Me booked too. Let's see who we've got.

Albie.
Mr Gazza - Single room - 3 nights.

bazread
16-10-2017, 09:49 PM
I’ve just booked a room for Saturday night only. I’ll travel up early on Saturday morning, stop overnight and leave after the ride out on Sunday. I have a triathalon to take part in on the Monday, I hope that’s OK?

mart64
16-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Booked Alan C and myself today for 3 nights, thanks for sorting Gazza.

Albie
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64

J.P
17-10-2017, 12:21 PM
I'm booked, three nights. I'd hate to miss the fun.

Doggy
17-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Booked for the Sat & Sunday nights!.

BigOz
19-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Booked all 3 nights, looking forward to it already. Thanks for organising Mr Gazza.

Albie
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz

alan c
19-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Good old Kenties :spin:

Albie & Caroline
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz

Albie
19-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Good old Kenties :spin:

Albie & Caroline
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz

Always the way. Shame I missed last years. I hope the take up is good soon it's a special year

Grumpy
19-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Room booked for Friday /Saturday!

Albie & Caroline
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy

chris yeatman
20-10-2017, 07:53 AM
please provisionally put me down for this fri -mon
however I won't know for sure until dates come out for next year's racing.
cheers.

alan c
24-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Get booking guys and girls, you don't want to miss a great weekend :ukm:

MrsC_772
29-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Andy & I have now booked

Mr Gazza
29-10-2017, 05:48 PM
please provisionally put me down for this fri -mon
however I won't know for sure until dates come out for next year's racing.
cheers.

I'm not sure about putting anyone down provisionally, you're either booked or not.
Don't wait too long to book up with the Hotel as it will get tricky once the 25 rooms have gone. You can cancel free with 48 hours notice.

If the Sharnbrook is more than some want to pay then there are a couple of Travelodges within 10 miles either side. You can just take their B&B and still participate as a day visitor. All the meals at The Sharnbrook are available to non-residents at the same price (See OP).
Once all our rooms are full at The Sharnbrook this will be about the only option anyway.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/273/Bedford-hotel?WT.tsrc=GHA_Organic&utm_campaign=GHA_Bedford&utm_medium=GHA_Organic&utm_source=google
https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/190/Wellingborough-Rushden-hotel?WT.tsrc=GHA_Organic&utm_campaign=GHA_Wellingborough%20Rushden&utm_medium=GHA_Organic&utm_source=google

I have stayed near the main hotel at previous Weekenders and it's always worked for me.

Mr Gazza
29-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772

Nice take up so far.. :thumbsup:
No one seems to want to make a donation to the running costs though??

As stated in the OP, this has always been added to the hotel deposit and extracted by the club from that. This year the Hotel is taking the bookings direct, so I am asking participants to donate £10 (or £5 for day visitors)
Please sent to gazzapainter{at}gmail{dot}com via PayPal "gift" or to "Family and Friends"

There will be a small gift souvenir for all participants.
Any profit goes to maintaining this forum.

Thanks all... :biggrin:

bazread
30-10-2017, 11:21 AM
£5.00 donation just sent via PayPal Gazza :)

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)

Mr Gazza
30-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Many thanks for your donation Bazread and to JP too.
Special thanks to Rollo22 for a generous donation.. :thumbsup:

Keep 'em coming.

alan c
31-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Sorry Gazza I didn't realize you wanted donation now, I will send via pay pal

Mr Gazza
31-10-2017, 05:18 PM
No worries Alan. I think everyone speed read my post and missed the donation detail, hence the re-post.

I was a bit worried I would end up paying for the gig myself like Howard Hughes... Should have known better than to underestimate my club mates.
Coming in nicely now. Thanks everyone. :mand:

Doggy
31-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Oopps didn't read it properly .
£10 donated
Thanks
colin

alan c
16-11-2017, 07:43 AM
Hi Gazza, donation sent, sorry for delay, thought I had sent before !

Mr Gazza
16-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Thanks Alan.
Thanks for bumping the thread too. Time to give the drum another thwack.!.. Roll up roll up.

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)

Black Bob
17-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the nudge, Alan C. Was ace to see you lot last weekend.

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob

alan c
17-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the nudge, Alan C. Was ace to see you lot last weekend.

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob

Brilliant glad you can come Chris and great to catch up last week. Say hello to Bekah

chris yeatman
31-12-2017, 02:52 PM
hoping to book hotel in the next few days.

Mr Gazza
01-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the bump Chris.. Will be good to see you again.

I hope more will sign up soon... The Sharnbrook is only asking £25pp per night deposit so it shouldn't break the bank.

bigredduke
01-01-2018, 02:56 PM
I doubt I will make it this year, I am committed to WDW & finances won't stretch to both events.

alan c
04-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Just thought I would bump the post !

Please get your bookings in asap, this will be a great event and not to be missed.

Would be great to see new members, if you have not been to a weekender before they are always a great social event with good organised ride outs etc.

if you wish to ask questions or would like to talk about the event please let us know.

Here's looking forward to a great year of motorcycling

:ukm:

:woot:

Char
09-01-2018, 03:02 PM
UPDATE!

UKSurfer and Char now booked

Please note that there are only 11 rooms left for the 3 days of which 7 are superior - so if you want the standard cheaper room get booked in asap as only 4 left :)

Also you DO NOT need to pay a deposit, they will just take your card details. You can then cancel at a later date if circumstances change.

Call them direct on Tel 01234 783142 - they are very helpful

We will be riding up from the Salisbury area probably around midday on the Friday if anyone wants to join us and the weather is fine we will be doing a semi scenic route , going via Oxford ish way (hopefully avoiding the A34) and happy to pick up and meet with others en route - will put up a post nearer the time for ride in options

New members are most welcome - this is my 8th year :cool: - always a laugh even in the rain so don't be shy :shocked:

If you want to share a double with another member to cut costs then might be worth a post and its been known in the past for 4 'lads' to bunk up together ;)

chris yeatman
09-01-2018, 05:48 PM
long time ago since I bunked up with uksurfer!

Room booked at hotel for two nights sat/sun.

Stinger101
09-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Tracey & I booked for Friday & Saturday. The very nice receptionist said SHE HAD TO take a deposit. Not that I mind, so I paid it willingly, I just told her that Char said otherwise at 3pm today and that conflicting info was being given out by someone there.
Allgood and looking forward to it. Now to find the message regarding the donation.....

Gazza - £10 sent via Paypal.

Mr Gazza
09-01-2018, 10:35 PM
The first post of this thread is the core of Ciro's email that he sent me laying out the terms and format we agreed for our Weekender at his hotel.
He copied the very same to his reception staff, so that we would all be singing from the same hymn sheet. Clearly whoever is on the desk at the time of your call has their own interpretation of the deposit required. You should receive an email confirming your booking and stating deposit paid or not. So whatever happens you will settle the correct amount on checkout.
Just remember to say that you are with UKMOC when you book... Getting booked in is the main thing... :biggrin:

Thanks for signing up Char, UKsurfer, Stinger and Tracy.

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob
Char
UKsurfer
Stinger101 & Tracey

chris yeatman
09-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey

Mr Gazza
09-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Nicely slotted in there Chris...Welcome aboard.. :biggrin:

dacs
10-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey
dacs
(tenner on its way Mr Gazza)

utopia
10-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Sorry it took me a while to get round to booking.
I've always been cast iron certain to be attending but ........ stuff.
Anyway, I'm now booked for all three nights.
I think there was one more std single left after I grabbed mine, but plenty of superiors.

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey
dacs
Utopia

Tenner on its way, Gazza.

Char
10-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Just had a call from the hotel and they apologise profusely for the confusion over the deposits and the fact the wrong info was passed on

A £25 per night deposit is required as this was part of the original room deal that Gazza set up with Chiro for the event

Again the hotel were very apologetic and deposits will not be taken automatically - anyone who has booked and not given a deposit will be contacted shortly and before any money is taken from their account

Anyway good to see some more bookings :)

Mr Gazza
10-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Thank you Char for a magnificent bump, you've really got the ball rolling now.. :D

Thanks also for ironing out the deposit wrinkle with the hotel... I should have been on it.!

Thanks everyone for sending your donations, we can afford some nice trophies now and a modest little souvenir upon your arrival.

jonzi
10-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Just bunged a tenner in the coffers.

I won't be staying, but I don't live too far away, so unless the old ball and chain organises something between now and then, I shall ride over for a day.

Mr Gazza
10-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Thanks Jonzi... Nice gesture.
I'm hoping we will see a lot of day visitors, as The Sharnbrook sits central to an awful lot of members within easy striking distance.

If you live a little further out and can't justify the cost of a night at The Sharnbrook just for a day out, then consider B&B within 10 miles of The Sharnbrook.. Two options.
https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/273/Bedford-hotel?WT.tsrc=GHA_Organic&utm_campaign=GHA_Bedford&utm_medium=GHA_Organic&utm_source=google
https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/190/Wellingborough-Rushden-hotel?WT.tsrc=GHA_Organic&utm_campaign=GHA_Wellingborough%20Rushden&utm_medium=GHA_Organic&utm_source=google

All the meals at The Sharnbrook are available to non-residents, so you can still have an evening with the gang.. Just not too much sauce if you need to ride back to bed!!

alan s4
11-01-2018, 02:39 PM
"easy striking distance"....from Glasgow! Is there a prize for the furthest travelled monster that could tempt me:mand:

Char
11-01-2018, 02:50 PM
"easy striking distance"....from Glasgow! Is there a prize for the furthest travelled monster that could tempt me:mand:

Hire a nice van and see if you can rope in some more from north of the border to join you and share the cost ! I know of at least one other who will be vanning or trailering it :rolleyes:

Normally the Belgium's win the prize for the furthest travelled :)

Mr Gazza
11-01-2018, 10:45 PM

Yes there will be a furthest travelled trophy. ( I won it last year)
I feel your pain Alan. Living in Norfolk, I always have to go about a hundred miles before I even start my journey. It would be good to see you, and to hand you a trophy to take back home... :mand:

Just to clarify my "easy striking distance" comment, what I meant was that The Sharnbrook lies in a fairly dense area of membership population and there should be plenty of members living well within a couple of hours ride. So hoping to see lots of folk popping in for a day, especially for the Sunday run and the jocularities in the afternoon.

slob
15-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey
dacs
Utopia
slob
Thuli

Mr Gazza
15-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey
dacs
Utopia
Stafford. Camping next door
Liz. Ditto
slob
Thuli

GaryN
16-01-2018, 08:13 PM
New member, I'd like to join you on the Sunday for the ride out, contribution sent :)
What time are we likely to be setting off?

Mr Gazza
16-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Hello and welcome to the club Gary.
Thank you for your donation. You will get a PM as a receipt. The itinerary has not been nailed down to detail yet, as stuff is changing all the time behind the curtains.
I would guess the run would embark at around 10am.. Keep an eye out on here for a detailed itinerary nearer to May.

rollo22
16-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Jo T-R
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey
dacs
Utopia
Liz. Ditto
slob
Thuli

alan c
25-01-2018, 12:44 PM
26 People so far, keep them coming, lets get the rooms booked.

Its going to be great :ukm:

Mr Gazza
25-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Yes not a bad take up and 4 months to go yet.

Don't forget the track day opportunity at Rockingham on the Saturday. Within easy striking distance of the Sharnbrook. It would be great to hear the track stories on Saturday night.

Details kindly posted by MrsC_772 Here; http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=55599&page=3 Post #33

Albie
25-01-2018, 06:18 PM
I hope more attend on the days be a shame if its just usual regulars. A lot of effort goes into these events all unpaid and driven only by hoping it will be sunny and successful.
I have just booked off the extra day the Friday to ride up at my leisure either with others or solo so I am relaxed . Caroline is driving up after work so if anyone needs anything lugging that will fit in a Juke please contact me. I still have some Ducati banner in loft and flags etc .

No MOB this year then ?

Mr Gazza
25-01-2018, 06:34 PM
if anyone needs anything lugging that will fit in a Juke please contact me. I still have some Ducati banner in loft and flags etc .

No MOB this year then ?

By all means bring the flags and banners, we'll see if we can find somewhere to hang them.

No idea if anyone has hollered though the MOB's letterbox yet?

Grumpy
25-01-2018, 08:10 PM
By all means bring the flags and banners, we'll see if we can find somewhere to hang them.

No idea if anyone has hollered though the MOB's letterbox yet?

I'm hoping to collect the banners Capo has in storage for the club, and bring them along.

Also, I've emailed some of the guys in MOB, who I'm friends with, to see how we contact their membership. The Facebook page looks very quiet and there doesn't seem to be any other activity in the web that I can find!

alan c
25-01-2018, 08:27 PM
I'm hoping to collect the banners Capo has in storage for the club, and bring them along.

Also, I've emailed some of the guys in MOB, who I'm friends with, to see how we contact their membership. The Facebook page looks very quiet and there doesn't seem to be any other activity in the web that I can find!

I have contacted Olivier and Tom, will let you know ASAP. They usually post on the MOB website, Tom usually leads the way.

Moley1
25-01-2018, 08:28 PM
I'll be attending for one or two of the ride outs...no need for me to stay over seeing as I'm 15 mins down the road.

Mr Gazza
25-01-2018, 08:59 PM
That's the spirit Moley.. :D
I think we will see a lot of locals dropping in for a run or a drink in the evening. That's the beauty of it, you can do as much or a little as you fancy. The Sharnbrook is geared up for non-residents too.... What's not to like?

Grumpy
25-01-2018, 09:14 PM
I have contacted Olivier and Tom, will let you know ASAP. They usually post on the MOB website, Tom usually leads the way.

Thanks Alan, I've emailed Jan & Sven, hopefully between is the lads from MOB will join in with the weekender :thumbsup:

Albie
25-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Thanks Alan, I've emailed Jan & Sven, hopefully between is the lads from MOB will join in with the weekender :thumbsup:

I hope so . Hope to go back to Belgium this year too. Missed for 2 years

Grumpy
25-01-2018, 10:34 PM
I hope so . Hope to go back to Belgium this year too. Missed for 2 years

MOB, I understand from chatting to Jan, has changed the format of their weekend bash. At the moment they're hold the event at their DOC nominated dealer.

Mr Gazza
17-02-2018, 10:17 AM
I now have the menus and booking details for the all the meals at The Sharnbrook.
You can now do all the menu selection and booking online. Clever old Ciro!

Booked residents should get a mail from Ciro, if not, pm me your email and I'll forward it to you. Everything is available at the same rates for non residents.

This incudes a ticket for the BBQ after the Sunday run, so drop me your email if you will be popping in for the run or the jocularities afterwards... :biggrin:

chris yeatman
18-02-2018, 02:35 PM
no email been sent as yet, mine is chris.yeatman@btinternet.com

Mr Gazza
18-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Mail forwarded Chris.

All the evening meals and Sunday BBQ are available to non residents and day visitors.
I'm happy to ping the menu and booking details to anyone who wishes to eat at The Sharnbrook.

Mr Gazza
18-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Thought I might as well post up the menus anyway.
The mail contains a cool password and a link to book the meals.

From Ciro...

UK Monsters 25th Anniversary Weekender at The Sharnbrook Hotel!
On this page you can buy tickets for the individual celebratory meals at The Sharnbrook Hotel over the 4th, 5th and 6th May.
Should you need to reserve a hotel room as well, please contact Reception on 01234 783142 to do this.
Friday 4th May 2018
Relaxed Buffet - £15 per person
Residents/non-residents Welcome - Pizza, Pasta & Salads Buffet followed by Trio of Desserts, Tea & Coffee in VesuviO Restaurant

Saturday 5th May 2018
3 Course Anniversary Dinner with Prosecco on Arrival - £25 per person
Menu as follows;
Starters
Salmon & Prawn Royale
Antipasto Misto - Assortment of Italian Prosciutto, Salami & Coppa with Mozzarella & Pickled Vegetables
Minestrone Soup homemade with spaghettini (v)
Main Course
Arrosto di Manzo All’Italiana - Thick, tender slices of roast beef in a white wine & parsley gravy served with crushed and herbed new potatoes and bundle of asparagus, red pepper & carrots
Pollo Alla Vesuviana - Breast of chicken filled with chorizo, mushrooms, cream cheese & mozzarella wrapped in bacon with a red pepper & tomato sauce served with paprika’d parmentiere potatoes and roasted root vegetables
Salmone Ripieno - Baked fillet of salmon filled with spinach & brie in a white wine, cream, honey & tomato sauce. Served with roasted & herbed new potatoes and green beans, carrots & peas provinciale
Parmigiana Di Melanzane (v) - Baked layers of aubergines, mozzarella & our napoletana tomato sauce. Served with paprika’d parmentiere potatoes and roasted root vegetables

Dessert followed for Tea, Coffee & Biscotti
Trio Di Dolci - Homemade dessert taster of Vanilla Cheesecake, Tiramisu & a Profiterole
Chocolate Fudge Cake - Served hot with vanilla ice cream
Tartufo - Fresh lemon gelato with limoncello (Lemon Liqueur) cream centre, covered with meringue sprinkles

Sunday 6th May 2018
3pm onwards upon return from your National Run we will host a BBQ for your members, this will be £10 per person including 1 Burger, 1 Hot Dog, Salads & 1 Soft Drink each.
Please simply book & pay for one or as many of the events as you would like!
We hope you can make it.Best,Ciro Ciampi - Petrolheadonism

chris yeatman
18-02-2018, 07:51 PM
food tickets sorted for sat/sun

Moley1
19-02-2018, 07:30 AM
Can you send me the link too?

Cheers!

Albie
19-02-2018, 09:08 PM
The food looks delicious and how nice to have Italian menu. Looking forward even more now to it.

Do we know what this Friday buffet time is until if the missus gets here late due to traffic in the car.

Mr Gazza
19-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Okay that's Moley and Albie emailed.

If you did not give your email address when you booked, then Chances are that Ciro cannot mail you the menu booking details!
I will forward this to you if you pm me your address.

I will try and find out the buffet times Albie... Don't think there will be a problem as I daresay there will be a few latecomers on Friday... Hope all the traffic stays well on the outside of you missus car.. ;)

Albie
19-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Thanks mate

Doggy
19-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Gazzza
My email is : Colinswinfield@googlemail.com

Sounds great . Can you pre book the weather also? LOL

Albie
19-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Gazzza
My email is : Colinswinfield@googlemail.com

Sounds great . Can you pre book the weather also? LOL

I didn't want to say that but you know it will be fine.

Moley1
20-02-2018, 07:18 AM
Booked the BBQ on sunday - cheers Gary

Mr Gazza
20-02-2018, 07:02 PM
I have just sent a PM to everyone on the list attending, about the menu email... Sorry if I have repeated myself to some of you.

Sorry Albie, I completely forgot to ask Ciro about the buffet times today, what with everything and all that!! Getting on it now.

Doggy
20-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Food sorted for sat/sun. Thanks.
Colin

Mr Gazza
20-02-2018, 09:25 PM
The food looks delicious and how nice to have Italian menu. Looking forward even more now to it.

Do we know what this Friday buffet time is until if the missus gets here late due to traffic in the car.

The ever helpful Ciro has just got promptly back to me.
He has amended the Eventbrite page to read; "9pm Relaxed Buffet - £15 per person (we can stage this in 2 sittings for those arriving later)"

So that should work out well unless anyone is arriving extremely late.

Please let me know if anyone is expecting to be late on Friday evening and I can ask for the second sitting.

Eek... Better book my own supper or I'll be going through the Sharnbrook bins!!

Albie
20-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Many thanks for info..

alan c
22-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Just to let you know, i received the email from gary/ciro for ordering the meals.

when you log on the saturday night meals say that certain choices are sold out ?

i called the hotel and they have seen the problem and will be sorting asap so we can make choices.

Mr Gazza
22-02-2018, 06:04 PM
There was a glitch on the Eventbrite site.
Ciro was on the case last night after Rollo22 noticed it... It's all fixed now.
Full menu available.

alan c
22-02-2018, 08:27 PM
yes all booked now

Doggy
22-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Ahh.... I thought I was just a bit slow getting my order in! .
So I chose a Salmon starter which I probably won't eat. Main and dessert choice were fine .

MrsC_772
07-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Dinner tickets for Friday & Saturday now bought.

Mr Gazza
07-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the bump MrsC.

I think I have gotten the details out to everyone now.
Booking meals at The Sharnbrook is all done online, so if you wish to eat there either as a resident or non-resident, (including the Sunday BBQ) you will need the link to the booking site.

Please PM me your email address and I will send it out to you.

Still rooms left.... See post #1 for booking details.

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Jo T-R
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey
dacs
Utopia
Liz. Ditto
slob
Thuli

Timm1100s
08-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Hi what time is the ride out? if I just came for the Sunday if that is possible. Thanks Tim

Mr Gazza
08-03-2018, 10:55 PM
I think the run will probably set off at about 10am, but drop in early, as there will be a short briefing before we all hit the road, just to explain the drop off system to first timers and make sure everything is safe and sound.
Besides you want a bit of time to meet and greet and ogle the bikes... :D

The Sharnbrook is laying on a BBQ for us when we get back from the run, so let me know your email address and I will send you the booking forms for a burger and sausage.

Char
27-03-2018, 04:09 PM
UKSurfer needs to know if he should pack balloons again this year please

And does Chris need his wig?

https://s31.postimg.org/whyn3h6nb/yman.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/whyn3h6nb/)

chris yeatman
27-03-2018, 11:06 PM
I need a blonde one this year.....

Mossleymonster
27-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Booked for Saturday night. Mrs M has a broken foot, so she'll be in the motor.

Mr Gazza
07-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Well today is a landmark, as in one month's time it will all be over! :o

Preparations are in overdrive and the itinerary is getting flipped on it's head as time goes on. There is a wonderful sense of chaos that so typifies a UKMOC event... I love it.. :D
Thanks to everyone who is working so hard on this.

There are still rooms at The Sharnbrook, but time is slipping away, so now is the time to book up if you want to join in with this years special 25th anniversary Monster fest.

There are a couple of Travelodge's, less than 10 miles in opposite directions from The Sharnbrook, which offer cheaper B&B rates. There is also a campsite just yards from the hotel.
You can still dine at The Sharnbrook for the same price as residents, (PM me for the Menus and booking details).

I am still looking forward to receiving donations (see post#2) for the running of this, as I've pushed the boat out for a lasting souvenir for everyone to take home. Free for all attendees and something special for 2018.
Weekender T-shirts will soon be on the shelves too.

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Jo T-R
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey
dacs
Utopia
Liz. Ditto
slob
Thuli
Mosselymonster

chris yeatman
10-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Monsters all moted and insured now so almost ready for the weekender.
Those that haven't booked, get booking! show ya faces!

Liz
10-04-2018, 01:08 PM
UKSurfer needs to know if he should pack balloons again this year please

And does Chris need his wig?

https://s31.postimg.org/whyn3h6nb/yman.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/whyn3h6nb/)

I need a blonde one this year.....

I've got a box full of wigs from when we did the Weekender - let me know what style you want :D

Liz
10-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Yes not a bad take up and 4 months to go yet.

Don't forget the track day opportunity at Rockingham on the Saturday. Within easy striking distance of the Sharnbrook. It would be great to hear the track stories on Saturday night.

Details kindly posted by MrsC_772 Here; http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=55599&page=3 Post #33

Mmm, interesting..............

Is there a Saturday itinerary?

Mr Gazza
10-04-2018, 05:36 PM
I haven't dared nail the itinerary down yet, but it looks like the main event on Saturday will be a run out to Rutland Water for lunch.
The big day will be Sunday.

It would be good to see some taking advantage of the track day on Saturday.. We might be able to swing by that way on the way back from Rutland and cheer you on.

Albie
10-04-2018, 06:24 PM
I haven't dared nail the itinerary down yet, but it looks like the main event on Saturday will be a run out to Rutland Water for lunch.
The big day will be Sunday.

It would be good to see some taking advantage of the track day on Saturday.. We might be able to swing by that way on the way back from Rutland and cheer you on.

sounds good

Mr Gazza
12-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Grumpy has now got the Sunday Itinerary nailed down... Cheers Grumpy.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=56296

Mr Gazza
15-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Err.... Only three weeks now...!!

Doggy
15-04-2018, 10:20 PM
Err.... Only three weeks now...!!

After getting sunburnt at Brands yesterday and freezing cold and wet there today I better pack waterproofs/shorts/thermals .Lol

chris yeatman
16-04-2018, 12:05 PM
depends what the weather is like for me

Mr Gazza
26-04-2018, 08:32 PM
The last week before the Weekender!!

There are still rooms available at The Sharnbrook, so don't waste anymore time booking up if you haven't already done so. See post#1 of this thread.
Unfortunately the choices are now limited to the most expensive rooms, so if you fancy a more economical alternative you could try the Travelodges within 10 miles of Sharnbrook.

There is also a camp site a few yards down the lane fromThe Sharnbrook.

Eating at The Sharnbrook
The Friday buffet, Saturday evening meal and Sunday BBQ are all available to residents and non-residents at the same prices.
Whether resident or non-resident, you need to book these online via...
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/uk-monsters-25th-anniversary-weekender-2018-tickets-42275655624
Password = silvermonsters

The Sunday run is heading to Duxford, where we will be joining in a Car and Bike show.
If you wish to be part of this, you need to get a ticket by following the instructions here.. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=56296

Far out T-shirts are available here.. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=554465#post554465

Finally, if anyone finds out what the hell is going on, please let me know...!!! :scratch:

chris yeatman
27-04-2018, 10:19 AM
if anyone from around Salisbury and near by that want luggage transport I'm taking the van up on Fri afternoon with the monnie in a trailer

uksurfer
27-04-2018, 10:35 AM
if anyone from around Salisbury and near by that want luggage transport I'm taking the van up on Fri afternoon with the monnie in a trailer

you not riding up?

Dukedesmo
27-04-2018, 10:55 AM
A bit late replying to this as this weekend is busy with Family stuff and doubtful I can make the Saturday but I'll be there on the Sunday for the rideout etc. :thumbsup:

chris yeatman
27-04-2018, 12:32 PM
you not riding up?

going up in van

smiffyraf1
27-04-2018, 04:59 PM
right massively late to the party but luckily due to work commitments changing i am now coming on the sunday and staying till the monday! managed to get the very last room in the Sharnbrook with a massive thanks to Gazza for sending me all the details. (ill sort out the donation thing soon as possible) am just off now to try and do all the food booking etc.
Looking forward to seeing everyone and the ride out sunday.

Mr Gazza
27-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Well done for sliding in there and bagging the last room Smiffy.

So that leaves the Travelodges as the only option for any last takers. ( Apart from the camp site or sharing with a willing member.)

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/..._source=google
https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/..._source=google

Mr Gazza
27-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Checking into The Sharnbrook will be 2pm onwards on any of the days.
However, if you are travelling up to join one of the runs in the morning, you may leave your luggage at reception until we return from the run, and check in then.

It is possible that some rooms might be ready in the AM, in which case they will let you check in if yours is vacant.

chris yeatman
28-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Gary, I cant remember what days I've put down for food,
I think it's the Saturday and Sunday? could you check please if at all possible, was also wondering does the hotel supply the normal bar food?. cheers

smiffyraf1
28-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Bike in ‘ugly’ mode ready for +pillion ride up at the weekend. I know im early but am excited and am away with work all week.
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/smiffyraf1/Mobile%20Uploads/C7D45B14-9B43-43DB-B1D5-2C52D873C66E_zpsj6duzonn.jpg

Mr Gazza
28-04-2018, 07:11 PM
I think it's the Saturday and Sunday? could you check please if at all possible, was also wondering does the hotel supply the normal bar food?. cheers

Chris, I'm afraid I don't have access to that information. you will need to ask the hotel on 01234 783142 and amend as necessary. I doubt they do "bar food" I think that is more a pub thing?

smiffy, your bike still looks good in ugly mode.. :thumbsup: Have a good ride down. (which one are you coming on?)

jonzi
28-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Might want to take the stabilisers off Smiffy, you might get the micky taken otherwise.

uksurfer
28-04-2018, 09:48 PM

Chris, I would imagine Gaza’s got enough on his plate mate, I’m sure you can find out when you get there, and your hungry 😋 :ymca::ukm:

rollo22
29-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Chris check your Emails for one from Eventbrite

chris yeatman
29-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Chris, I would imagine Gaza’s got enough on his plate mate, I’m sure you can find out when you get there, and your hungry 😋 :ymca::ukm:

cheers mart.

Chris check your Emails for one from Eventbrite

will do cheers, nothing as yet, as I'm typing this.

Mr Gazza
29-04-2018, 10:36 AM
From post#109

"Chris, I'm afraid I don't have access to that information. you will need to ask the hotel on 01234 783142 and amend as necessary. I doubt they do "bar food" I think that is more a pub thing? "

To order food you need to click on this and use password.. silvermonsters https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/uk-monsters-25th-anniversary-weekender-2018-tickets-42275655624

chris yeatman
29-04-2018, 11:30 AM
From post#109

"Chris, I'm afraid I don't have access to that information. you will need to ask the hotel on 01234 783142 and amend as necessary. I doubt they do "bar food" I think that is more a pub thing? "

To order food you need to click on this and use password.. silvermonsters https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/uk-monsters-25th-anniversary-weekender-2018-tickets-42275655624
Thanks I did see the original post.and now all sorted

WhisperingWasp
30-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Just been pointed towards this and given the OC have helped me get my bike working again and the fact that I’m only half hour away it would seem rude not to come along :)

I’d come as a day visitor on the Sunday - do I need to book for this or just turn up? Is there anything in particular happening on the Sunday? Looks like a BBQ which sounds good - anything else?

Dan

jonzi
30-04-2018, 11:35 AM
... Is there anything in particular happening on the Sunday? Looks like a BBQ which sounds good - anything else?

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=56296

A run from the Sharnbrook to Duxford, then back for the BBQ.

I think you need to buy a ticket for Duxford in advance. Check the thread I linked for more details

Mr Gazza
30-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Thanks for smoothing in Jonzi.
Also have a look at post#114 above. use the link and password to book a burger and sausage after the run. we will be judging bikes and giving prizes then too.
Looking forward to meeting you.

Rally
30-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Well if Smithyraf1 got the last room, I must be in the cupboard somewhere! You'll all have to share your food as the menus are closed down now! Lol
A bit last minute, but that was always the plan if time allowed. See you all there.

Albie & Caroline
Rollo22
Jo T-R
Mr Gazza
Alan C
mart64
JP
Doggy
BigOz
Grumpy
MrsC_772
MrC_772
BazRead (Sat Night Only)
Black Bob*
Char
UKsurfer
Chris y
Stinger101 & Tracey
dacs
Utopia
Liz. Ditto
slob
Thuli
Mosselymonster
Smithyraf1
Rally - Saturday night only

£10 sent via PayPal Gary.

Mr Gazza
30-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Well you slipped in there craftily Rally!

Well done.

I hope everyone has food sorted!!

MrsC_772
30-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Food sorted ... bike is a whole other story :-(

Mr Gazza
30-04-2018, 08:25 PM
I've just spoken to The wonderful people at The Sharnbrook.
They are aware that there has been a problem with the Eventbrite site and they are fixing it as we speak.
If you have tried to order food and failed please try again. It should be fixed within 24hours.
No one will go hungry if they have somehow managed not to pre-order food, but the choice may be more limited.

I will make sure the food ordering gets managed differently if I ever do this again, but we are stuck with this system now... Sorry!

If you have not already done so please make your menu choices and order here.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/uk-monsters-25th-anniversary-weekender-2018-tickets-42275655624

Thanks all. Bon appitit.

Rally
30-04-2018, 08:31 PM
It just keeps saying “Ticket sales ended” Gazza. I will pack some back up snacks! Lol

Mr Gazza
30-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Ticket sales have not ended.
You will still be able to order, they accidentally put a "time out" on the site, which is being fixed...try and order your food tomorrow.

Albie
30-04-2018, 08:35 PM
It just keeps saying “Ticket sales ended” Gazza. I will pack some back up snacks! Lol

You can join Chris eating salt and vinegar crisps at the bar.

WhisperingWasp
30-04-2018, 08:43 PM
In for a penny and all that...

I'm going to join the ride out to Duxford then back for the BBQ. Bought my ticket for Duxford and will do the food when it is fixed.

Two quick questions:
1) Do I still need to email Duxford events with my reference if I am parking with the OC (as per one of the original posts)?
2) Can my missus come along in her car and join for the BBQ?

Mr Gazza
30-04-2018, 08:50 PM
In for a penny and all that...

I'm going to join the ride out to Duxford then back for the BBQ. Bought my ticket for Duxford and will do the food when it is fixed.

Two quick questions:
1) Do I still need to email Duxford events with my reference if I am parking with the OC (as per one of the original posts)?
2) Can my missus come along in her car and join for the BBQ?

1) You will need a Vehicle Display Permit, so yes email the events people.. There is a box in the ticket selection part, that you could have ticked to get a printable permit at the same time as your ticket, but it's too late now.. Email away!

2) Yes definitely.. :mand:

WhisperingWasp
30-04-2018, 08:52 PM
1) You will need a Vehicle Display Permit, so yes email the events people.. There is a box in the ticket selection part, that you could have ticked to get a printable permit at the same time as your ticket, but it's too late now.. Email away!

2) Yes definitely.. :mand:

Sorry I'm asking questions I should know the answer to! I did select the extra "ticket" for vehicle permit so I can just print it out then!

Mr Gazza
30-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Sorry I'm asking questions I should know the answer to! I did select the extra "ticket" for vehicle permit so I can just print it out then!

If you have something that says Vehicle Display Permit, with a barcode, then that's it.

No such thing as a stupid question on here buddy... :mand:

Albie
30-04-2018, 08:58 PM
If you have something that says Vehicle Display Permit, with a barcode, then that's it.

I figured that out last night as I followed instructions on here. Just in case but they were very helpful at least.

Mr Gazza
30-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Still here for you....:mand:

https://s14.postimg.cc/b7k9w54r5/helpdesk_btn_1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

chris yeatman
30-04-2018, 10:44 PM
You can join Chris eating salt and vinegar crisps at the bar.

ready salted these days :mand:

WhisperingWasp
30-04-2018, 10:53 PM

I have that, all sorted. Hoping for good weather :)

Rally
01-05-2018, 06:30 AM
I've just spoken to The wonderful people at The Sharnbrook.
They are aware that there has been a problem with the Eventbrite site and they are fixing it as we speak.
If you have tried to order food and failed please try again. It should be fixed within 24hours.
No one will go hungry if they have somehow managed not to pre-order food, but the choice may be more limited.

I will make sure the food ordering gets managed differently if I ever do this again, but we are stuck with this system now... Sorry!

If you have not already done so please make your menu choices and order here.

Thanks all. Bon appitit.

It's up and running again this morning, so Chris won't have to share his Ready Salted now. :D

chris yeatman
01-05-2018, 07:34 AM
It's up and running again this morning, so Chris won't have to share his Ready Salted now. :D

no need for sharing, I'd buy you a packet :thumbsup:

WhisperingWasp
01-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Sorry if this is not the place for this but if anyone has any original amber lenses for a 2003 Monster (the oval ones) and they would sell them please let me know, I’ll be there on Sunday.

I also have some carbon fibre heel plates if anyone wants them?

chris yeatman
01-05-2018, 07:23 PM
I have checked my spares department and I have 3 if any good? wana swap for heel plates?

WhisperingWasp
01-05-2018, 10:45 PM
I have checked my spares department and I have 3 if any good? wana swap for heel plates?

Yeah no problem, I'll bring them along for you. Don't think they're any good for an S4R though?!

Anyone got a fourth?!

slob
01-05-2018, 11:09 PM
maybe, I'll take a look

iMOC
02-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Talk about last minute. :shocked:

Due to a last minute cancellation I can now get along to the weekender. I've booked my bike in at Duxford including parking, and have ordered my BBQ nosh. I'll arrive Saturday morning for the ride over to Rutland Water. Won't be staying any of the nights as only 20 mins down the road from the Sharnbrook.

Mr Gazza
02-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Yay!.. That's all the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
It'll be good to see you again fella.. :thumbsup:

iMOC
02-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Yeah - it'll be good to get out on a run. My M12R has been under wraps since last Oct I believe.

I'll hand over a £10 cash too Gazza :thumbsup:

Black Bob
04-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Hi all,

It's with some regret that I have to cancel my trip this weekend, which is going to free up a double room for 3 nights. (Fri - Sun)

So if anyone needs a room, do give the Sharmbrook a ring on 01234 783142 - last I heard they were chock full.

Bob.

Mr Gazza
04-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Really sorry to hear that Chris.

Hopefully someone will be able to smooth in..

WhisperingWasp
06-05-2018, 12:35 AM
Guys,

So spent this evening getting the bike nice and ready for tomorrow and had a go at tackling my rear light which I felt was not quite sitting right. Think I have been a bit too aggressive with it and sure I heard something snap.

Anyway... long and short of it is my brake light is stuck on. I am 90% certain it is something to do with the bulb connection/housing as that is what I was being too heavy handed with.

Massive long shot but if anyone going to Sharnbrook tomorrow for the ride to Duxford has a spare rear light unit for a 2003 shape Monster I'd be massively grateful. Don't mind risking it first thing on way to Sharnbrook but no way I can ride all day with no brake light.

This is a proper 11th hour thing so I don't have much hope but if anyone can help it would be amazing.

Apologies in advance for posting across threads but just want to increase my chances :)

WhisperingWasp
06-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Great to meet you guys today and thanks for the warm welcome.

Special thanks to Chris for sorting my brake light "issue"... The less said the better :spin:

Quick request (I'll put a post in the Wanted section too); if anyone has some oval amber lenses for a 2003 shape Monster then please get in touch.

If anyone wants some carbon fibre heel guards/plates then let me know.

Enjoy your evening all.

Dan (blue/white stripe 620sie)

chris yeatman
06-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Special thanks to Chris for sorting my brake light "issue"... The less said the better :spin:

Dan (blue/white stripe 620sie)

Glad it's sorted mate. :twak: