PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast meet - Norfolk.

Mr Gazza
30-09-2017, 07:12 PM
We need a catch up!
We haven't met up since the Spring at Lessingham.

What say we meet for breakfast at Coltishall?
"A Piece of Cake" looks good. http://coltishallcakes.co.uk/index.html

You can find it right near the Coltishall Island filling station. Dead opposite the Chip Shop, on the Wroxham road. (Don't go round the bend, it's still in sight of the petrol station.)

Let's meet at 10am next Sunday 8th October.

emzedder
30-09-2017, 07:34 PM
I'll try and make it.

Mr Gazza
30-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Yay! a bite on the first cast.. :biggrin:

Hope you can make it... I look forward to it.

uncle duke
30-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Shame i'll be away in cornwall ...

Mr Gazza
30-09-2017, 09:59 PM
We had a Sunday breakfast meet in Cornwall back in June.. :biggrin:

I will try and find a different tea room each month, so there will be other opportunities.

uncle duke
01-10-2017, 08:29 AM
So u did ! but i'll hopefully be up for any future tearoom meets through the the following months..you can't turn down the chance of some cake.

emzedder
01-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Yay! a bite on the first cast.. :biggrin:

Hope you can make it... I look forward to it.

Don't know where this year has gone ... surprising how much resource (of all types!) a wedding consumes ..... I did pop into the Reepham day but didn't see you about. Quite apparent that vintage German motorcycles are thin on the ground. When's the last time you saw an R25 or similar ....

Mr Gazza
01-10-2017, 10:22 AM
I did go to Reepham and saw Mr and Mrs dacs.
I didn't stop long as I was quite disappointed, not only by the complete lack of any German motorcycles, but the apparent lack of organisation. Other Marques seemed to outnumber the German cars and they had shoehorned very ordinary work-a-day cars in, to make it awkward for the people to walk round. While down the streets outside, were parked countless Porches, Cobras, TVR, Mini Marcos and other vintage stuff of much interest. They need to revise! Lucky to get such nice weather though, 4 times in a row.
I went home and got on with a project that is in the way of all the other projects.

Edit.. Didn't your Dad have an R25? Half a boxer turned 90 degrees?

emzedder
01-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Yes, it was like Robinsons car forecourt but they turned away a gorgeous Mk1 Lotus Cortina!
Dad had an early R25 as you say a twin on its side, pulled like a train. . He bought it from Mick Hodson who was based at RAF Coltishal, dad supported him and the RAFMSA Bantam racing boys for couple years.

uncle duke
01-10-2017, 03:49 PM
As no cake next week i had a dash out to Flixton for tea & cake & very brief look around the place ..there & back in the dry !!! thats a result in todays rubbish weather. Couldn't face the Copdock bike show so the £10 i saved went on petrol instead..

Mr Gazza
01-10-2017, 06:22 PM
The organisers have admitted they cocked up and it will different next year apparently.
I saw the Cortina.

Flixton is on my list, I rode past it on Saturday. One of my favourite Aircraft museums. It was on the C2C route too.

buzzbomb
01-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Mk1 Lotus Cortina, 18 months old was sold to fund our wedding and the first house purchase but that was 51and a bit years ago.
Ally doors, bonnet and boot plus A frame rear suspension blimey what would it be worth today but heyho we're still together so happy days.

Mr Gazza
01-10-2017, 08:38 PM
I have it my head that they used to assemble the Lotus Cortinas in a big building between Catfield and Ludham. Might have got that wrong?

Mr Gazza
02-10-2017, 04:29 PM
I have it my head that they used to assemble the Lotus Cortinas in a big building between Catfield and Ludham. Might have got that wrong?

I checked with a local petrol head (My brother-in-law).
It was Lotus Talbot Sunbeams that they built there in the eighties. Long after the Cortinas had finished.

Mr Gazza
07-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Weather is looking good for tomorrow.
Dacs and emzedder are coming, hope some more will join us.
The burning question is, shall I go for the full English or just hit the cake from the off??.. :biggrin:

Moco1961
07-10-2017, 12:17 PM
That's a time related question mr Gazza........if you meet past 10.30 then it's brunch which means etiquette dictates both !!!!!!( which is the option I usually take)

Mr Gazza
08-10-2017, 12:19 PM
As it happens I spied the cake before the menu and went straight in with a big slice of chocolate cake. :mand: Mmmm.
A very nice venue as it turns out. Very busy though as it is also the local Sunday school, so a bit of chaos in the car park... We will return.

Really nice to see everyone and have such a nice meeting over breakfast and cake.

4 Ducatis in the car park, 750, 900 and 1200 Monsters, plus a 900SS. A nice turnout.
That's Dacs, myself, Paul, Jackie and emzedder, respectively.

Everyone enthusiastically agreed to do it again next month, so looking forward to that already.... Will let you know the venue nearer the time, somewhat weather dependant.
Flixton is on the cards if it's fine.

emzedder
08-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Really enjoyed it, good to catch up.

BigBoy
08-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Hi. I can certainly vouch for the full English and it was good to meet up today ...paul...

Mr Gazza
09-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Good to see you and Jackie yesterday, Paul.
Glad you found you way onto the forum too... Hope to see some more of you.. :biggrin: