PDA

View Full Version : Ride with a twist at the end of it

FLATTOP
22-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Took a ride down to Hastings today from Rochford I went down the A21 and returned towards Rye on the A259 coming off at Brenzett to head back to Essex.

Some great twisty roads near winchelsea sun was shining Bike was absolutely flying what could go wrong a perfect day.

Start approaching the Dartford tunnel in real heavy traffic and my oil light comes on now I know my levels fine because I checked before I left pulls into the services oil every where and down one side of the rear tyre.

On closer inspection its the oil pressure switch I rode home like a tart and took it off when I got in it was loose tightened it up light went out and then proceeded to degrease my Bike.

The joys of Motorcycles still a nice 190 mile round trip.

Mark64
22-09-2017, 07:50 PM
That's the joy of Ducati - turning riders into mechanics ;-)

Doggy
22-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Glad it was nothing too major!

jonzi
23-09-2017, 11:54 AM
I took the oil pressure switch out of my race bike, a 600ss.

And forgot to put it back in.

The switch is at the back of the 600 engine. I don't have a rear hugger.

So I was blowing oil all over my rear tyre. Managed to last 2 sessions before it spat me off. Ended up breaking my wrist and tearing a ligament in my knee. Whilst in Anglesey and I lived in London at the time.

Fun times.

It's now been replaced with a blanking bolt and lock wire.

FLATTOP
23-09-2017, 04:53 PM
It's surprising how much oil flys out of them when loose or in your case missing its deadly when on the rear tyre hence why I rode like a tart for the remainder of my journey home yesterday.

I took it out today for a blast out to Wallasey Island largest man made nature reserve in Europe, I believe it's all the spoil from cross rail shipped up the Thames, and then I stopped off at the Shepherd and Dog Pub in a local village which attracts a lot of Bikers on a Saturday met some old friends who I haven't seen for well over 20 years glad to say my bike is behaving itself now.