PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 14th Popham Ride

BoozyBOB
08-03-2004, 12:08 AM
after much chat/PM/E-mail.....the southern ride ..(a kind invite from DSC)..to Popham Airfield neer Basingstoke is on...
after talking with JMo..(who wants a coffee) i think the Hampshire Monsters can meet at West Meon up to 10:15...where Sussex will join us to ride to the Lord Derby pub neer Odiham...we leave W/Meon 10:45 prompt..(i want a smoke at Odiham)...to meet Surrey Monsters and DSC for Mass ride to Popham along A30...:lol: :burnout:

JMo
08-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Boozy, that sounds like a fair plan - fits in with everyone else (except Ped, who can't make it till later I believe)...

I will post these details in Sussex for their meet and ride to West Meon... will be an early start for the the Sussexites of course (and even earlier for me, I'm motocross racing at Horsham - wey hey!)

Have a great day!

xxx

thesaxman
09-03-2004, 10:55 AM
may not be able to make it to west meon for 10.45, if not we will make our own way to popham a bit later & catch you's there. weather permitting......

BoozyBOB
09-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Sax...
this ride is an invite from Surrey DSC...it would be good if you and Sprint can join at Meon....if not i hope you can get to Popham to meet up....

BoozyBOB
10-03-2004, 12:02 AM
Just a reminder....
if memory is still working...mmmm....there was a lot of parking on grass last time...so remember to take a pad for your stand....

CK & AK
10-03-2004, 08:00 AM
Bob - its an invite from Hants DSC to our mob from Surrey, I just thought I would extend the invite you any of you who wanted to come - as long as you can all meet up to ride in together, no probs - the more the merrier.
The carpark is 'hard standing' - last years big'un, was on the grass.

C:D

BoozyBOB
10-03-2004, 10:23 PM
to stop the confusion....
I have updated the Hants Events Diary...(me getting confused)
Sunday 14th is Surrey reg meet day...(second Sunday of the month)...
Hants have been invited to join in with THIER ride to Popham...
So HANTS MEET point is West Meon...then we will have a short ride to join up with Surrey...
can all who intend to join this ride please let me know on this post...(Even those from other areas..(Sussex?)...)
cheers..

BoozyBOB
13-03-2004, 09:07 AM
:( wet wet wet weather...bike now tucked up, leathers off..sitting here with a fry-up looking at the trees bending in the wind and rain....
...and Mrs Boozy has just said 'if you are not going out on the bike, we could go shopping'......ho hum..wheres the sun...:(

Julie
13-03-2004, 09:08 AM
its in the midlands

BoozyBOB
13-03-2004, 09:11 AM
have a good day out J+R...get lots of pics to prove it...
cheers

Julie
13-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Ok BB.
Enjoy the shopping he he

gary tompkins
13-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Don't worry Bob the weater's pants here too. Glad I got a short blast in yesterday, looks like it's a going to be a day in the garage playing with the spanners :rolleyes:

Now where did I leave those 916 forks? :)

CK & AK
13-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Just dragged AK to do the food shopping, and going to start packing books etc..... (at least the bike is clean in the garage this time)

C

spacemonkey
13-03-2004, 11:04 AM
And it's another grey day here in Gotham City too...

BoozyBOB
13-03-2004, 04:14 PM
lets hope the weather gets better soon....
..a day shopping with Mrs Boozy...:eek: my wallet needs a rest..:mad: ...and i need a beer...

Duncan
13-03-2004, 06:24 PM
And it pissed down with rain in the South West but it didnt stop me and JR from getting over to the Waggon and about 60 miles in total.

JMo
13-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Ah Duncan - at least you didn't get covered from head to toe in mud, and totally knackered...

Of course it was my choice to go motocross racing today - but like monstering, it is far more pleasant in the dry and the warm...

Roll on summer!

xxx

CK & AK
13-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Did you win Jen? How did you get on?
wish we had found out where you were going, as having got so wet the last couple of weekends, thought we didnt want to go thro it again. (some of the roads still look like lakes here).
Could have come to watch/jeer/laugh by car:D ;)

C

JMo
13-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by CK & AK
Did you win Jen? How did you get on?

Have PM'd you already infact - but for the benefit of anyone else who may or may not care:

Well, it was kind of good - in a cold, wet and extremely muddy way... I did well in qualifying, and technically won the first race! - although it was more a war of attrition than a race per se - and I just managed more laps than anyone else (and, ahem, there were only three girls in that group - the others had decided not to race as the conditions were so poor). There were three rounds for the girls in the afternoon, but I decided it was probably best not to risk another outing in such bad weather and ground conditions - I didn't want to clag up my bike or damage myself for no real reason other than a few more points. However, one girl did go out again (mad!), so presumably she will have got more points than me today, together with her second place (I think), and then a first by default of course...

I'm going to wait until the weather is a bit drier before entering another round (there are ten in the ladies championship) - there's usually about a dozen girls racing, so we have our own group - although our championship races are run at the same time as the pre 1985 bikes - and some of those guys are really fast ( I was lapped by a few of them today, humph) so it can get a bit hectic...

Next one is on the 4th of April (although I may be doing an enduro that day tbc), but I will definately be doing the 12th of April (Easter Monday, day after the MOC/DUC do at Box Hill of course!) at Horsham again...

Here's hoping for (much) better weather mind!

JennyMo

xxx

spacemonkey
13-03-2004, 09:39 PM
You'll be quoting Siegfried Sassoon and Wilfred Owen next with conditions like that...

JMo
13-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by spacemonkey
You'll be quoting Siegfried Sassoon and Wilfred Owen next with conditions like that...

"Bent double, like old beggers under sacks,
knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through the sludge..."

How very appropriate!

xxx

spacemonkey
14-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Not Baldrick's "Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!" ?