PDA

View Full Version : Carbie Fuel Pump

Nasher
31-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Does anyone have a spare Carbie Vacuum Fuel pump hanging around they'd like to sell?

Possibly even a duff one at the right price so I can attempt to get a rebuild kit for it.

Thanks

Nasher

Albie
31-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Does anyone have a spare Carbie Vacuum Fuel pump hanging around they'd like to sell?

Possibly even a duff one at the right price so I can attempt to get a rebuild kit for it.

Thanks

Nasher

Do you need the pump or just a place to buy a rebuild kit. I got one the other week for mine. Around £25 or less in uk not USA

Nasher
31-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Do you need the pump or just a place to buy a rebuild kit. I got one the other week for mine. Around £25 or less in uk not USA

Albie

Hi.

Both would be useful.

Even if I find a good pump I'd want to rebuild my original one to put on the shelf as a spare.

Plus taking one to bits will get me a good look inside so I can explore an idea I've been pondering with regards to a float bowl priming mechanism for when the bikes not been used in a while.

Thanks

Nasher.

bobbertandsammy
31-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I have a carbie steel tank with the pump still inside it. No clue as to working condition as I've never used it. I was selling the whole thing but I could take that out for you if you want

Albie
31-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Albie

Hi.

Both would be useful.

Even if I find a good pump I'd want to rebuild my original one to put on the shelf as a spare.

Plus taking one to bits will get me a good look inside so I can explore an idea I've been pondering with regards to a float bowl priming mechanism for when the bikes not been used in a while.

Thanks

Nasher.
Not much inside but chambers. Ten minutes to change gaskets. That's pretty much it is just gaskets and two valves. Just undoing of screws. It's on my blog but will send you a link when I get home. Have not got a spare but nothing should break inside just leak if worn or interfered with

Nasher
31-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Albie

Hi.

Just had (another) look through your blog.

Found the bit where the kit had arrived and you'd rebuilt the pump, but couldn't see a link.
You say you found it in the UK, which is great as all I can find are sites in the states.

Nasher.

Dookbob
31-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Allens engineering in Bingham is where I got my last pump kit from

Albie
31-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Albie

Hi.

Just had (another) look through your blog.

Found the bit where the kit had arrived and you'd rebuilt the pump, but couldn't see a link.
You say you found it in the UK, which is great as all I can find are sites in the states.

Nasher.

Here is the link

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/shop/

Mikini repair kit Repair Kit: Fuel Pump MK-DF62

To put the valves in wet the end and push a blunt back end of a drill in the valve tube hole and push gently until it seats. That's a blunt end radius bit

Nasher
01-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Thanks Albie

I'd discounted that one as it says it's for a twin outlet pump, and the pump on my M900 is a single outlet.

But if it fits your pump then it should fit mine, I expect it's just two outlets from a common chamber anyway.

Nasher.

Nasher
01-09-2017, 11:25 AM
I should add of course that I'm still interested in purchasing a spare pump to use or rebuild if anyone has one.

Thanks

Nasher