PDA

View Full Version : Engine light with exhaust valve eliminator?

Petej
30-07-2017, 03:46 PM
So fitted the exhaust valve eliminator today and oddly I had the engine light on as soon as ignition was switched on........ I removed it and plugged the servo back in and off again, switched again and started and this time it was fine.

Thing is turned it off and 10mins later when I switch it on I have the light again, rides fine but the whole point is to not have to have the light on all the time surely?

I had no instructions but presume it's just plug and play no routin you must go through initially with the ignition?

Cheers Pete

Ron1000
30-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Pete,
That's exactly the issue i had with it. The company have fixed it in new the plugs. I was told it only effected the 13 year evos.

So basically the eml will stay on anytime it tries to use the valve. I.e. Start up self check or when it moves during running.

You can conceiveably have the emi off if the bikes warm and doesn't do it's self check but then will come on during running at some stage.

And is defo plug and play.

Luddite
30-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Hi, Pete

Which eliminator did you get in the end, the duc.ee or the Healtech?

Doggy
30-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Sometimes mine comes on if i;m rolling down a long hill off the throttle. Touch the gas again and it goes out .

Petej
30-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Hi, Pete

Which eliminator did you get in the end, the duc.ee or the Healtech?

It's a smart moto I got off ron100, maybe I'll give them a call and see what the situation is.

Petej
30-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Pete,
That's exactly the issue i had with it. The company have fixed it in new the plugs. I was told it only effected the 13 year evos.

So basically the eml will stay on anytime it tries to use the valve. I.e. Start up self check or when it moves during running.

You can conceiveably have the emi off if the bikes warm and doesn't do it's self check but then will come on during running at some stage.

And is defo plug and play.

Yeah once check is done I switch over and ok, until next time I turn it off, which basically means it's not doing anything :(

Very odd, but at Least it's not anything I'm doing to cause it!

Ron1000
30-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Yeah basically a software issue. Probably best just binning it tbh. The new ones work perfectly tho