PDA

View Full Version : a bit lumpy running with new cans.

kevin5952
07-03-2004, 02:04 PM
purchased some carbon cans off elmonstrado they are excellent ,but i have noticed that the bike seems to run a bit lumpy at the moment,the cans were slip on,do i need to have anyhting done to the bike or should slip ons make no difference to the running...many thanks..

spacemonkey
07-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Visit a nice man/woman with a Dyno, get a nice K&N (stage 2, open top is best) and a stage 2 Dynojet kit, and get them to put it all together and get it running sweet on the Dyno. The bike will be nicer sounding, nicer running, more powerful, more fuel efficient (yes, really) and you will be a happy bunny, and just a little poorer, but who cares when you're having this much fun?

Matt Black
07-03-2004, 05:06 PM
That's what I did that is.
Worked a treat. I have no airbox at all.
Gotta love that induction noise.

spacemonkey
07-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Oh yes....

How come I've never seen you about the Poole area? Not many Monsters around Poole/Bournemouth at all. Loadsa 916 types, but only on very sunny Sundays outside Three Cross Rip Off or Poole Quay (parked up only).

steviej
07-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Spacemonkey:

[i]and just a little poorer, but who cares when you're having this much fun? [/B]

How much is 'a little poorer?':eek: :eek: :eek:

spacemonkey
07-03-2004, 10:04 PM
It varies.. my memory tells me (though this can never be relid upon. Would you believe that the wealth of useless information I put up on this site all comes from memory? I used to have perfect recall for Useless Information (you know that John Doe off the Sci Fi channel? That's me, that is) but my memory has more holes now than our highways) that the filterwas about £40 and the dynojet kit was about £80 and the dyno time was about £125 for a few hours. This will be the best spent money your bike receives..