PDA

View Full Version : M620ie - stand switch

YourOldNemesis
07-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Unlike the 800 and 1000, the 620ie is set up so that if you have the sidestand down even in neutral then the engine cuts out/won't start. This is annoying as I want to warm it up on the stand without having to sit there like a lemon. Is there a box of tricks I can use to change the behaviour so that it works like other bikes and only cuts out if I'm not in neutral? (I don't want to remove the cutout feature all together because I'm bound to leave the stand out at some point if I do!).

Thanks

YON

Bunny
07-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Contact Stuart at Spareshack 01895 439916 he'll sell you a sidestand cut-out switch so it works like the jap stuff

superlight3
07-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Spot on Bunny.

Just unbolt all that sidestand-switch rubbish and plug in the electronic bridge.

Problem sorted!

Cheers.

Lee.

SazzaG
07-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Ooh, it's a wonderful gadget! Got one the other week from Spareshack, and fitted it myself onto my M620ie.

Yes, it's that easy. Even a girl with no technical expertise can do it! Once you've located the first thing to unplug (easy) and the neutral switch (again easy thanks to the photo on the instructions), it's really a case of "that has to there, 'cos there's nowhere else for it to go"!

Starts up in neutral with the sidestand down, and cuts out if you put it in gear without putting the stand up. Perfick!

S