PDA

View Full Version : London Acid Attacks

alan s4
14-07-2017, 02:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40604002

Horrific - and all for the theft of a moped. Would make me think twice about wearing an open faced lid if I rode in the Capital (which I don't).

Saint aka ML
14-07-2017, 02:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40604002

Horrific - and all for the theft of a moped. Would make me think twice about wearing an open faced lid if I rode in the Capital (which I don't).

It must be more then that 5 mopeds like that there are easier ways but yes full face lid and need to get new neck thing.

Dirty
14-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Moped theft and stolen moped related crime is getting beyond ridiculous in London at the moment. Even I know who most of the Islington gang are so the police certainly do. 1 problem is their hands are tied when giving chase. They are not supposed to give chase if it is 'dangerous' and the scroats know this so they simply take their lid off (if they are wearing one) and the cops have to stand down.

Ursa
14-07-2017, 08:30 PM
It's horrific, quite frankly and perhaps the added acid element may change the police policy of doing nothing.

Last month I was almost a bike jacking victim in Islington on the way home late from a dinner out. Just by the Emirates stadium, I was accosted by two scooters going up Hornsey Road, one with a single rider that kept getting in front of me and slowing right down, trying to stop me, the one behind two up which was right on my tail. I ended up blasting through a red and battering home via a different route at high speed, losing them on the way.

I spoke to the police after, they said they can't do anything. They took the details and I've heard nothing. There's a gang turf war going on in the area which is escalating the issue, and in future I should go to a petrol station or busy area where I expect to be caught, beaten, have my bike stolen and if the scrotes get caught see them getting a slap on the wrist at best. The system is a joke.

Dirty
14-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Nope, they'll just start regulating sales of corrosives making it more of a pita for Non crims and having zero effect on those who don't care about the law anyway.

Still on a positive note the worst punishment I can think of for any bike thief would be to have the bad fortune to nick yours :mand: :mand: :mand: :mand:

Dirty
15-07-2017, 12:10 AM
What might get the police to actually take action is if they keep doing what I just witnessed. Hit targets in the belgravia / Mayfair area!

slob
15-07-2017, 06:45 AM
...the worst punishment I can think of for any bike thief would be to have the bad fortune to nick yours...

is there ever a time when you try not to be a complete twat?

Dirty
15-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Yep, every time I deal with people who have a sense of humour. Did I not put enough smileys to flag that up to a blind man in the a dark cupboard? :mand: :mand: :mand:

slob
15-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Sorry, I got that the wrong way round, what I meant was: Is there ever a time when you're not trying to be a complete twat? CYA (smiley, smiley, smiley... see no one's fooled)

jerry
16-07-2017, 08:00 AM
when I travel in london I keep a hammer handy but may escalate to a garden hand spray full of petrol and a handy zippo to try and fight back ,,,, it worked well in thailand .

Darkness
16-07-2017, 12:45 PM
.... it worked well in thailand .

Perhaps we should all go to Thailand and leave the scrotes to play with themselves until the problem goes away?

jerry
18-07-2017, 05:28 PM
unfortunately plenty of scroates in Thailand and most countries but things do seem to be escalting in UK

Saint aka ML
20-07-2017, 10:27 AM
I am now on scooter will tell you when I start robbing people or get robbed :)

If you do not feel confident you can out ride them do not. Red light will mean points on your licence, same speeding. Irrelevant of them chasing you or not.
Also they do take risks and might push you to take risks and crash.
One time they tried it when I was on hyper I kicked one in to oncoming traffic and htey gave up.
Same years back when on monster they seem to not want to die despite taking risks so that is their weak side.

alan s4
20-07-2017, 10:40 AM
So if you regularly ride a bike or scooter in London the expectation is you are going to be attacked/robbed:eek: Over 30 years of riding in Glasgow I've never once felt threatened, or even heard of any incidents involving bike on bike shenanigans.

Saint aka ML
20-07-2017, 11:22 AM
Yes times have moved on. Plenty of scooters and bikes in London so easy pickings.

slob
20-07-2017, 01:03 PM
I've regularly ridden a bike in London for over 30 years, had a couple nicked while parked, never been attacked unless you count myopic car drivers etc. While scooter crime is at an all time high and bike theft is still rife the news depends on ever more sensational stories to keep the public 's attention, it's not like driving in Bogota or Bagdhad

Saint aka ML
20-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Slob it depends. Penge is bogota when you pass by on sports bike.

Ursa
22-07-2017, 03:43 PM
My friend was bike jacked last year for her R6 on Old Kent Road. She's shorter than me and was badly beaten in the attack. There's definitely a problem, check out the advice on Biker and Bike on how to deal with bike jackings.

Saint aka ML
24-07-2017, 01:58 PM
My friend was bike jacked last year for her R6 on Old Kent Road. She's shorter than me and was badly beaten in the attack. There's definitely a problem, check out the advice on Biker and Bike on how to deal with bike jackings.

On what, what is the Biker and Bike?

Ursa
24-07-2017, 02:03 PM
On what, what is the Biker and Bike?

https://bikerandbike.co.uk/

Saint aka ML
25-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Check this one out:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-general-news/motorcyclist-threatened-knife-and-hammer-armed-raiders-steal-%C2%A312000

My mate and his Pani.

He has pictures of every single person involved as they admitted it to him via fake FB accounts by providing his exact address (they know as they nicked it).

So 0 fear from scrotums. We are ****ed.

Jez900ie
25-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Total scum. Its time for every motorcyclist to write to their MP to insist the Police persue these moped riding bastards.

Moco1961
25-07-2017, 07:47 PM
That's absolutely shocking to see Saint .......hope your mate can get over it, that's like mob rule at its worst.....

Darren69
25-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Yep, its shocking and disgusting they have found a loophole in the law regs that allows them to get away with it. I'd be tempted to get a shotgun and shoot the bastards next time or to take out the angle grinder with one and scare them off. But where would that end?

Saint aka ML
27-07-2017, 08:43 AM
That's absolutely shocking to see Saint .......hope your mate can get over it, that's like mob rule at its worst.....

As par of therapy he bought a white 1199s :)
He did also build a ramp to get it ot living room daily.

I guess he is over it.....

Darren69
27-07-2017, 08:58 AM
The whole thing reeks of organised crime to me. Its almost that it's expected to get his bike nicked but he's insured so it's ok, so police don't bother. In the house is a wise move, when someone tried to break into my house a while back the police were there in force in about 5 mins.

Jez900ie
28-07-2017, 05:44 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40731485