PDA

View Full Version : Please bear with me!

Phoenix
07-03-2004, 09:53 AM
I will be posting up a ride thread within the next week here for us Worcester Monsters.

Just to say i've been a bit tied up with one thing and another over the last month culminating in losing my Grandad 29th Feb. Was not expected and has left a big hole in my life right now as I was more or less bought up by my grandparents and feel a huge sense of loss, still can't believe I can't pick up the phone and have a laugh with him anymore.
His funeral is on Thursday this week which will see me travelling to Isle of Wight.

Now back to the subject and I plan tentatively to have a run out on April 4th so please keep an eye here if you are free that Sunday.

superlight3
07-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss Pheonix.

:(

Lee.

Melnie Mouse
07-03-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Phoenix, :( I lost my nan last June it's very hard as they're probably the only people you can rely on to always be there for you... 'computer hug' :)

keep busy but make sure you have time to yourself too x

Kev Bunney
07-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Warmest condolences, time, and only time will ease the pain, take care.

Julie
07-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. our thoughts are with you.

I hope you dont mind me posting details of the Market Bosworth run in your section.

Phoenix
07-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks peeps ... minds taken up trying to source the music now and doing an RAF set of wings in flowers...My Grandad was a Air Gunner in Lancaster Bombers and then went on to serve in some (still secret it appears) unit in Burma. Its been a huge shock as irrespective of his age (87)..he was still very active and quite honestly no different to any 60 yr old. I'll miss our chats very much but i'm grateful that he spent Christmas with us this year. I guess the funeral will bring it home to me Thursday but it's hard to know I can't dial his number right now and hear his voice :(
Sadly he had a small tumour they decided to remove, there were no concerns at all re the operation and the tumour hadn't spread but tragically he had a massive heart attack during the surgery and when he came round he couldn't maintain his oxygen levels so they put him on life support and apparently the heart attack caused catastrophic organ failure so it was decided it was all in vain and was switched off. He died 1/2 hour after.
I know there are always concerns re knocking someone out his age but really he was so well they weren't that concerned and the cancer certainly wasnt to be a problem at all.
Given we were all expecting him to be home this weekend and back down the club playing bingo , we're all feeling a bit shocked.

Anyway...thanks for your thoughts :)

CK & AK
07-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Lin, my thoughts are with you, I cannot begin to say how much I understand what you are going through, having lost my mum so suddenly only 5 weeks ago.
Big hug from both of us to you all.

Charlotte & Alan

Phoenix
07-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Yep...sucks dunnit CK :(

I always kinda bolted " home " to my Nan and Grandads in tough times..lost my Nan 8 years ago but still continued my visits to Grandad and safe house they provided. Funny how, even surrounded by well wishers and your own family, somehow you feel alone and lost.

Time Heals and all that and one thing i'll always have are the memories and those are well worth the pain I feel right now.

07-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Phoenix.

The Burma bit is intersting. An uncle of mine was in Burma, he never talked about it, ever, really traumatic stuff. Anyway he died a few years back and I went to the funeral. Two aged soldiers from the Burma Star Association turned up, blazers, berets and medals. At the end of the service stood to attention and one of them quoted this:

"They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,
We shall remember them."

Really powerful stuff. Really brougt a lump to the throat.

fly
07-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Sad sad news Lin.......our thoughts are with you, especially on Thursday :(

Tom said to send you big hugs.

Linda xx

steviej
07-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Deepest Sympathy to you and your family..............

crust
07-03-2004, 10:13 PM
:( sorry to hear of your loss

BIG HUG

thoughts will be with you on thurs, RIP Grandad

:( Crust