PDA

View Full Version : diagnostic equipment

chris yeatman
09-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Does anyone have access to diagnostic computer for the s4r?
still having problems with it starting and idling, I've changed spark plugs, removed pc3, runs on both cylinders lovely wen choke is on, all be it fast reving.

Darren69
09-07-2017, 09:40 AM
There's some software you can run on your PC. JPDiag

http://jpdiag.akress.com/

There should be info on there that tells you what leads/drivers you need etc.

Stevedesmo
09-07-2017, 02:38 PM
There's no choke either, no fuel injected dukes have a choke, it's just a fast idle that cracks the throttle open a bit. I mention that as you might go down the path of thinking it's running lean, but it's flawed logic!

Stevedesmo
09-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Just saw the other post where you mention a rebuild, was it ok before, how long is it since you stripped it? Always handy to get clues from info like that, is the battery and charging system aok? Can sometimes throw up oddball faults you might not connect to them as a source

chris yeatman
09-07-2017, 04:26 PM
it's been in the rebuild state since 2013 with the battery disconnected, I think the pc3 has lost its mapping, but also I'm thinking that the ecu could be self learning because it's seems to be getting better each time I run it up. charging system and battery are good.

AndyP
09-07-2017, 06:05 PM
I've used the ScanMX5 Android app with some success in that it,amongst other things, allows you to do a TPS reset on a linear TPS/5.9M ecu equiped bike. It also monitors sensor outputs and lots of other good stuff.

As well as the app you'll also need bluetooth OBD2 scanner and a 16pin to Fiat type 3 pin adaptor.

I'd also suggest you check out bikeboy.org for a lot of good info on the subject.

Darren69
09-07-2017, 06:17 PM
My guess would be a TPS reset is what you need to try first.