PDA

View Full Version : Resetting the "MAINT" service warning

paul620sie
07-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Any idea how I reset service warning? Riverside (Northampton) carried out the 700mile service a while ago and forgot to reset the "MAINT" warning on the LCD display. Does any one know how i can clear it?

Melnie Mouse
07-03-2004, 08:01 AM
just drop in to dealer they do on their computer i think... 2 secs job... i'll go and ask someone, to make sure and get back to you if you are able to do it yourself :)

Dark-Jon
07-03-2004, 10:21 AM
You can do this yourself if you want, I had to on my 600 mile service. I cant remember exactly, but its something along the lines of holding one or both of the buttons on the display down and THEN turn the ignition on. Let the clocks wiz round, turn the ignition off, let go off buttons and that should be it. Its summint like that, there was a post about this ages ago but I did a quick search a couldnt find it

Hope that at least gets you looking in the right direction. Or you could just get a dealer to do it, as Mel said it IS a 2 sec job

Dark-Jon :)

paul620sie
07-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks. Just reset it myself using Dark-Jon's instructions with slight mod (the first attempt didn't work).

-Press and hold LH dash button
-turn ingnition on, watch dials do the sweep thing and return to rest
-turn ignition off
-release LH button

Hey presto! turn on ignition and "maint" warning gone.

Dark-Jon
07-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Cool

Told you I couldn't remember exactly how it went, hehe :o

Stoopid grey matter :rolleyes:

Dark-Jon :burnout:

Dave Pearson
07-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks, my MAINT warning was still on after it's 600 service at Bridge Motorcycles. Couldn't be ar*ed to take it back to get them to switch it off (not convinced they know how).

fly
07-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks from me as well :D I've also had the MAINT warning on since my 600 service last May, now nearly due its 6000 so was going to get them to do it then.

I did call in at Riders of Bridgwater on the off chance last year, but the workshop guys were on lunch & I would have to wait an hour before they could do. It may be a 2 sec job for the dealer, but not having a dealer on the doorstep like many on here, it's great to now be able to clear it myself :)

JMo
07-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Don't worry - that's all the workshop guys do too... (hold the LH button down and switch on the ignition etc.)

xxx

COR
07-04-2004, 09:18 PM
And another!!!